A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Cliff’s notes?  I try to avoid hearing his voice so I don’t jam a fork into my eardrum. 

Waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh, waaahhh *runs away*

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, to win the nomination or the election, Trump needs more than his "base."  He needs a goodly portion of more standard Republican types and independents.

If he keeps sounding like a lunatic on this one issue, it's going to hurt him.  And he can't hang up on a debate like he can Steve Inskeep.

Based on 2020’s results, how do you figure the votes aren’t there among the “more standard Republican types and independents?”

There is some conjecture at play either way, because we don’t know how these voters responded to Jan 6, but I think it’s a safer bet to count people who voted for Trump over Biden 2020 as Trump voters in 2024.

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, to win the nomination or the election, Trump needs more than his "base."  He needs a goodly portion of more standard Republican types and independents.

If he keeps sounding like a lunatic on this one issue, it's going to hurt him.  And he can't hang up on a debate like he can Steve Inskeep.

And he will get them.  Why?  Because math.  NOBODY can win the nomination WITHOUT the Trumpy base.  Nobody.  Zero living humans, and zero dead ones, can win it without capturing the Trumpy base.  So, the nominee WILL be Trumpy.....which means it will be Trump.   And the "more standard types" have amply demonstrated that they'll go along for the ride, and vote for Trump, again.

18 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

If he runs, he's guaranteed to get the GQP nomination.  Stone. Cold. Lock. 

It really is this clear.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Every time I see an intelligent poster on this board indicate they’ve learned nothing from the last few years I grow increasingly sure about staying out on the ledge.  Because if good posters like TwiceHorn still think normal politics applies to Trump, it helps explain why our country never learns from our numerous horrible experiences with GOP governance and continually reappoint them to power whenever we get frustrated at the Dems for not cleaning the mess up quickly enough. If some of our smartest people have such a hard time learning from these experiences, how can we possibly expect the average American to do so?

And SO much this.  I truly don't understand how smart, rational people don't get this.  It's as plain as day.

Just now, ndawg said:

Based on 2020’s results, how do you figure the votes aren’t there among the “more standard Republican types and independents?”

There is some conjecture at play either way, because we don’t know how these voters responded to Jan 6, but I think it’s a safer bet to count people who voted for Trump over Biden 2020 as Trump voters in 2024.

There are some less engaged that missed or ignored his lunacy.  And voted for him because "but librul" or "elephant lever."  Those people will not be able to ignore his monomaniacal lunacy anymore.

Big Lie lunacy is going to be front and center for the next two years.  It won't hurt him with his credulous base, but a fair number of them probably won't vote because of it.  Between 1/6 and Big Lie fatigue, I am going to guess that a lot of less engaged voters will stay home or vote for someone else rather than "well, he's the R so  . . ."

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Those people will not be able to ignore his monomaniacal lunacy anymore.

What on God's green earth gives you the idea that THIS will be the breaking point?

You, umm, do recall that the very thing that gave rise to him as a political animal was being a lead voice in the "birtherism" movement.  "You're not going to believe what my people found in Hawaii!"  Which was a lie.  He never offered anything.  His statements were plainly the lies of a psychotic madman.  And that GAINED HIM SUPPORT.

You think "monomaniacal lunacy" is a negative.  For fuck's sake, that's what his base WANTS....and once he gets the GQP nomination, the rest of the "standard" GOP will go along with it, because, you know, tax rates and 401k and whatnot.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Every time I see an intelligent poster on this board indicate they’ve learned nothing from the last few years I grow increasingly sure about staying out on the ledge.  Because if good posters like TwiceHorn still think normal politics applies to Trump, it helps explain why our country never learns from our numerous horrible experiences with GOP governance and continually reappoint them to power whenever we get frustrated at the Dems for not cleaning the mess up quickly enough. If some of our smartest people have such a hard time learning from these experiences, how can we possibly expect the average American to do so?

Yeah, reminds me of the George Carlin bit about how stupid the average person is.  

