Auburn fires Gus Malzahn

texifornia

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

My memory gets hazy the further away from it we get but wasn't Gus a possible candidate before they landed on Charlie? Gus wasn't an option because he was in the MNC?

According to this board, every coach is a candidate if the hive mind allows it

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Wow. So you can fire a coach with no immediate backfill BEFORE NSD 1???

Is such a thing even allowed???

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Auburn with more balls than Texas. Not afraid to pay 21.5 million buyout to try and make your program better.

We are Texas. It would be uncivilized to fire our coach in such a manner. How dare you!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, jinx said:

Wow!  So you can just up and fire a coach, even when you owe him money huh?  I wonder if Auburn is worried if they will find another coach to replace him.  I hope they do before next season, seems like quite a risk.

Good news is, they have an interim coach. Novel Concept from such a small school

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Auburn University (sic) exists to support a football program, not the other way around.

Well you can’t have your cake and eat it too then. I just think they dont have to be mutually exclusive

Edited by taybo20

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Was curious to see what high worth individual attended Auburn.

Tim Cook went to Auburn?!?! Wut? Doubt he gives a fuck about football, but I had him pegged (😬) as a coastal university kind of guy

On October 30, Cook came out as gay in an editorial for Bloomberg Business saying "I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me."

Oh, wait, I was thinking of Tim Apple.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Tim Cook went to Auburn?!?! Wut? Doubt he gives a fuck about football, but I had him pegged (😬) as a coastal university kind of guy

He was at the iron bowl last year. Maybe he does care

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Yellawood

and have you seen the price of lumber lately? (although it is trending down now it is still way up high and demand is through the roof and expected to continue that way)

yellafella.jpg

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Firing a guy who never lost less than four games for the last seven consecutive years. Real profiles in fucking courage here.

I mean, sure. Also - Auburn has a more recent MNC and MNC appearance than Texas - and is a program with far less money and historical success.

Not really apples to apples.