Europa League 2020-21

Captain Ron

On 5/26/2021 at 10:26 PM, Captain Ron said:

I for one bore Emery no ill will and harbor none to this day, and this is the overwhelming consensus on Arsenal Reddits.  "Good guy, good on him."  Villareal's victory over Utd warmed my heart, because Utd lost (no explanation necessary), a good dude managed his side to another trophy, and a club deemed "not SL worthy" got into the CL.  

He inherited a club in flux with completely absent ownership and a revolving door in the front office. Nonetheless, his first season in charge he led us to (IIRC) somewhere around a 12-match unbeaten run in the league.  Got us to the EL Final, where he lost his only EL knockout match EVER to Chelsea (had we faced European competition in the Final I think the result is different; we had a mental block the latter half of that season against PL sides).  That things went off the rails his second season was as much down to a lack of leadership among the players in the dressing room as his tactical/managerial decisions. 

Edited by Dutch