Most of the Republicans I know just voted for him for taxes and hating Hillary.  In 2020, I think it was just about taxes again/straight tickets; and they know he sucks deep down inside.  But I know a lot of very well educated and otherwise intelligent Republicans that really idolize the man and eat up all the bullshit that comes with it.  And I think, "If they can't be convinced of how dangerous and shitty he is, why in the hell even bother trying to change hearts and minds in Phoenix or Orlando or DFW?" 

So hard to tell where the economy will be in 3 years...and who the Democrats will run if Biden doesn't.  But as of now, I'd run with the same playbook.  You need a few hundred thousand typical Republican or Independent voters in a handful of states to turn out in droves like we did in 2020.  That, and make sure the typical Democrat voter doesn't get their votes suppressed in many of those same states.  Otherwise, no reason to overcomplicate this.  I know "Turn out the Vote" efforts helped the liberal/progressive wing of your party.  But I think what's dangerously overlooked is how many millions turned out just to watch Trump rot in hell.  Hate is a very powerful driver in politics, don't ever forget that.  Far more lethal than "inclusiveness"  

Just now, Brisketexan said:

What on God's green earth gives you the idea that THIS will be the breaking point?

You, umm, do recall that the very thing that gave rise to him as a political animal was being a lead voice in the "birtherism" movement.  "You're not going to believe what my people found in Hawaii!"  Which was a lie.  He never offered anything.  His statements were plainly the lies of a psychotic madman.  And that GAINED HIM SUPPORT.

You think "monomaniacal lunacy" is a negative.  For fuck's sake, that's what his base WANTS....and once he gets the GQP nomination, the rest of the "standard" GOP will go along with it, because, you know, tax rates and 401k and whatnot.

It's this, sadly. Even people who I know to be intelligent and usually rational, when confronted with the Big Lie (which started with Romney/Obama 10 fucking years ago) and 1/6, you get an automatic response of, "Yeah, but what about Russia and the riots?" The standard GOP voter has already rationalized who they'll be voting for in 2024.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I probably should have left out the nomination because the GQP will probably swallow its own dick again and make sure he gets it.  Because we agree that without Trump, they're not winning shit nationally.

But if he runs, I think we get a repeat o 2020, maybe more lopsided on the popular vote.  Subject to electoral shenanigans.

I'd bet that Trump would gain more Biden voters from the more sane R voters who held their noses to vote for a liberal, but are now being convinced everyday from their information networks that it was never this bad under Trump than he'll lose because of 1/6 and all that led up to it. Disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

I simply can't believe so many Americans think he's some kind of alpha male.

It is the absolute weirdest thing. Simply unexplainable. He's overweight, old, unathletic, drinks water with two hands, and can't breathe near a microphone without it picking up his inhale. But sure, let's paste his head on Rambo's body cause Trump is a man's man!

The fact that so many rural Americans flock to a guy from New York with a gold penthouse is just dumbfounding.

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There are some less engaged that missed or ignored his lunacy.  And voted for him because "but librul" or "elephant lever."  Those people will not be able to ignore his monomaniacal lunacy anymore.

Big Lie lunacy is going to be front and center for the next two years.  It won't hurt him with his credulous base, but a fair number of them probably won't vote because of it.  Between 1/6 and Big Lie fatigue, I am going to guess that a lot of less engaged voters will stay home or vote for someone else rather than "well, he's the R so  . . ."

Sure they will. It won't even take much effort, it's remarkably easy for them to do so.

It might hurt him enough on the margins to keep him from winning the election (without some help from state GOP legislatures), but he "won" in 2016 despite a lot of talk about how the election might be rigged and he lost by an incredibly thin margin in the states that mattered in 2020 despite a lot of talk about how Dems were rigging the election in the states and the whole horrific pandemic mis/nonmanagement thing.

There are a ton of "sane," "intelligent" Americans who view the BLM rallies of 2020 as a much greater threat to America than Donald Trump. Some of them are probably your friends and neighbors. They probably actually buy in to a degree to the big lie, because Republicans have been accusing Democrats of cheating for decades now and they have an innate belief that people wouldn't just lie about something like that (this frequently manifests itself now in reasoning like "well people wouldn't have lied about it in 2000 and it's probably worse today than it was then, but Trump probably does exaggerate it"). It doesn't help that Democrats have spent nearly that entire time ignoring these claims and acting as if the Republican party was just an honest, normal political party they just had some minor disagreements with.

• Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It's this, sadly. Even people who I know to be intelligent and usually rational, when confronted with the Big Lie (which started with Romney/Obama 10 fucking years ago) and 1/6, you get an automatic response of, "Yeah, but what about Russia and the riots?" The standard GOP voter has already rationalized who they'll be voting for in 2024.

A certain bothsides poster will vote Trump in 2024 because triplehorn posted some stupid Russia shit and in the bothside's posters mind that alone discredited the entire investigation.

People are fucking weird.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I'd bet that Trump would gain more Biden voters from the more sane R voters who held their noses to vote for a liberal, but are now being convinced everyday from their information networks that it was never this bad under Trump than he'll lose because of 1/6 and all that led up to it. Disappointing.

This is sadly the truth.  The right wing media is hammering away at the country that Biden is the worst president ever and the country has fallen apart under him compared to the previous guy.  By the time of the 2024 election half the country will have pitch forks going after Biden even if they themselves are doing great.  As an example, I was with some Trumpers the other night and they were complaining how Biden is destroying the economy and its killing them personally.  These people are what you would call rich and seem to have no problem buying a new car recently, going to Fiji on vacation and eating out every other night and posting it on Facebook yet apparently their lives are falling apart.  It’s all what they believe because Fox News tells them to believe it.  I will give one other thing I noticed just this morning.  All the networks are talking about inflation/consumer prices rose to the highest level since 1982.  Fox News pundits were blaming the President and it’s all his fault and how horrible he is.  That is fine but it seems to me in 1982 there was a President that all the Republicans seem to think was the greatest ever.  An intelligent person can see that you can’t say Reagan was great and the inflation in 1982 wasn’t his fault but Biden sucks and the inflation in 2022 is all his fault.  Unfortunately we are not dealing with intelligent people in this country and the Dems suck at messaging while the Republicans are experts at messaging. 

• Like 1

A lot of this is going to hinge on what successes Biden can tout during his campaign, which at this point looks rather meh. That could very well change, though. 

I run in a primarily Republican circle and there’s genuine excitement for the next election cycle. What has been truly shocking is just how little Trump ever comes up, he’s been virtually erased from the conversation. There seems to be a path towards victory that doesn’t involve him, let’s hope they don’t waste the opportunity to cut and run. 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

And he can't hang up on a debate like he can Steve Inskeep.

there won't be any debates.  Trump won't agree to one.  and at this point, i'm not sure what there is to gain for any Dem candidate in debating Trump.  it's just another stage for Trump to lie and commandeer the entire event.  Trump would have no problem telling the moderators that the debate is rigged, just like the election was, and walk off the stage to a round of applause from his supporters.

in any event, those debates are becoming more and more pointless every year.  they've always been about the soundbite.  nothing substantive is truly discussed.  but now with social media, politicians can get those soundbites every day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

It is the absolute weirdest thing. Simply unexplainable. He's overweight, old, unathletic, drinks water with two hands, and can't breathe near a microphone without it picking up his inhale. But sure, let's paste his head on Rambo's body cause Trump is a man's man!

The fact that so many rural Americans flock to a guy from New York with a gold penthouse is just dumbfounding.

He became a hero to them with his birther lie which allowed them to openly despise Obama not because he’s bleck, oh noes, it’s because he’s a an illegitimate fraud of a president and a Kenyan! 

It was probably a Russian idea planted on team trump. Someone taught him how to use Twitter and the rest is history. After that he could do no wrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

A lot of this is going to hinge on what successes Biden can tout during his campaign, which at this point looks rather meh. That could very well change, though. 

I run in a primarily Republican circle and there’s genuine excitement for the next election cycle. What has been truly shocking is just how little Trump ever comes up, he’s been virtually erased from the conversation. There seems to be a path towards victory that doesn’t involve him, let’s hope they don’t waste the opportunity to cut and run. 

By "cut and run" I assume you mean "bow at the altar to get Don's nomination, sing Trump's praises at every turn, and never denounce election fraud lies or 1/6"? 

