Sell Me a Washing Machine

NoRagrets

Cool.  You'll like them.  Here's mine purchased about 10 years ago...
IMG-20220129-084337.jpg

Ha, basically look the same. I went with this model instead of the classic because we don't normally have super dirty clothes. I know a lot of die hards only like the older ones with the classic wash technology.

Got these hooked up today and was briefly cussing Speed Queen for not including the screws required to attach the plug to the terminal block on the dryer. Wasted a good hour digging through my box of random shit in the garage to find one that fit before I could go to Ace and buy three new ones with the same threads. Got home, installed them, open the dryer door...packet of screws inside. Fuck me!

Anyway, washed a few loads of clothes and everything seems to be working. Love the simplicity.

• Rage+1 1

We had to have our heating element and some wiring replaced on our dryer recently.  When the repairman was done I asked him what to buy when this thing finally goes out, he said Whirlpool.  The work on Samsungs LG and GE all the time.  Hardly ever see a Whirlpool

• Like 1

We had to have our heating element and some wiring replaced on our dryer recently.  When the repairman was done I asked him what to buy when this thing finally goes out, he said Whirlpool.  The work on Samsungs LG and GE all the time.  Hardly ever see a Whirlpool
Whirlpools are pretty solid. That's what we had prior to these. The one thing we really didn't like was that the dryer lint trap was on top so when you emptied it lint went everywhere. It was surprisingly annoying. I think only the cheaper basic models are like that.

Whirlpool and Maytag are the only other brands I'd consider.

I rebuilt a whirlpool dryer a few years ago, it was trouble free for the most part. About a month after, our matching whirlpool washing machine went out and repair was just a few hundred under a new set.  They were solid for 8 years before that. One thing I noticed when I was buying all the dryer parts is there are several crossover brands using the same parts. The set my wife purchased since were considerably more expensive, and sucks. 

• 3 months later...

I bought a whirlpool from them a year ago. They were great. Originally bought something from lowes but they kept fucking around on the delivery so I had to cancel. Appliance associates delivered it the next day

I thought about a speed queen but I heard some bad stories about them. I think they had a few bad years. Not sure if they got their shit together or not. I know they used to be great. So you may want to research that some

But definitely recommend appliance associates

• Hook 'Em 1

Whirlpools are pretty solid. That's what we had prior to these. The one thing we really didn't like was that the dryer lint trap was on top so when you emptied it lint went everywhere. It was surprisingly annoying. I think only the cheaper basic models are like that.

Whirlpool and Maytag are the only other brands I'd consider.

Old post is old, but the Newer(I bought this in 2018) whirlpool the lint trap is in front of the drum when you open the door.

My old whirlpool from 2010 used to be up top and yea, bad design

This is on the dryer design that isn’t considered front load but it is front load, if that makes sense heh

Old post is old, but the Newer(I bought this in 2018) whirlpool the lint trap is in front of the drum when you open the door.

My old whirlpool from 2010 used to be up top and yea, bad design

This is on the dryer design that isn’t considered front load but it is front load, if that makes sense heh
The cheaper models still have the top lint traps. I usually try to go cheaper just because they're simpler with less shit to break.

Or just buy a Speed Queen that's simple and expensive.
  • Like 1

My Whirlpool Cabrio set will turn 9 in july and the washer has about had it. It has a slight leak but it's not constant, it's just some of the time. It roars like a lion when it spins fast, I think it's a bearing or something. I looked at prices the other day and fucking hell, I don't want to spend that much. 

13 hours ago, Sandman said:

My Whirlpool Cabrio set will turn 9 in july and the washer has about had it. It has a slight leak but it's not constant, it's just some of the time. It roars like a lion when it spins fast, I think it's a bearing or something. I looked at prices the other day and fucking hell, I don't want to spend that much. 

My set made it 8. I’ll try and find out what set we got after so you don’t make that mistake.