Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not readying all of his blurbs, but surprised that 3 of the top 5 guys are perceived Texas leans, regardless of order, and an OU commit. If we land 6 of the top 12, or 7 of the top 14, are they going to say we got our ass whipped in Texas again?

We landed 11 of the top 15 in-state in 2018 and they tried to claim they beat us in-state that year. 

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

We landed 11 of the top 15 in-state in 2018 and they tried to claim they beat us in-state that year. 

That is so absurd that I refuse to believe that, even from them. That's some Luke Skywalker, That's Not True, That's Impossible shit in regards to disbelief. You're going to have to provide screenshots. For science.

Then again, I mean, Vader was Luke's father, and we are their Daddy, so I mean, I guess in that regard it works. But that's fucking impossible to believe. 

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That is so absurd that I refuse to believe that, even from them. That's some Luke Skywalker, That's Not True, That's Impossible shit in regards to disbelief. You're going to have to provide screenshots. For science.

Then again, I mean, Vader was Luke's father, and we are their Daddy, so I mean, I guess in that regard it works. But that's fucking impossible to believe. 

They claimed their class with glass knees, Bobby “I try 1 out of every 10 plays” Brown, and Kardell Thomas lite (oxymoron, I know) was better in the trenches and therefore better overall.

Oh and they got the best safety in the state that year. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

How did Evans lead North Shore to a mythical title?

They did split (with Mater Dei), the overall national champion title, which often gets called that. He probably just fucked up reaching for a synonym for "important", though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Football_National_Championship

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

This is horribad and makes me so thankful for the Longhorn media staff and the incredible job they do ... 

So I went to Aggy247 to see if they had any cringeyness... 

They fucking love it. 

giphy.gif

Wonder if it's going to get awkward when the rest of the bread that is their 2020 commit list on the OL doesn't get one. 

30 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

"Looks spelled correctly to me."--Every aggy ever.

Back in the day, I had a former aggy as a Junior High and then HS football coach (he moved to 9th grade when our class did). I remember him telling us that we were "atheletes," which meant we had to be elite because we were "atheletes."

Ummm...no.

Evans is like the anti-Demas, Evans is smart and knows his value and isn't going to fall for all the bullshit aggy love to talk about like the network, SEC SEC, kyle field and crap.  Ultimately it's bama, UGA, and LSU who have a history of putting running backs in the NFL we have to worry about.

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

Evans is like the anti-Demas, Evans is smart and knows his value and isn't going to fall for all the bullshit aggy love to talk about like the network, SEC SEC, kyle field and crap.  Ultimately it's bama, UGA, and LSU who have a history of putting running backs in the NFL we have to worry about.

I’d add Clemson to that list, even though he skipped visiting them this weekend.

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

Dabo doesn't seem to really leave the FL, GA, Carolina area and he seems to avoid the larger national recruiting battles.

We could consult @Doc Sam Beckett, but I’m pretty sure Clemson is going after Evans and is in the top group of teams for him. Then again, knowing Clemson, they’ll probably land some other 5 star RB and back off.

I don’t think we have ever seen something like this, where aggy is so fucking butthurt over their perceived rankings slight (orchestrated by the sip media conspiracy), that they carry it over to the next recruiting cycle 12 months out from signing day. They so desperately want to be able to bleat about having the top player in Texas committed, that they will burn down another elite recruit in the process. And they wonder why they can’t have nice things...

I realize it is highly unlikely, but a Demond Delmas flip would absolutely destroy aggy even more that the Georgia game and the rankings adjustment did. It would be a supernova of aggy misery. It would be glorious.

2 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

I don’t think we have ever seen something like this, where aggy is so fucking butthurt over their perceived rankings slight (orchestrated by the sip media conspiracy), that they carry it over to the next recruiting cycle 12 months out from signing day. They so desperately want to be able to bleat about having the top player in Texas committed, that they will burn down another elite recruit in the process. And they wonder why they can’t have nice things...

I realize it is highly unlikely, but a Demond Delmas flip would absolutely destroy aggy even more that the Georgia game and the rankings adjustment did. It would be a supernova of aggy misery. It would be glorious.

Or.. lock up Garth, Lindberg, Broughton, Prince by the summer.  Then hang 40 on LSU in Austin.

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He got the best recruit in Ohio I think last year

Sure, but go look at Clemson's roster and compare it to Bama, UGA, and OSU and see the national vs regional recruiting, for example there is only 1 kid from Texas on Clemson's roster. Is Dabo recruiting Evans? Sure. They would be stupid not to, but like you said I don't think that Dabo is willing to go all the way to NSD for Evans I think he drops out early and gets another back before the season starts.

Edited by Not a Sock

2 hours ago, Sejjr said:

They just can't let it go.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-14-at-8-59-13-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-02-14-at-3-43-13-PM.png

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

They're completely broken

Shrug. They're attempting to adopt the Fake News model that is successfully working in many different societal groups at the moment. Honestly, I'm surprised it's taken them this long to outwardly embrace and vocalize what their internal group monologues have been telling them is the truth for years. It's not us...it's everyone ELSE. 

• Like 2