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Trump will run on the platform of "the vaccines were 100% my doing" and all of these anti-vax shitbags and misinformation spreaders will reverse course fast enough to make your head spin.

If it convinces them to get vaxxed, so be it, whatever it takes to get past this covid bullshit. But he's now on the "personal choice" train and his followers don't care, they take the stuff they like and ignore the stuff they don't. They have built an empire that does not require any form of intellectual honesty or even consistency. We need to get the voting rights bill passed, it's the only way to have a chance at avoiding trump 2 facist boogaloo.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is simultaneously amusing and disturbing and more evidence of what a petulant child is Trump.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-tweeted-classified-satellite-image-of-iran-former-officials-fallout-100003879.html

More evidence for my thought that if trump ever told the military to nuke someone out of pettiness they would have put their foot down and locked him in a bunker. If he gets elected in 2024, I see a real possibility of military intervention. "We ain't dealing with this dumbshit again."

Just now, 'stache said:

More evidence for my thought that if trump ever told the military to nuke someone out of pettiness they would have put their foot down and locked him in a bunker. If he gets elected in 2024, I see a real possibility of military intervention. "We ain't dealing with this dumbshit again."

The active military has made it pretty clear they're content to roll over and die as opposed to defy the president, imo. The quotes over the years from top brass make it pretty obvious to me. The guy will appoint loonies like him, which exist in the military, to act as yes men to him. 

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

By "cut and run" I assume you mean "bow at the altar to get Don's nomination, sing Trump's praises at every turn, and never denounce election fraud lies or 1/6"? 

Some will, of course, but having the suburban women helping you win in Virginia had to feel good. Throwing all of that away seems like a very poor decision, if your goal is to win. Still, I have to allow for the fact that lining their pockets may be more important. 

It never ceases to amaze me that Republican voters don’t stop ask themselves why an elite is leading their populism movement. 

48 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

bolded part is your answer

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The dem bench seems short. If Biden doesn't run, who gets the nom? Harris vs Trump doesn't seem like a good idea. Then there's... um.... Secretary Mayor Pete?

It's time for Al Gore to take his rightful place

(mostly kidding)

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The active military has made it pretty clear they're content to roll over and die as opposed to defy the president, imo. The quotes over the years from top brass make it pretty obvious to me. The guy will appoint loonies like him, which exist in the military, to act as yes men to him. 

I just have to believe that there is a limit, and a guy who has the intellectual maturity of a pre-pubescent incel has to be that line. If Angela Merkel had insulted him and he told the military "nuke Berlin, just fucking do it!" I just don't see the military brass saying "ok." It would be a constitutional crisis, but it is sort of inevitable if he gets re-elected. I personally think a constitutional crisis is already inevitable with how he packed the supreme court, but it'll take more time to truly take hold. When the overturn Roe, it'll be just the beginning. If the dems pass voters rights legislation, they'll call it unconstitutional. Red states will continue suppressing rights and imposing theocracy, with scotus blessing. Throw in that half the fucking country doesn't believe in elections anymore, it'll be a true crisis. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

The best proof that there is no Deep State is that Donald Trump is alive, well, and talking about running for President again.  Because if there was a Deep State, he would only be one of those three things.  

But you raise the point, who does he actually appoint when it comes to the U.S. Armed Forces?  Other than the Sec. of Defense and I think the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs.  Most other general officer promotions, including Secretaries of the various branches and other Joint Chief positions, are all done through Congress right?  But yes, obviously he could fill those first two positions with yes-men and then have McCarthy stack the appropriate committees on the Hill to push through every Bird Colonel turned Trump schill up to Lt. Gen./Vice Admiral within the first 6 months.  

It can't be that hard to poison the entire meat supply to every McDonald's in the D.C. area...can it?  I mean, yes, some D.C. residents are going to have to die...but I mean c'mon...McDonald's every other day...it was bound to happen to them anyway.  

