Lurch’s Poker Grind

Lurch

Wait we had KK on this hand: Last hour, guy opens to $35. I make it $125 in SB and he shoves $450. I’ve not seen him before and give him benefit of doubt and fold. ?

No, QQ. Later in he hour, exact same position and villain, we play it the same w KK but call and lose to AJ.

Just the Notes app on my phone. I’ve experimented with capturing more detail (hands dealt count, position, bet sizing etc) but I too easily lose track of play by play of the next hand if I spend too much time with it.

It's been several years, but my main takeaway from the online stats I had were that I called pre flop too often. Calling is easy. Raising or folding is hard. I would make conscious efforts to not call, but after every session I would be shocked to see my call % was higher than where I wanted it. You mentioned this may have been an issue for you in some of your later sessions, and I can tell you from the stats that I really struggled with it. There was a pretty distinct correlation between my pre flop call % and my profits. 

• Like 1