Formula 1 2021

wood

Just ... wow. Must be nice to not have to build your own car. Nice livery tho. But it would have been better with the originally planned fluorescent yellow stripe rather than the pink.

Edited by wood

Dang... that's.... similar.

I bet Seb will be more competitive in this car than he was in the Ferrari, sadly.

Anyway, glad to see all that pink go away.  I'll be really interested to see what that green looks like in daylight.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wood said:

Just ... wow. Must be nice to not have to build your own car. Nice livery tho. But it would have been better with the originally planned fluorescent yellow stripe rather than the pink.

I don’t mind the pink accent as an homage to Racing Point 

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I don’t mind the pink accent as an homage to Racing Point 

I used to be an FI fan, and RP less so, but at this point, fuck anyone associated with that traveshamockery.

Edited by wood

That does look nice. I hope it's worthy of Fernando's return.

I just hope it's a tighter championship this year. Damn near a decade of Merc dominance is so tiring. But I keep coming back. Let's go Max (or anyone else that can take it to Mercedes).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I hope he has a terrific season.

Oh yeah, not wishing anything against Seb.  As a Ferrari fan, I'm sad that he struggled so much and would have loved to see him be more successful. I wish he'd had a car that could have helped him.

That Haas is looking pretty boring per usual. I see so many cool concept liveries on Instagram or Reddit that would look better than the basic shit some of these teams end up running. Looking at Haas and Williams post Martini in particular. I guess when you have no sponsors it's tough to come up with something interesting.

1 hour ago, faps said:

That Haas is looking pretty boring per usual. I see so many cool concept liveries on Instagram or Reddit that would look better than the basic shit some of these teams end up running. Looking at Haas and Williams post Martini in particular. I guess when you have no sponsors it's tough to come up with something interesting.

Yeah, some of the design guys on the internet do amazing liveries. I think Sean Bull was in on the Alpine livery, but for the most part, the people designing liveries in F1 (really it's the sponsors, mostly) just absolutely suck at it. Re: coming up with something without sponsors, I think it depends on the team's approach. Some teams, like Williams and Haas for example, just treat their car like a blank canvas for the sponsors. Others have a team brand identity that they want to consistently put out there, and then add sponsor logos on top of that (Ferrari, Red Bull, Merc, McLaren).

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

7F1E9181-9158-4930-80B3-8C16312BFDDF.jpeg

08B834D7-C39E-4866-9E33-458E051F177C.jpeg

28072BFD-15EB-4027-9619-6B7E76BF7E2F.jpeg

270508C9-2E7D-40B1-9776-79921ECB107C.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

Well ... uh... ok... Nothing like draping yourself in the Russian National Flag I suppose.

image.thumb.png.02c2f97b763872f58e937073896b8c97.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, wood said:

On an American team's car. Well done, Haas...

Yep.

49 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah, a couple decades probably, for sure.

However, this is not a particularly beautiful car... ;)

171725_14f771f9477819b1.jpg

They were going to bring that back, sorta, but don’t have the money to do so. I don’t hate it because it can’t be compared to cars from today. It has to be compared to its contemporaries 

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

However, this is not a particularly beautiful car...

And I thought it looked bad...on the outside. -Han Solo maybe

AstonMartinLagonda-interior.thumb.jpg.5a0111be5e526ede0d796db6e009e432.jpg

also, sorry for the non F1 content. Back to F1 2021 now.

Edited by faps
  • Haha 2