Arizona

Jerry Callo

The truth is there's not much to see and do in Phoenix. A lot of good golfing, if you do that. Old Scottsdale is fun, but doesn't take very long.  Dessert botanical garden in Phoenix. Native American museum in Phoenix. Boyce Arboretum near Surprise . Good hiking in the area, if you want that. Drive to Sedona. Eat at Pizzeria Bianco. It has wait times like Franklin's, but worth it. Best pizza I've ever had. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

The truth is there's not much to see and do in Phoenix. A lot of good golfing, if you do that. Old Scottsdale is fun, but doesn't take very long.  Dessert botanical garden in Phoenix. Native American museum in Phoenix. Boyce Arboretum near Surprise . Good hiking in the area, if you want that. Drive to Sedona. Eat at Pizzeria Bianco. It has wait times like Franklin's, but worth it. Best pizza I've ever had. 

Thanks.  Phoenix is for a soccer tournament.  One game a day, so we'll have some time to look around.  I think we'll hit Sedona on the way between Flagstaff and Phoenix.

19 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Leaving tomorrow for a week+ in Arizona.  Three nights at the Grand Canyon, one night in Flagstaff, and four nights in Phoenix.  Spending the night in Albuquerque tomorrow night, but won't much time to do anything there. 

Any must sees or must dos there or along the way?

turn around and go home you Superspreader

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Leaving tomorrow for a week+ in Arizona.  Three nights at the Grand Canyon, one night in Flagstaff, and four nights in Phoenix.  Spending the night in Albuquerque tomorrow night, but won't much time to do anything there. 

Wear a panty on your head.

20 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Dessert botanical garden in Phoenix. 

I recommend their Black Forest Cake.

Musical Instrument Museum in north PHX is consistently top rated as a place to visit and is a very cool experience if you're a music fan of any sort. Unlikely that they have any concerts during this time, but if so, their auditorium also is one of the best sounding rooms I've been in.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 1:04 PM, Jerry Callo said:

Zoo Lights at the Phoenix Zoo is kinda cool

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 7:59 PM, Jerry Callo said:

Thanks.  Phoenix is for a soccer tournament.  One game a day, so we'll have some time to look around.  I think we'll hit Sedona on the way between Flagstaff and Phoenix.

Montezuma Castle is a cool little stop on that drive between Phoenix and Sedona. 

• Like 1

We did Arizona a few years back for Spring Break with the kids.

Caught some spring training baseball in Phoenix or Scottsdale, which was fun. I couldn't believe how crowded it was.

Sedona is beautiful. We took an open air jeep tour that was cool. Pink jeeps or something like that. Might be too cold to do it this time of year.

Jerome is a neat diversion for awhile but there's not a ton to do there. Also checked out Montezuma Castle National Monument which was pretty cool as well but again, not a ton to do there.

We rode the train up and back to the Grand Canyon. That's a fun deal. They do a fake train robbery on the way back that is extremely cheesy. There's obviously a lot more to do up there, but since we were just going to spend one day, that was a good way to do it. 

https://www.thetrain.com/

22 hours ago, AustinMT said:

Perhaps there will be a girl in a flatbed Ford that will slow down to take a look at you

There has got to be someone or multiple someones in Winslow that rent flat bed Fords for this specific purpose.  If not, there should be.

Kiddos hiking the Blue Mesa trail.

b6b60c1f42ddf009a253c84716423d81.jpg
4272e29522eac9dbc67d5dc8e7f2c841.jpg

The thing that amazed me about the petrified wood - which is truly everywhere - is how it still looks like...wood. Like logs that just fell and broke.

e47a01dc82387fb325ddbd5a934a6c83.jpg

And after one episode of me tromping around and looking at more rocks, came back to see the wife waiting for me. Just seemed like a great image.

f3b45192110ce9c715f128952c5cec98.jpg