Christmas loot

Superhero

Premature thread, but when I'm excited, it's hard to hold it in, and I want to share it into your eyeballs.

Share the loot you got, or are getting from yourself, spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, family, friends, clients and side pieces.

Got this from one of my subcontractors this morning.

IMG_2843.jpg.a8bdff1257a975804baa26f3e3da97b6.jpg

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

Premature thread, but when I'm excited, it's hard to hold it in, and I want to share it into your eyeballs.

Share the loot you got, or are getting from yourself, spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, family, friends, clients and side pieces.

I think you're overpaying your subs, or they bought you that out of guilt for doing a shitty job that you're gonna have to answer for down the road.  Or maybe you're just beloved...or a woman.  In either case, cheers!  

Wife and I are exchanging new yardwork gloves again this year, true story.  And that's about it.  /typicalLobohumblebrag 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I think you're overpaying your subs, or they bought you that out of guilt for doing a shitty job that you're gonna have to answer for down the road.  Or maybe you're just beloved...or a woman.  In either case, cheers!  

Wife and I are exchanging new yardwork gloves again this year and probably gum, true story.  And that's about it.  /typicalLobohumblebrag 

15 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Wife bought me a house, and I bought her a full renovation

HA! Sounds like my situation. I found a house with a five car garage, single brick garage for the riding lawnmower, and an insulated 20' x 30' metal building. The wife is having several projects happening inside.

On 12/16/2020 at 4:56 PM, Lobo said:

Wife and I are exchanging new yardwork gloves again this year, true story.  And that's about it.  /typicalLobohumblebrag 

We haven't awarded the sub any work in a long time. Maybe he's just guilting us into giving him a job.

The wife, God love her, blows at gifts of all kinds. So I picked out and buy all my present and she wraps them up and puts them under the tree for me. Occasionally, she’ll try and find something but always attaches a gift receipt because... she knows. 

No one is bad at gifts. She doesn’t care.

Kids got all kids of LEGOs, shoes, Pokémon cards and toys, dolls, board games, and other cool stuff. Their mom, aunts, uncles and family friends totally spoil them. 

But the initial high has worn off and now they’re just watching TV. Next year I’m just gonna get them a TV. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I got a lot of the usual stuff this year. Chain mail. A Gila monster. Shares in a sulfur mine. But my favorites were a homemade water color card from my daughter telling me how much she loves laughing and talking soccer with me, a book on the psychology of authoritarianism from my son, and a gift card to my favorite book store from the wife.

The older I get, the more joy I find in the pure thoughtfulness behind gift giving. “It’s the thought that counts” used to seem like a joke, but is in fact profoundly true. The real value of a gift is confirming that the giver knows you so well and cares enough about you to put in the time to find just the right thing for you. Without the thought, a gift would just be some trinket that cost more than you were personally willing to spend on it.

Oh. I also got some socks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 12/16/2020 at 4:30 PM, Superhero said:

Big shot? 

Mom, got me guitar racks to mount on the walls in my office/music room, which is good, cause I'm having to store about 3 of them in the cases under various beds in the house. Got three long sleeve shirts to replace some of the ones that have grease and oil stains from wrenching and BBQing.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Mom, got me guitar racks to mount on the walls in my office/music room, which is good, cause I'm having to store about 3 of them in the cases under various beds in the house. Got three long sleeve shirts to replace some of the ones that have grease and oil stains from wrenching and BBQing.

CHIEF

Pix of guitars?

Yeah, this is a Bill 'n Ted situation.  I can see his 10YO grandson walking into his social studies class needing an A on the history presentation to get advanced to the next grade level.

"Ms. Harris.  My grandfather knew Sam Houston.  My grandfather served with Sam Houston."   The kid chugs that can of Local Lager, throws it at the class pet.  

"And Ms. Harris, you are no Sam Houston!"  And he storms out to a standing ovation.