Ramonce Taylor is catching some new cases now

scottsins

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

We have been fortunate to see some really fast players at UT.  And being fast is hard work, but I’ve never seen a player make being so damn fast look so damn easy.  It’s like he was just knocking around in third gear for shits and grins while everybody else was about to blow their transmission.  

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

My buddy interned for the AD when he was in school. Said the guy could barely read and write. 

RT was an assistant coach for the HS football team at my school for 2 or 3 years, and he was honestly an exemplary coach. He really was.

now look, I had more than one negative run in with RT ~10-15 years ago. first when a good friend of mine was RT's AAU basketball teammate (acted like an angry asshole all day, was dismissive of fans/kids approaching him), and then another time when i happened to be walking near RT and Quan Cosby as we were all leaving a UT basketball game. Fans/kids were coming up to Quan and RT and asking for autographs, and Quan was all class, talking with people and signing things. RT refused to sign anything, and generally acted like his own fans were a huge fucking nuisance in his life, with that same angry scowl on his face that i'dseen in our one previous encounter. at that moment in time I was like, "Wow. Fuck that guy. For real."

with all of that said, i gotta tell you, he really was a great coach and a very, very good influence on our kids, and everyone loved him. parents, players, the other coaches, everyone. i was the announcer for our team, and when i would talk to him it was unbelievable how much he had changed since i had last been around him. he was smiling, he was engaging, he was happy, and his family was always around supporting him. it was a total 180. we had several coaches come and go during his time at our school, but he stayed on for a few years and again, was just a total positive influence and a really enjoyable person to be around. so yeah, this latest news really bums me out, because i saw the guy grow and change, and he went from an immature asshole to an extremely likable person and a good coach/educator. fucking sucks man.

• Like 2