Do we have a tattoo thread?

ernest_t_bass

On 12/26/2020 at 7:01 PM, ernest_t_bass said:

Just got inked again.  4th spot.  It's been 15 years since my last one.  Anyone else like the ink?  I'll never get one that I cannot conceal.  

IMG_7834.jpg-2.thumb.jpeg.c02ea10b0abb29fc89efce41ec9f285c.jpeg

Gonna be tough to keep the ladies away from you with that masterpiece on your chest. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

May have it tattooed as a blue line type drawing or in sepia tone like a 15th century looking folio drawingMay have it tattooed as a blue line type drawing or in sepia tone like a 15th century looking folio drawing

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

8 hours into this last night. My grandfather on my dads side. He was with the Detroit police department. This is one of the last photos of him in the police building in March of 1980. Still some more time to put into it. It’s right inside bicep 

FDA822F5-214F-4C3C-A111-B39DCB9B356B.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, castolon said:

That's the face of a dude who has seen some shit. 

This is the EXACT reason I picked this photo. He has a lot of wisdom behind those eyes. He was tough as nails like my dad. He was stubborn like his youngest son and quite and reserved like his oldest son. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

I got these two within the last two years (1/yr). Plan on getting another this summer.

The "Swivel Knife" I got because I do leather work on the side and the artist that did it is a badass. Pricey, but his detail is just off the charts. As we say in the leather world, "Cheap work ain't good, and Good work ain't cheap." The "Tiger Sharks" or Calligraphy/Flourish tattoos were done because I love sharks, wanted a career in marine biology focused on shark reproduction (of which I had and there is zero money in), but mostly because I love the look of these tattoos. The swirling lines that get thicker and thinner as they go along is a really cool look/effect in producing an image. The Shark on the right had not been wiped yet so it looks grainy, but both now look like the Shark on the left.

Both were done by local Austin artists at:

Electric 13 Tattoo - Derek Martinez http://electric13tattoo.com/derek-martinez.php

All Saints - Austin Taylor https://www.allsaintstattoo.com/austintaylor  

Swivel Knife Tattoo_2.png

IMG_0847_M.jpg

Edited by Droopy

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 2:12 PM, Bogeywon said:

8 hours into this last night. My grandfather on my dads side. He was with the Detroit police department. This is one of the last photos of him in the police building in March of 1980. Still some more time to put into it. It’s right inside bicep 

FDA822F5-214F-4C3C-A111-B39DCB9B356B.jpeg

Bruce WIllis is your g-father!  Sweet....