34 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Other than economic gains in job and wage growth that dwarf anything achieved under Trump even prior to the pandemic. It's pretty weird how little anyone seems to give a shit about a really astounding economic recovery. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I just have to believe that there is a limit, and a guy who has the intellectual maturity of a pre-pubescent incel has to be that line. If Angela Merkel had insulted him and he told the military "nuke Berlin, just fucking do it!" I just don't see the military brass saying "ok." It would be a constitutional crisis, but it is sort of inevitable if he gets re-elected. I personally think a constitutional crisis is already inevitable with how he packed the supreme court, but it'll take more time to truly take hold. When the overturn Roe, it'll be just the beginning. If the dems pass voters rights legislation, they'll call it unconstitutional. Red states will continue suppressing rights and imposing theocracy, with scotus blessing. Throw in that half the fucking country doesn't believe in elections anymore, it'll be a true crisis. 

I'd love for you to cite recent history illustrating that there is, in fact, a limit. But at this point, I'm from Missouri. I'll believe it when I see it. Fomenting a terrorist attack on our own seat of government made a tiny, barely perceptible dent for about 5 days. Now, what you do for your own sanity these days is your own business, it's the human condition and we're all coping in various ways. So believe away, my man. I just wouldn't bet any money on you finding a limit any time soon. My money is complete catastrophe and then a rebuild as something completely unrecognizable, and the world just moves on as it always does until we fry from climate change. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Other than economic gains in job and wage growth that dwarf anything achieved under Trump even prior to the pandemic. It's pretty weird how little anyone seems to give a shit about a really astounding economic recovery. 

The current state of inflation has all but wiped out those positives it seems. His polling numbers are quite poor on his handling of the economy, which is obviously subject to change. 

He really needs this current plan to get passed or some other major legislation to change the narrative. 

1 hour ago, ndawg said:

They aren't.  The way he is digging his heels in on this singular issue and coming off as an unhinged lunatic, the more people are going to abandon him.  He'll get the blind R vote, which is significant, but he lost the last election because he was so divisive and polarizing.  And he has doubled down on it since then.

He is such a mental midget, it's comical.  

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'd love for you to cite recent history illustrating that there is, in fact, a limit. But at this point, I'm from Missouri. I'll believe it when I see it. Fomenting a terrorist attack on our own seat of government made a tiny, barely perceptible dent for about 5 days. Now, what you do for your own sanity these days is your own business, it's the human condition and we're all coping in various ways. So believe away, my man. I just wouldn't bet any money on you finding a limit any time soon. My money is complete catastrophe and then a rebuild as something completely unrecognizable, and the world just moves on as it always does until we fry from climate change. 

We avoided complete worldwide nuclear destruction because two leaders were smart and mature enough to understand that fact and avoid using those weapons. Do you really think Donald Trump would have had that maturity? I'd be interested in a citation from recent history (or any history for that matter) of a first world leader with the outright stupidity and immaturity of Donald Trump. The only saving grace is that he wasn't smart enough to implement an actual dictatorship. Fat Kim from fucking North Korea is smarter and more mature than Donald Trump. Let that fucking sink in for a minute. 

Edited by 'stache

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

They aren't.  The way he is digging his heels in on this singular issue and coming off as an unhinged lunatic, the more people are going to abandon him.  He'll get the blind R vote, which is significant, but he lost the last election because he was so divisive and polarizing.  And he has doubled down on it since then.

He is such a mental midget, it's comical.  

Counterpoint: The people who would need to abandon him won't see his unhinged rantings and lunacy reported on any "news" outlets they favor. They'll have no idea. And those aren't the people going to rallies, either. 

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

We avoided complete worldwide nuclear destruction because two leaders were smart and mature enough to understand that fact and avoid using those weapons. Do you really think Donald Trump would have had that maturity? I'd be interested in a citation from recent history (or any history for that matter) of a first world leader with the outright stupidity and immaturity of Donald Trump. The only saving grace is that he wasn't smart enough to implement an actual dictatorship. Fucking Kim Jong Dong is smarter and more mature than Donald Trump. Let that fucking sink in for a minute. 

I should clarify: The one thing I see them not doing that he ordered is pushing the button on nukes. Yes, I think they'd tell him no. But that's it. Everything else would be on the table, and let me tell you, there's plenty he can fuck up and ruin us with in that regard. 

