What Do You Want for Christmas?

CHIEF

I've been blessed. My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her two things. I have a sub, Arturo, that owes me about $6k, he is always struggling financially, he is overweight, and in poor health. He drives a truck for a living, and runs a concrete business out of the truck at the same time. About to loose his sister to COVID. For Christmas, I want as a gift to me, to forgive $2500 of his debt. 

Ismael was my parents lawn guy. He works sunup to sundown 6-7 days per week. I am serving as GC on a small one bedroom, one bath carport he is converting into a barndominium. He is moving his wife and son into it, then, will build on as he makes more money. I want to buy him a bistro table for the smaller space he will be moving into.

Materially, I am at a place where I don't really need anything, and their needs are more important than my wants. It has been this way for at least four years now. Anybody else in the same boat?

CHIEF

Oh, and two chicks at one time.

Edited by CHIEF
Two Chicks
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Good question. I have a hard time shopping for others because I can hardly even think of anything I want for myself that is reasonable. I don't really relate much to the whims and wants of regularass average folks.

The things I really wish for are things money can't buy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Good question. I have a hard time shopping for others because I can hardly even think of anything I want for myself that is reasonable. I don't really relate much to the whims and wants of regularass average folks.

1. You must have never been one. I've had it done for me. Just glad to get to a point in life that I can return the favor.

2. Of course not.

CHIEF

• Like 1

I wanted a little side table to go next to my comfy chair to replace the Vox AC-15C amp I was using to put my drink on. But I finally found a decent one today for $40. Now I want a good space to put my Vox AC-15 until I someday have the desire and opportunity to crank it up loud and play. I would also like to be good at playing guitar.

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

That’s fucking fowl.

Dude, not what I was inferring at all. It was a simple question. I am materialistic, in a sense that when I need something, I buy it right then, I don't wait until Christmas. That has left me in a position to do something nice for others. Just wondering if there are others like me, and if they are in the same position, do they do the same. Nothing more, nothing less. Cajun bought himself a new thermal scope for Christmas, I couldn't be happier.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

A bit of a melancholy answer, but it's mine: I want to hear my daughters laugh for Christmas.

I have two (no photos), college sophomore and 8th grader. Both are really well adjusted and are doing fantastically in school, but all things Covid have just stolen the joy out of them... out of us all.

I find myself thinking of moments where we all were in the midst of something ridiculous- tears from our eyes, struggling to breathe, every little thing setting off another avalanche of head thrown back laughter. That used to be a pretty regular part of our time together, and I miss it.

Everything else I could want I either have or can buy... but that sound of laughter is something that I miss deeper than I'm willing to admit out loud.

Thanks for the catharsis.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 8

I'm finally figuring out that Covid has me depressed as hell.  I'm prone to depression anyway, but the last nine or ten months has me really messed up.  After my wife asking me repeatedly what I want and not having anything to tell her, I finally figured it out.  I want those who have lost their loved ones to have them back.  Those who have lost jobs to be employed again.  Those who are hungry to eat.  Those who are losing their homes to have places to live.  We can't do much to make those happen, but we can do something.  So I have told her and my kids that all I want is for them to make donations of whatever size they can afford to a foodbank, or the Salvation Army, or an animal shelter.  Those will give me some of what I really need and want.  

And, of course, two chicks at once.  Y'all don't tell my wife about that one, ok?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.
If I had two wishes that I could wish for this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace.. and the second would be for $30 million a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, CHIEF said:

I've been blessed. My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her two things. I have a sub, Arturo, that owes me about $6k, he is always struggling. 

Anybody else in the same boat?

CHIEF

Oh, and two chicks at one time.

I would never lend money to my sub. Although, it DOES put them more under my thumb. And the fact that you gave it a name is strange. 

Plus, it’s difficult for it to earn money when it spends most of its time locked in a box in my loft. 

1 hour ago, After irth said:

I would never lend money to my sub. Although, it DOES put them more under my thumb. And the fact that you gave it a name is strange. 

Plus, it’s difficult for it to earn money when it spends most of its time locked in a box in my loft. 

He did a $20k concrete job for me and said just to pay the guys their day rate, and pay for the concrete. I got out for less than $10k. I feel like I took advantage, one of the reasons I want to help him so much. He is always doing nice things. Last year, for Christmas, he gave me a quilt that his MIL had quilted. It had won several Grand Championships at quilting shows. No idea what it is worth, but I assume it's probably four figures. It's a mutually beneficial relationship, and I am lucky to have him as a friend.

CHIEF

Don't need anything, on the want list is a e-bike - - but there are a shit-ton of them and I don't have the time to figure out which one.

Y'all are crazy fucks for this 2 chick bullshit - like I need one more person in my life that I need tot try to keep happy.
Unless you are talking about professionals, who you pay so that they will leave.  

And we are giving away Christmas wishes to Rauol, Lupe, and Chang

Spoiler

Edited by Wally Fairway

Ray Wylie Hubbard show front row seats and hear this song

When I was a young man
About 21 years old y'all
All I wanted was a stripper girlfriend
And a Gold Top Les Paul

Be careful of the things you wish for
You might get 'em

There was a night club in Dallas
Called Mother Blues
It's where Lightning Hopkins played
And Freddy King even payed some dues

All the dealers and gamblers
And young white hipsters, they all made the scene
The girl at the door who checked ID's
Was just 16

Aw, it was not a place for law biding citizens
Jackie Jones he had 'em a habit, he just couldn't stop
Aaid give me 500 dollars
And I'll sell you my Les Paul God Top

I drove my daddy's car down to Ross Avenue
And I sold it
I guess I should have told him
He eluded to the police someone stole it

It was just the first of many bad decisions
I was to make for the next 20 years
Oh, but I had me a guitar

Everybody knows
That the real nightlife
Begins after the clubs close
What they call after hours

It's 2 a.m. and everybody's gone
But the band, the dealers and Jack Jones
And then the girls from the landing strip club come over
After they put their clothes back on

So I'm at Ma Blues and I'm sitting on an amp
I'm playing "Twist and Shout"
And this tall drink of water walks in
Like she might have to shoot her way out

She come up to me and she said
"You know anything good on that guitar?"
I didn't say nothing, I just kept on playing
She said, "Have you ever heard this song
Called Polk Salad Annie?" I just kept playing

She said, "Every time I hear that song
My insides feel like warm butter
And I just wanna take off my clothes
And dance around in my underwear"

I said, "Down in Louisiana
Where the alligator grow so mean"
That's all I knew of it and it was enough

So we hit it off, me and this dancer
We hit it off like a metaphor
Like a metaphor for a hydrogen bomb
We was enriched uranium, super critical mass
We was a chain reaction, it was love and lust
Aw, mostly lust but a mutual attraction

So there I was boys at 21 years old, I had it all
I had a fine stripper girlfriend and a Gold Top Les Paul
Aw, the future, it looked promising
Oh but there were dark clouds on the horizon

She was a beautiful girl
But she liked to drink Tequila and that ain't all
I come home 4 or 5 times
And she pawned my Les Paul

We broke up and she went to Hollywood
She married an actor

She got a job dancing on the Hudson Brothers TV show
And modern lipstick from Max Factor
I got over her, I'm glad she done alright
I'm glad she done alright, oh yes, I am

Well now me, I never busted through the gates
Into the big time as a rock and roll star
For 40 years I just carried around an old Gold Top guitar

But love and fate are mysterious things
In this funky old world
It was 20 years ago I ended up marrying
That Mother Blues door girl

We had us a boy, he's 18 years old now, he's playing guitar
He ended up with that Les Paul Gold Top, yes, he did
Now I don't know if he's gonna hang his life on it or not
But I'm very grateful for the time I get to share the stage with him

I'm grateful for the time I get to play with musicians
Like George Reiff and Rick Richards
I'm grateful that I get to write these old songs
And travel around the world and play them for people

And they come out and hear me play
And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/15/2020 at 12:57 PM, Wally Fairway said:

Don't need anything, on the want list is a e-bike - - but there are a shit-ton of them and I don't have the time to figure out which one.

Y'all are crazy fucks for this 2 chick bullshit - like I need one more person in my life that I need tot try to keep happy.
Unless you are talking about professionals, who you pay so that they will leave.  

And we are giving away Christmas wishes to Rauol, Lupe, and Chang

Hide contents

My Sondors is the bees knees 

*have done no research. Mine just works and has a long range. That’s what she said 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 4:52 PM, DougO said:

I Dont Believe You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You really need another guitar.

• Like 1