China Sucks

Hugo Stiglitz

59 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Whatever it was, our pilots likely needed an extra day to play a homoerotic game with balls before they could do it.  

"Guys, guys...I gotta get outta here.  Hot date with a sure thing blonde with a curvy ass!"

"No way, bro.  This is way more important.  We didn't become Naval Aviators to bang hot ass.  We're playing, non-rally style.  You can compulsively check your watch if you want to, but lose that shirt.  A completely meaningless game with no money on the line and nobody watching is far more important than chasing tail...that thing we do almost all the time in the Navy."  

"Okay, I realize this match is just a proxy for our competitive nature but there's literally a scoreboard at Miramar that shows us where we stand in relation to one another.  She said she's into anal!"

"No way Mav!  Lose the shirt!"  

Sorry, what were we talking about, China?  Michael Ironsides would have shot that balloon down with just guns, no missiles.  Never lose that dogfighter edge! 

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The awesome thing will be the balloon silhouette the pilot is going to have painted below his jet’s canopy.

I'd love to see that bird an air show one day years from now after it's been decommissioned.  I won't remember this day decades from now, but suddenly this lightbulb will go off, 

"Dad, what are those stamps on the side?"
"Oh, those are confirmed enemy aircraft kills in flight.  See thats a MiG29, another Mig29, a JH-7 probably over Taiwan, another Mig29, and what the......a hot air balloon?"  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

1. Seems like it should have been knocked down in Alaska.

2. You know that pilot that shot it was have so much fucking fun. Go blow shit up without worrying about it shooting back.

Ehh, his squadron mates are going to give him endless crap. Even if they used a C-130. This could earn him/her a new callsign and it isn't going to be "Maverick" or "Ice Man". Something more along the lines of "Clown" or "Mr. Fredrickson".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Ehh, his squadron mates are going to give him endless crap. Even if they used a C-130. This could earn him/her a new callsign and it isn't going to be "Maverick" or "Ice Man". Something more along the lines of "Clown" or "Mr. Fredrickson".

Something about popping his balloon and making that poor little Chinese kid cry.  

Considering how many dipshits went outside to try to shoot this thing, I'm fucking glad they don't tell us about every single thing that accidentally or cloak style flies into/near our airspace...especially Alaska.  Holy fucking shit, there'd be a "sky Shootin' party" every fucking month in this country and many accidentally killed.  

my grandfather told me in WWII during naval exercises, his Frigate on two occasions confirmed two U-Boat sightings off the coast of Florida.  They didn't approach nor fire, probably just seeing if they could make it that far...and they got within periscope sighting of the U.S. Mainland.  Or they were looking for a way to get to Brazil/Argentine just in case.  Anyway, the fleet commander ordered a lid on it.  For many obvious reasons (mass panic being chief among them).  But they also didn't want Floridians taking their fishing and sailboats out there to start dropping grenades 'n shit.  

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/f-22-shoots-down-chinese-spy-balloon-off-carolinas-with-missile

Senior U.S. military and defense officials shared the following information about the shootdown in a subsequent press briefing on Saturday afternoon:

• An F-22 Raptor from the 1st Fighter Wing at Langley Air Force Base fired a single AIM-9X Sidewinder missile that downed the balloon from an altitude of 58,000 feet. The balloon was as high as 65,000 feet.
  • The shootdown occurred at the first available opportunity to do so without threat to those on the ground.
  • The U.S. took steps to stop and mitigate the balloon's collection, neutralizing its intelligence value and preventing it from sending data back to China as it passed over sensitive sites.
  • There were three previously undisclosed intrusions by Chinese surveillance into U.S. airspace, but never of this duration. Two of these incursions came during the President Donald Trump administration, with the third early in the Biden administration. The Chinese explanation for this balloon's flight lacked credibility.
  • The balloon entered the Alaska Joint Operation Area on January 27, Canadian airspace on January 30, and the continental U.S. over northern Idaho on January 31.
  • This is not the only surveillance balloon operating in the western hemisphere, with another operating over south and Central America as part of a fleet at the People's Liberation Army's direction across five continents.
  • What was an air operation to shoot the balloon down is now a recovery operation in conjunction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation on the debris' chain of custody.
  • Debris from the balloon fell in only 47 feet of water, much shallower than expected. There are multiple Navy and Coast Guard vessels in the area but no timeline for recovery from a debris field spanning seven mile
  • Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, Zeus said:

1675549142956898-pol.png

Fuckin Brandon didn’t share sensitive military intelligence with the American public for an entire week??   How the hell is this country gonna stay safe if Bobbie Joe and Kaitlyn aren’t privy to the daily Presidential Intelligence Briefings before their Walmart runs??

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Fuckin Brandon didn’t share sensitive military intelligence with the American public for an entire week??   How the hell is this country gonna stay safe if Bobbie Joe and Kaitlyn aren’t privy to the daily Presidential Intelligence Briefings before their Walmart runs??

25 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I heard it was on a Zoom call on Hunter Biden's laptop!!!!

Shot down over Myrtle Beach.  Here's a photo of the pilot:

402f176f0eec13658279e05f61122a56f0-16-ea

It's Bloomberg...

But maybe the best move was to jam it, let it flyover and do whatever, then shoot it down and study what the fuck it was doing.

1675549075958022-pol.jpg

11 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The U.S. took steps to stop and mitigate the balloon's collection, neutralizing its intelligence value and preventing it from sending data back to China as it passed over sensitive sites.

How did we do this?

Jam it like in Spaceballs?

Pretty sure Kenny’s comeback to the Show included a stint at a minor league club in Myrtle Beach where the balloon was shot down. Either way, I repped it. 
or i could also see Kenny blowing rails and telling whoever is standing there, “man, I could knock that Chinese bitch outta the sky now that I got my pitch back.  No doubt.  Right Stevie?  Alright, lemme see that straw.”

<sigh> It’s all so tedious and predictable. I know that politicians from both parties go on the Sunday talk shows to tout the party line. But the Republicans are just so devoted to spinning pure bullshit. Little Marco Rubio was just on This Week and he was claiming that we know China’s intent for sending this balloon over just prior to Blinken’s visit. They knew the U.S. would see it and have to publicize it and shoot it down, preferably sooner than we did. (Of course he had to get that little dig in.) The reason, you see, is to promote the idea that we are a fading former superpower and we can’t even respond adequately to a Chinese balloon. So you in, say, Indochina can’t rely on the U.S. in a crisis. They’re weak and aren’t a reliable partner.

Hey dumbfuck, I’ve got a one word response to that suggestion, one that everyone in the world is watching: UKRAINE.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Considering how many dipshits went outside to try to shoot this thing, I'm fucking glad they don't tell us about every single thing that accidentally or cloak style flies into/near our airspace...especially Alaska.  Holy fucking shit, there'd be a "sky Shootin' party" every fucking month in this country and many accidentally killed.  

my grandfather told me in WWII during naval exercises, his Frigate on two occasions confirmed two U-Boat sightings off the coast of Florida.  They didn't approach nor fire, probably just seeing if they could make it that far...and they got within periscope sighting of the U.S. Mainland.  Or they were looking for a way to get to Brazil/Argentine just in case.  Anyway, the fleet commander ordered a lid on it.  For many obvious reasons (mass panic being chief among them).  But they also didn't want Floridians taking their fishing and sailboats out there to start dropping grenades 'n shit.  

H2mR.gif

14 hours ago, Zeus said:

It's Bloomberg...

But maybe the best move was to jam it, let it flyover and do whatever, then shoot it down and study what the fuck it was doing.

1675549075958022-pol.jpg

Black pilot? The Republicans are really gonna be pissed, now.

• Haha 1

Not sure fully but I believe those 3 were only over Hawaii. Probably test runs.

Edit: appears I was wrong. One went over Florida and Texas during the Trump years. Courtesy of none other than the Trump News Network

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chinese-spy-balloon-crashed-off-coast-of-hawaii-4-months-ago

Fox News has also learned at least one Chinese spy balloon flew over portions of Texas and Florida during the Trump administration, despite the former president's insistence it never happened.

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

When you catch someone in a lie, you let it keep going and collect your info. Pretty elementary stuff

It really is. We see you there….we now get to watch you and examine your capabilities and actions at our leisure. Then, we get to pop your balloon and examine all your shit up close.
They weren’t actively attacking us, so they just flew over with their fly open. Check out their tiny dick and make notes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Something below most people's radar, but an issue.  Chinese nationals have been flooding the US IP system (trademarks and design patents especially) with flimsy filings.

For trademarks, in the US you have to actually be using a trademark, selling goods bearing the trademark in the US, in order to validly register.  It is easy enough to lie about the use.  Chinese have filed so many trademarks, often "represented" by a non-lawyer Chinese "domestic representative" not subject to discipline, that the USPTO has imposed all kinds of restrictions designed to verify that any representative is a licensed US attorney.  Many or most of these filings are not for marks ever used in the US, so invalid ab initio.

There have been some similar problems, apparently, with design patent (the ones that are drawings-only and cover only the appearance of a product.https://patentlyo.com/patent/2023/04/importance-diligence-practitioners.html

In theory, at least, like the worst kind of patent troll, these Chinese entities could sue domestic entities for trademark or design patent infringement and it would be quite costly, especially in aggregate, to defend.  I don't see any evidence of that happening, but why all the filings if that's not the plan?

I'm not sure this stuff burdens US commerce much with actual lawsuits (the natural result of registrations and design patents), but it is certainly a burden on the USPTO, at minimum.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Something below most people's radar, but an issue.  Chinese nationals have been flooding the US IP system (trademarks and design patents especially) with flimsy filings.

For trademarks, in the US you have to actually be using a trademark, selling goods bearing the trademark in the US, in order to validly register.  It is easy enough to lie about the use.  Chinese have filed so many trademarks, often "represented" by a non-lawyer Chinese "domestic representative" not subject to discipline, that the USPTO has imposed all kinds of restrictions designed to verify that any representative is a licensed US attorney.  Many or most of these filings are not for marks ever used in the US, so invalid ab initio.

There have been some similar problems, apparently, with design patent (the ones that are drawings-only and cover only the appearance of a product.https://patentlyo.com/patent/2023/04/importance-diligence-practitioners.html

In theory, at least, like the worst kind of patent troll, these Chinese entities could sue domestic entities for trademark or design patent infringement and it would be quite costly, especially in aggregate, to defend.  I don't see any evidence of that happening, but why all the filings if that's not the plan?

I'm not sure this stuff burdens US commerce much with actual lawsuits (the natural result of registrations and design patents), but it is certainly a burden on the USPTO, at minimum.

China is if anything more effective than Russia at weaponizing western rule of law against itself. 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't see any evidence of that happening, but why all the filings if that's not the plan?

I read an article a while back talking about how even if we move our manufacturing to Vietnam, India, or even bring it back here to the US (or Mexico, Brazil, etc.), the Chinese will still try to have a hand in it in some way. Several reasons given for why, but basically came down to money and fear of missing out.  Wonder if the filings are a part of trying to have a finger in every pie or something.