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint: The people who would need to abandon him won't see his unhinged rantings and lunacy reported on any "news" outlets they favor. They'll have no idea. And those aren't the people going to rallies, either. 

That's the point.  The people at his rallies and the Fox/OAN/NewsMax devotees, while significant in number, aren't enough to win an election.  They make up a big percentage of the population in bassackward states like, say, I don't know, Texas, but major swing states have enough registered R's that see him for what he is to cost him the election.

The dems just have to put a candidate forward that has chops.  I'm not sure Biden has another term left in him.  He did his service.  He stepped up to unseat Trump when he was the only one who likely could.  But he may need to step aside, and Kamala is NOT the one to fill that void.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

That's the point.  The people at his rallies and the Fox/OAN/NewsMax devotees, while significant in number, aren't enough to win an election.  They make up a big percentage of the population in bassackward states like, say, I don't know, Texas, but major swing states have enough registered R's that see him for what he is to cost him the election.

The dems just have to put a candidate forward that has chops.  I'm not sure Biden has another term left in him.  He did his service.  He stepped up to unseat Trump when he was the only one who likely could.  But he may need to step aside, and Kamala is NOT the one to fill that void.

I agree with your post, in general, but the "registered Rs who see him for what he is" are still voting for him. Otherwise they wouldn't be registered Republicans anymore. And all his lunatic spiel won't be reported on Fox News, OAN, or Newsmax or spread on Facebook among loyalists. Trump could literally shit his pants, drop trou on public TV, and smear it all over a bunch of nuns and that video clip STILL wouldn't be shown on any cable news outlet.

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I would wager that something like 5% of Trump voters have ever heard the Four Seasons debacle. Even the ones who aren't going to rallies or glued to OAN just aren't getting the information needed to realize the obvious.

One election factor to consider that may play a bigger role than we think is that in many of these swing states that had statistically razor thin margins, a lot of die hard MAGAt's may no longer be with us, victims of the China virus.  It may play a bigger role than we think.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, reminds me of the George Carlin bit about how stupid the average person is.  

Most of the Republicans I know just voted for him for taxes and hating Hillary

I maintain to this day, that if the Dem candidate was anyone other than Hillary 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

The dem bench seems short. If Biden doesn't run, who gets the nom? Harris vs Trump doesn't seem like a good idea. Then there's... um.... Secretary Mayor Pete?

Hey here's an idea... ( i dont have a subscription to WSJ, so I actually dont know what the article says)

image.thumb.png.c78f5631140ae0977f7887c495e90e13.png

Hillary Dotard II would definitely cause the flat earth to topple over. We would not survive it. Its so fucking terrifying, the simulation will probably ensure that it happens. And after Hillary wins it all,  Governor Huffines begins TX succession efforts. 

TFG will run, unless he is dead or in a coma. His narcissism won't let him not run. For him, narcissism >>> anything else. I'd give odds on this.

He will get the nomination. I'd give odds on this.

He might win, but I'd bet even money that he doesn't.

Also, absolutely the dem nom should debate him. With a little prep, a good talker could needle him into going completely, rabid dog foaming at the mouth insane on a debate stage. Grandpa Joe almost made him do it in the last debate.

I don't think Joe should run again. If the dems could get their shit together (yeah I know), they could spin Joe not running in a positive light for them.

I would like Mayor Pete to run. Warren and Joe are too old, I'm sorry.

• Hook 'Em 2

I have written more than once that I stopped trying to predict American elections and why the electorate will do what they do long ago. W "winning" re-election was the capper for me. He probably cheated in Ohio, but he should have been no where close to winning after the Iraq disaster.

TwiceHorns original point was simple that talking about the 2020 election over and over might hurt Trump with GOPs. Too quickly, it was interpretted as meaning the nomination rather than the general election.

I think there may be merit to the thought that pointing up Trump's insane obsessions and the danger they pose may sway some more GOPs to vote against him in the general election depending on if the Dems run a straight white man (so devastatingly sad to write that). More GOPs may indeed be pulled away.

I don't predict it, but I don't rule it out.

There's still the racism, homophobia, and misogyny to address, but would this country know who it is without those signature traits?

Even in the questionable event of victory, this nation becomes more despicable.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement