Dallas Stars 2020-2021 season thread

Longboard Horn

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Gone to Montreal

Dang wish we could have brought him back.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Gives a roster slot to a younger guy. I'm fine with it

I'm mostly fine with it. Perry wasn't spectacular during the regular season, but much like that one year with Shawn Horcoff, he was an absolute beast in the playoffs and this team still needs that. Hopefully L'Espy, Camaano, or Robertson can step in and solidify a spot and Kivi continues his development. 

47 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Dang wish we could have brought him back.

I'm mostly fine with it. Perry wasn't spectacular during the regular season, but much like that one year with Shawn Horcoff, he was an absolute beast in the playoffs and this team still needs that. Hopefully L'Espy, Camaano, or Robertson can step in and solidify a spot and Kivi continues his development. 

What I liked about Perry in the Stanley Cup finals was that he acted as if he had been there before(which he had; won the 2006 cup with the Ducks) 

6 hours ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

5,000 fans a game in Big D. Who's going? Curious about ticket prices. 

I will probably try to get a ticket to that first home game but not if the demand causes them to skyrocket. I am more than happy to watch on my couch with some takeout. The cost just isnt worth it these days and hockey is the one sport I can walk to, get a cheap ticket, and walk back home. If they fuck with that I am out. 

On 12/29/2020 at 7:19 AM, TechTech said:

I will probably try to get a ticket to that first home game but not if the demand causes them to skyrocket. I am more than happy to watch on my couch with some takeout. The cost just isnt worth it these days and hockey is the one sport I can walk to, get a cheap ticket, and walk back home. If they fuck with that I am out. 

Dude... only 5,000 tickets, home opener coming off of a Cup appearance. You better be ready to break the bank. 

So I'm assuming there will probably be no single-game tickets sold this year?  Since only 5000 sold per game, I'm guessing those will all be season ticket holders so my only chance will be on the secondary market?  With the first home game only 2 weeks away you think the team would release some info and/or the actual tickets.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/29/2020 at 1:12 AM, Sweetnsourpoke said:

5,000 fans a game in Big D. Who's going? Curious about ticket prices. 

On 12/29/2020 at 7:19 AM, TechTech said:

What sucks is I think tickets are going to the season ticket holders. Hoping that's not true. 

For those unaware, no games this week. 

The Dallas Stars will resume practicing on Tuesday, four days after six players and two staff members tested positive for COVID-19.

Dallas had its first three games -- at Florida on Thursday and Friday, and at Tampa Bay on Sunday -- postponed. The defending Western Conference champions are now tentatively set to open at the Lightning on Jan. 19 in a Stanley Cup Final rematch.

Dallas players and staff have been self-isolating and the team's training facilities were closed since Friday amid contact tracing.

On a video call with the media Monday, deputy commissioner Bill Daly said that the league is "still trying to get our arms around how the spread occurred" among the Stars. He said the Stars will be able to play when they can put a competitive team on the ice "without jeopardizing the health and safety of players."

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

It's also on ESPN+, but no clue how their blackout restrictions work. I've never needed it for Stars. 

i'm guessing it's the standard local blackout rule and we're gonna get fucked.  hell, i tried to watch an FC Dallas game on ESPN+ but it was blacked out because the game was on FSSW, which i don't get on YouTubeTV.  i'm sure the NHL will do the same thing.

looks like i'll need to get one of those VPN programs so it looks like i'm in Florida or some shit.