A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

From The Hill, SIAP:  Increasingly abandoned and isolated, will Trump burn it all down?

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/3533504-abandoned-and-increasingly-isolated-will-trump-burn-it-all-down/

Yes, the answer to that question is yes.  He's proven over and over and over again that's exactly what he'll do.  Why are we still asking this question?

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yes, the answer to that question is yes.  He's proven over and over and over again that's exactly what he'll do.  Why are we still asking this question?

yeah, instead of asking whether he will ever do the right thing, we should be asking does he have any limits and where do they lie (lay? fuck, I always get that one wrong)? I'm assuming one is his daughter (not that one), maybe his sons, but definitely not his wife. I would also think due to his extreme narcissism he would do anything he could to avoid jail time. so if it ever came down to it, he would plead like a dog to save his own skin and maybe like 2-3 other people. So if he doesn't get the nomination and given the choice to predict whether he will bow out gracefully or take everyone down with him, he's definitely taking as many people down with him as he can. There is nothing in his past to indicate otherwise. Nothing.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

i've said it ever since he released the slogan, but eventually TFG will actually make America great again - just not in the way he thinks. he'll do something like accidentally tear down the 2-party system and in a roundabout way save America. At least that's what I'm hoping for. I don't got much else

spacer.png

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

more on this. lol, what complete idiots

It would be a fitting end for Trump to be brought down by TV.

He watches it all the time.

He's obsessed with it.

It gave him his rise and it would be his downfall.

Maybe someone with a literary background can take hold of the simulation, and at least make it a little more sane.

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

Uh...he's not Trump. 

Huffines is a typical GOP candidate who always falls in line.

Trump is about Trump and nothing else. 

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you sure dude? if DeSantis won the nom I 100% think TFG would split 3rd party. honestly I kinda hope that happens

I hope you're right. That post came from the ledge.

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Summarize.  I can't stand to hear him talk.

He is looking into a monitor and deciding to not have the water or table, then no bring the table and water back in, now get rid of the napkin, and then he scoots the table until he likes how it all looks. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He is looking into a monitor and deciding to not have the water or table, then no bring the table and water back in, now get rid of the napkin, and then he scoots the table until he likes how it all looks. 

All while breathing heavily from the walk to the chair and the effort to button his jacket 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I think DeSantis wins in a landslide at the present moment. Of course, a lot can happen in two years. I don't think Harris is that popular. I think there's also so many people that are mad about inflation and want some sort of change.

My family that are anti-Biden/anti-Dems are not talking about Trump at all, but Desantis is the one they bring up to be the next president in 2024.  They also have bought into the demonization of Harris. Harris will be a loser, if Biden does not seek re-election, and the Dems try to run her in 2024. She actually has a lower approval rating than Biden.  The Dems need another Obama or Bill Clinton to come forward, especially if inflation continues to be high or the economy tanks, if they want to win in 2024 IMO.  The primary candidates from 2020 just do not have anyone that can overcome bad inflation or a bad economy. If they had the charisma to pull it off, they would have trounced Biden, and be president now.

10 hours ago, tchookem said:
12 hours ago, The Dog said:
That's what Trende thinks will happen - Trump loses the nomination (he's already behind DeSantis - take that Zogby poll with a grain of salt) and then goes nuclear after the nominee because it's all about him. He runs a third party campaign purely out of spite and peels off the crazies and torpedoes the GOP nominee. 

Trump doesn't run. The RNC will pay Trump so much money and prop him up as the Godfather meets Wizard of Oz backroom dealmaker that MADE Desantis. Trump will get everything he wants (money, influence, and the appearance of power) with none of the bothersome work that goes into being rich, influential, and powerful.

I think, if Trump loses the nomination, they just need to have DeSantis, or whomever wins it, tell him they will pardon him, if elected. If he tries to burn the GOP down, and they are elected, no pardon for the Trumps and they will "encourage" prosecution for any crimes he was involved with. They can pardon or give immunity to any co-conspirators to fuck Trump only.

Only problem is Trump is an old dude with mental instability so he might just try to burn it down anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Jhawkmvp said:

I think, if Trump loses the nomination, they just need to have DeSantis, or whomever wins it, tell him they will pardon him, if elected. If he tries to burn the GOP down, 

You know, I thought about this, and NOTHING would enrage Trump more than an offer of a pardon. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

People on this board get it, but most of America doesn't (go figure).  But this year's elections to determine the House and Senate are multiple times more important that the presidential election in 2024.  Big time more important.

They are, because it shows if 2020 was a fluke.  I still have some hope, because Trump cost the GOP the House and Senate and couldn't win in 2020 with all of his followers pumped up and his campaign coffers full of money. Trump not being on the 2022 ticket will give us an idea on moderates/independents and whether the Trump crazies will show up without him.

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

People on this board get it, but most of America doesn't (go figure).  But this year's elections to determine the House and Senate are multiple times more important that the presidential election in 2024.  Big time more important.

True. We also must start participating in state elections.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

.... from the most pointless musical. Memory is terribad.

I disagree. But in your favor, Cats is probably one  of the more divisive musicals ever produced. It was somewhat revolutionary in its time for a couple of reasons, but some of the revivals haven't lived up to the original immersive spectacle.

Agree to disagree, but I am biased as musicals are one of my jams and will admit that Cats is not my favorite of the genre.

But Trump wouldn't know any of that, because he sits, listens, and dreams to this stanza:

Memory, all alone in the moonlight (EXCEPT FOR MY PEOPLE. THEY LOVE ME!)
I can smile at the old days
I was beautiful then
(HA, I AM BEAUTIFUL NOW TOO!!)
I remember the time I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again....

Camera, Person, Man, Woman, TV

51 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Editorial from the Washington... <wait for it>... Examiner:

And most republicans will still never believe the last paragraph of this post.  Astounding how incredibly stupid so many people can be.

54 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Editorial from the Washington... <wait for it>... Examiner:

There's the Washington Times and Washington Examiner. I get them confused.  One of them has been fairly consistently, or has a writer that is consistently, anti-Trump.  Must be the Examiner.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement