Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

aggy visitor list by texags for next Sunday.

Brauniger is saying Evans will be there and are expecting at least 3 commitments

Jason and I are still working on confirmations, but this is our early list. We will keep this thread pinned for additions and subtractions. 

Class of 2020

Ft Bend Kempner OL Akinola Ogunbiyi 

Ft Bend Hightower OL Smart Chibuzo 

The Woodlands College Park OL Josh Bankhead 

Navasota OL Jordan Jefferson 

Tomball WR Demond Demas 

Ft Bend Marshall QB Malik Hornsby 

Ft Bend Marshall ATH Devon Achane 

Stafford OLB Rob Wooten 

Ft Bend Austin WR Troy Omeire 

Newton DE James Sylvester 

CyRidge DE Vernon Broughton 

Cibolo Steele CB Jaylon Jones 

North Shore RB Zach Evans 

North Shore OL Damieon George 

North Shore LB Corey Flagg 

North Shore CB Joseph Wilson 

Trinity Christian CB Dwight McGlothern 

Shadow Creek S Xavion Alford 

Mansfield Timberview CB Jalen Kimber 

Dallas Carter DT Branard Wright 

Lancaster CB Lorando Johnson 

Little Elm CB Ryan Watts 

Cedar Hill ATH Quin Bright 

Weatherford QB Ken Seals 

West Mesquite RB Ty Jordan 

Bastrop Cedar Creek DE Alfred Collins 

Port Neches-Groves OL Jaylen Garth 

Arlington ATH Jahari Rogers 

Duncanville ATH Ja'Quinden Jackson 

Duncanville DB Chris Thompson 

Lewisville Hebron S Darius Snow 

Dickinson CB Donald Warnell 

Southlake Carroll DB RJ Mickens 

Denton Ryan ATH Drew Sanders (OU)

Dallas Jesuit ATH EJ Smith 

Cedar Hill OL Courtland Ford (LSU)

Ft Bend Bush OLB Kenneth Phillips 

A&M Consolidated WR Devin Price 

A&M Consolidated CB Nate Floyd 

Muscle Shoals (AL) LB Jackson Bratton (Alabama)

Baton Rouge (LA) DT Jaquelin Roy (LSU)

Mt Juliet (TN) OLB Reggie Grimes 

Class of 2021

Ft Bend Willowridge WR Latrell Neville 

Katy Taylor OL Bryce Foster 

Katy Taylor OL Hayden Conner 

Bellaire Episcopal OL Donovan Jackson 

Richmond Foster OL Reuben Fatheree 

Richmond Foster WR Cody Jackson 

Ft Bend Ridge Point WR John Paul Richardson 

Katy Tompkins DE Tunmise Adeleye 

Katy Tompkins QB Jalen Milroe 

Denton Braswell OL Erick Cade 

Dallas Kimball CB Ishmael Ibraheem 

Mesquite Horn LB Kendrick Blackshire 

North Shore QB Dematrius Davis 

North Shore ATH Shadrach Banks 

Pearland Dawson CB Blake Smith 

Clear Lake CB Mark Wilson 

Denton Ryan ATH Ja'tavion Sanders 

Cedar Hill QB Kaidon Salter 

Lancaster WR Ketron Jackson 

South Grand Prairie ATH Deamikkio Nathan 

CyFair RB LJ Johnson Jr 

Hutto OLB Landyn Watson 

Class of 2022

Lewisville WR Armani Winfield 

South Grand Prairie WR Savion Red 

Beaumont West Brook ATH Bryce Anderson 

Desoto RB Chris Henley

For anyone who is a bit ahead of the 2020 class (I'm familiar with most of the guys we look good with, and I know who most of the big names are) who wants to hazard a guess who would be the likeliest to commit to aTm this weekend? I'm guessing most of them are not the guys we feel good with (assuming an outright bag of cash isn't passed like Dylan Wright or Demani Richardson). Kimber? I don't have a real good read on recruits leaning that way heavily since we apparently don't have too much overlap, and where we do, we feel good. 

Hornsby and Evans seem like guys that might go the distance (maybe not on Hornsby?), Garth is this summer, etc. 3 feels like a high number. 

I will say if we don't get Alfred Collins, I'm murdering several members of this board and framing Oscar Giles. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hornsby and Evans seem like guys that might go the distance (maybe not on Hornsby?), Garth is this summer, etc. 3 feels like a high number. 

Hornsby is kind of off the board to me. He was supposed to publicly drop for A&M several times, and never pulled the trigger, he has a helicopter mom with her hand out along with three trainers, and transferred schools while trashing the previous coaching staff on twitter on the way out, and awhile back Loochi said he didn't have Hornsby in his 2020 class, although that info might be outdated at this point. He has a lot of Shawn Robinson to his game too; big arm and athletic, but missing a lot of the QB soft skills, and possibly a questionable mental makeup for a position where if you're not an extremely detail orientated type a personality with a great work ethic and live for football, then you're way behind the eight ball. 

I suspect Hornsby is too shiny a chunk of iron pyrite for most of the bidding schools to ignore. He’s going to string it out. I suspect he’ll be dropping in rankings through the course of the next 12 months, so if he commits to the aggies - hiiiiigh-yooooo!!

Branard Wright has nowhere to go but down in the rankings. He’ll be out of the top 300 by this time next year. If ATM locks him up, expect the same hilarity. This shit is going to put these goobers on tilt. If Bilbo follows the Mack Brown “get’em while they’re hawt!” approach to recruiting in the early days, we could have years of hilarity as they continue to draw their Internet swords on recruiting cheerleaders and threaten lawsuits against an ethereal dark force only they can fathom or see. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Isn't Sylvester begging for an offer from Texas? It would make sense for baggins to try and lock him up so we can't circle back around.

Part of me wonders if they're waiting for a belated offer from us so that they can claim an easy head-to-head victory (if they think they're in good shape with him).

This is probably wishful thinking, but it would be interesting if TCU makes them expend more effort into his recruitment since they picked up multiple Newton players last cycle (assuming they all sign with them).

Edited by Machinator

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Part of me wonders if they're waiting for a belated offer from us so that they can claim an easy head-to-head victory (if they think they're in good shape with him).

This is probably wishful thinking, but it would be interesting if TCU makes them expend more effort into his recruitment since they picked up multiple Newton players last cycle (assuming they all sign with them).

If jimbo is really thinking that petty Herman needs to go full sun tzu and make jimbo waste alot of time and effort on recruitments.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

If jimbo is really thinking that petty Herman needs to go full sun tzu and make jimbo waste alot of time and effort on recruitments.

Yeah, it's mostly wild speculation from me. To be honest I haven't paid any attention to the recruitments of Sylvester (or Bryant) when it became clear we weren't going to prioritize them.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I think we should expect them to get a commit or two we aren't expecting, from guys we want.  

That's the way it happened last year with Leal and Richardson, when nobody saw it coming.  

I don’t expect they’ll do it nearly as much as last year, but there’s no doubt they’ll get a few guys we’re currently projecting to be in our class. Jimbo is willing to play the game and hired some really good recruiters. 

Omeire is a definite possibility. As long as they don’t get Broughton or Evans, it’ll be fine. 

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Lord knows it won't be them doing anything themselves since they're too scared to play us.

Count me in the crowd that we shouldn't play this idiots ever again. I'd much rather continue to schedule and beat SEC teams not named aTm. As we get better, and if we return to true elite status and contend for playoff spots regularly, we absolutely can survive and excel as a brand without those slope-headed dipshits. When we're up, they absolutely cannot survive without playing us, both because of their psyche and because they have to beat us to gain credence with recruits. Otherwise the ones that we don't want will go to OU, LSU, or anywhere else in the SEC. The converse of us being down is obviously NOT true, as evidenced by us digging out of our hole the last 5 years.

Of course, that would have to have a scientific caveat of who know what happens when aTm is elite and we're losing, and how we'd dig out of that hole. Because, it's never happened and dividing my zero is impossible, etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, it's mostly wild speculation from me. To be honest I haven't paid any attention to the recruitments of Sylvester (or Bryant) when it became clear we weren't going to prioritize them.

The question is can Jimbo swallow his pride enough to take Herman's maybe guys so early in the recruiting cycle when aggy is scholarship limited?  And secondly can he then convince the aggy fan base that it's a good thing?

5 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

The question is can Jimbo swallow his pride enough to take Herman's maybe guys so early in the recruiting cycle when aggy is scholarship limited?  And secondly can he then convince the aggy fan base that it's a good thing?

The answer to the second question is yes, kind of. He won’t have to convince them, the trust jimbo fog has taken hold and they’ve proven they’d rather complain about rankings than evaluate. 

15 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

they're amped about 3/4 of the 2020 OL class that they've already got signed. (to be fair a lot of Ags want Jefferson to get the boot) 

Chibuzo. Akinola. Bankhead. Jefferson. 

They're excited about that class. Committed by June of 2018. For the 2020 class. 

So yeah, I think that stupid fucking fanbase will lap up anything they are told to lap up. It's the Aggy way. 

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

they're amped about 3/4 of the 2020 OL class that they've already got signed. (to be fair a lot of Ags want Jefferson to get the boot) 

They're excited about that class. Committed by June of 2018. For the 2020 class. 

So yeah, I think that stupid fucking fanbase will lap up anything they are told to lap up. It's the Aggy way. 

Not only that--but that's 4 generally shitty OL commits in a class where they're going to have a REALLY hard time taking big numbers without forcing a massive amount of attrition.

44 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The answer to the second question is yes, kind of. He won’t have to convince them, the trust jimbo fog has taken hold and they’ve proven they’d rather complain about rankings than evaluate. 

34 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Mea culpa guys.  I zoned out for a second there, treating aggy like a normal fanbase.  I forgot that everything is always perfect in Collie Station right up until the moment the pitchforks and torches come out.  There was a hilarious expression I heard years ago that describes aggy perfectly: 

"They rigorously maintain the requirement for original thought.  Every aggy is required to have one original thought in his life.  No more, no less."