New Mobile App Live! Uninstall Tapatalk.

immamac

Hey Surly,

We have a native mobile app available now, you can install it quickly and easily from accessing the site on any ios or android device and you will get prompted to install the application.

If you want to be proactive or do some more research feel free to look at the app store links here:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/bzsWOXFO - apple app store

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.invisioncommunity.communities - google play store

Please give me any feedback if you install the app and enjoy the native ios and android experience!

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, EE2B

I’m using it now and when I select unread content, the thread shows up but nothing ever populates underneath it. Am I just not giving it long enough? IOS 14.2

That should say the top thread shows up but none of the others ever populate below it. Also, is there no edit function of a post?

34 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It looks good but too bare bones at this point. One of the 1st things that needs to be added is the ability to open  a thread at either last post or last unread post when using the all topics mode. 

On android there are settings for both of those options.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah I'm working with them in the beta program the more feedback we can give the better. I would like to see a dark theme. 

Next to the quote option you have the rep option but it doesn't correctly display the "Hook 'em" so it looks weird but if you tap it you have all rep options instead of tapatalk default of like.

I'm working with them why the activity feed doesn't work properly. The biggest advantage so far I can tell with the app is the push notifications for your notifications. You also can select push for only DMs and stuff like that. 

I took a screenshot and it prompted me for feedback - will you get that feedback?

This pager bar slider is hard for very long threads, and it isn’t obvious if there’s an easier way to skip to the end of the thread, and I’m getting this pop up tooltip guy every time I scroll fiftyish posts

D3E08ECF-FDAE-438A-8227-47B3878F2275.jpeg

Downloaded the app.  Found Surly.  Signed in.  All I have is  a white screen with no way to back out.  Choosing the phone back button only removes the white screen, does not close app. 

My smart phone techno skills are pretty fundamental.  So fundamental I broke this already.

That's my feedback.  

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No reason to use this or tapa IMO. Site renders and looks fine on mobile browser. 

I have spoken. 

This is how I Surly. But it’s all fucked up for me now and has been for about 48 hours. I can’t get into any subforums - either from the home page or directly. I can click on the last thread that shows under each forum on the home page, but nothing else.  Just a blank white page.

Anyone else having similar issues? 

43 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Downloaded the app.  Found Surly.  Signed in.  All I have is  a white screen with no way to back out.  Choosing the phone back button only removes the white screen, does not close app. 

My smart phone techno skills are pretty fundamental.  So fundamental I broke this already.

That's my feedback.  

That happened to me initially after I first signed in. I used my app killing app to kill the surly app then reopened it. Worked after that.

16 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

This is how I Surly. But it’s all fucked up for me now and has been for about 48 hours. I can’t get into any subforums - either from the home page or directly. I can click on the last thread that shows under each forum on the home page, but nothing else.  Just a blank white page.

Anyone else having similar issues? 

blank white page? that's weird.

Can you go to futbol and toggle off expanded view? Some people were having issues with it borking the thread lists.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got to the "Content I follow" stream, but when I tap on "Past Hour" it doesn't give me additional time choices.

Every time I use the "Pager bar", it lets me know I can use the "Pager bar". I hit got it, scroll to a different post, and i get the helpful call out again.

The "Pager bar" system needs a "go to last", "go to last read", and "go to [open field]" options. on big threads, it's difficult to push it all the way to the end.  Read the thread and saw these same issues.

The pager bar needs some serious help, if you're trying to scroll quickly and accidently hit it, it takes you to a different page, it's frustrating. I was just casually scrolling through a thread, my thumb went a little low, and it took me straight to the middle of the thread. I think the idea is good, but poor execution.

Would be nice to merge streams... "Content I posted in" + "Content I follow"

The menu button on the top left shouldn't take you out of Surly. I tap it and it goes to the "My Communities" page. I get that other people may have multiple communities, but that button usually brings up a menu rather than taking an action.

I can't see "Defund Tom Herman" anywhere. Nice to have those.

Can't edit posts.

Edited by Masshole Horn
tried to edit in app

• immamac changed the title to New Mobile App Live! Uninstall Tapatalk.
  • 4 months later...

This is incredible. I can't believe I've missed it for this long. Tapa is terrible. I've put up with it for a while, but the new audio ads, with no obvious way to disable sound globally, for all ads, has pissed me off too much. No going back.