Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

• 5 weeks later...

Fantastic fit. Rhule can continue to lose every big game he coaches at a school that cant stopping choking on dicks every time they take the field. Trev got a man that truly gets what it means to be a Husker

G Date School   Opponent Result Pts Opp
1 2-Sep-17 Baylor   Liberty L 45 48
2 9-Sep-17 Baylor   UTSA L 10 17
3 16-Sep-17 Baylor @ Duke L 20 34
4 23-Sep-17 Baylor   (3) Oklahoma L 41 49
5 30-Sep-17 Baylor @ Kansas State L 20 33
6 14-Oct-17 Baylor @ (14) Oklahoma State L 16 59
7 21-Oct-17 Baylor   (23) West Virginia L 36 38
8 28-Oct-17 Baylor   Texas L 7 38
9 4-Nov-17 Baylor @ Kansas W 38 9
10 11-Nov-17 Baylor N Texas Tech L 24 38
11 18-Nov-17 Baylor   Iowa State L 13 23
12 24-Nov-17 Baylor @ (10) Texas Christian L 22 45
1 1-Sep-18 Baylor   Abilene Christian W 55 27
2 8-Sep-18 Baylor @ UTSA W 37 20
3 15-Sep-18 Baylor   Duke L 27 40
4 22-Sep-18 Baylor   Kansas W 26 7
5 29-Sep-18 Baylor @ (6) Oklahoma L 33 66
6 6-Oct-18 Baylor   Kansas State W 37 34
7 13-Oct-18 Baylor @ (9) Texas L 17 23
8 25-Oct-18 Baylor @ (13) West Virginia L 14 58
9 3-Nov-18 Baylor   Oklahoma State W 35 31
10 10-Nov-18 Baylor @ (23) Iowa State L 14 28
11 17-Nov-18 Baylor   Texas Christian L 9 16
12 24-Nov-18 Baylor N Texas Tech W 35 24
13 27-Dec-18 Baylor N Vanderbilt W 45 38
1 31-Aug-19 Baylor   Stephen F. Austin W 56 17
2 7-Sep-19 Baylor   UTSA W 63 14
3 21-Sep-19 Baylor @ Rice W 21 13
4 28-Sep-19 Baylor   Iowa State W 23 21
5 5-Oct-19 Baylor @ Kansas State W 31 12
6 12-Oct-19 (22) Baylor   Texas Tech W 33 30
7 19-Oct-19 (18) Baylor @ Oklahoma State W 45 27
8 31-Oct-19 (12) Baylor   West Virginia W 17 14
9 9-Nov-19 (11) Baylor @ Texas Christian W 29 23
10 16-Nov-19 (12) Baylor   (10) Oklahoma L 31 34
11 23-Nov-19 (13) Baylor   Texas W 24 10
12 30-Nov-19 (11) Baylor @ Kansas W 61 6
13 7-Dec-19 (8) Baylor N (6) Oklahoma L 23 30
14 1-Jan-20 (8) Baylor N (5) Georgia L 14 26
Edited by Blotto

54 minutes ago, redswingline said:

The hire only matters if his DC snow goes with him

Fyi:  Snow is available

On January 20, 2020, Phil Snow was hired by the Carolina Panthers as their defensive coordinator, reuniting with head coach Matt Rhule.  On October 10, 2022, Snow was let go after the firing of Rhule

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After TCU went to the College Football Playoff in their first year with a new head coach in charge. Now every team with a losing record and a new coach thinks that they are bound for the playoffs or at least a conference championship next season. With the portal and nil money and recruits coming in, who can possible argue against this.

• 2 months later...

My son took an unofficial visit to Nebraska last weekend. What they are building and doing there is very impressive. I think they hired the right coach. He was very pleasant to be around and seems to have them pointed in the right direction. Curious to see what happens there. 

My son took an unofficial visit to Nebraska last weekend. What they are building and doing there is very impressive. I think they hired the right coach. He was very pleasant to be around and seems to have them pointed in the right direction. Curious to see what happens there. 

Really? They do put on a good show though.

Hook’em!!!
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Nebraska makes a sudden staff change

Tight ends coach Bob Wager has resigned.

ZACH BARNETT        3 HOURS AGO

Nebraska tight ends coach Bob Wager has resigned his position, effective immediately, the program announced Friday.

“It is with great remorse that I resign from my position as assistant football coach at the University of Nebraska,” Wager said in a statement. “Earlier this week I received a citation for a driving offense that I regret immensely. I am grateful for the opportunity extended to me, and sincerely sorry for any negativity my poor decision has brought to my family, our team, our staff, and all those that I have disappointed.”

Wager joined Matt Rhule's staff from Arlington Martin High School, near Dallas. He was expected to be a major player in the new staff's recruiting efforts in Texas, while also assisting revitalize Nebraska's offense on the field.

With the move, Josh Martin has been elevated to tight ends coach. He joined the staff earlier this year as a special teams analyst and has previously coached tight ends at SMU and Arizona State.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got some family in Neb, wouldn't break my heart to see the Huskers do some good in the B1G. Rhule has had bad Year 1 teams at Temple and Baylor, meaty ochre ones Year 2, and damned good ones Year 3, so it might be a while before things trend upward. On the other hand, Neb seems to have better personnel and recruiting than the others, so maybe they'll be decent from the get-go. Another few weeks and we'll start to find out.

On 8/1/2023 at 5:51 PM, Tex Long said:

Got some family in Neb, wouldn't break my heart to see the Huskers do some good in the B1G. Rhule has had bad Year 1 teams at Temple and Baylor, meaty ochre ones Year 2, and damned good ones Year 3, so it might be a while before things trend upward. On the other hand, Neb seems to have better personnel and recruiting than the others, so maybe they'll be decent from the get-go. Another few weeks and we'll start to find out.

Yeah, I think CORN will be decent this year. 

Frost did the least with some good players, so only 4 wins in 2022.

Won't be surprised to see CORN win 6+ games this year

Screenshot_20230803-211044_kindlephoto-10469274.png.804830b69551525ff613b04ff8fdbf3e.png

• 4 weeks later...

Nebraska's Arik Gilbert arrested during eligibility wait

Adam Rittenberg, ESPN      Aug 29, 2023

Nebraska tight end Arik Gilbert, a former five-star recruit awaiting an eligibility ruling from the NCAA, was arrested early Tuesday on suspicion of burglary in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Gilbert was arrested without incident while carrying a bag out of a liquor and vape store, according to a statement from the Lincoln Police Department.

Police had been dispatched just before 2 a.m. after a report of a burglary, and found the glass door to the store shattered. Gilbert, 21, was found with more than $1,600 worth of stolen items, including vape products, the police statement said. The damage to the store is estimated at $650.

He was booked in the Lancaster County jail on a burglary charge, which is a felony in Nebraska.

Nebraska coach Matt Rhule told reporters Tuesday that, upon learning of the arrest, he was "obviously really disappointed, really sad" for Gilbert.

Rhule is not immediately sure how Gilbert's arrest will impact his status with the team going forward.

"I'm not prepared to speak on that," Rhule said. "I don't know anything about it, I really just got that phone call and I'm not going to jump to conclusions about things."

Gilbert, ranked as ESPN's No. 6 overall recruit in the 2020 class, began his career at LSU and had 35 receptions for 368 yards as a true freshman. He initially elected to transfer to Florida after the season but then ended up selecting Georgia.

Gilbert was not with the Bulldogs much in 2021 because of personal issues, and he recorded only two receptions in three games last season.

In January, he elected to transfer to Nebraska. Since Gilbert has already used his one-time transfer exemption, he needs a waiver from the NCAA to be eligible this season.

Rhule had hoped to get a decision before Thursday's season opener at Minnesota, but he said Tuesday that Gilbert, who had been working with the scout team, would not have traveled.