A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

If the wall works, and the wall is finished plus some extra wall, how can there be an illegal immigration crisis?
Duh, because the Biden administration's open border policy requires the illegals to be carried secretly in shipping containers.

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

Of course, I realize that. What's so fucking hard to understand?

I was simply pointing out that mushmouth man was slurring his words on the evening after J6 and that it wasn't solely the word "yesterday" that he fucked up. His pounding of the podium like a toddler in combination with his inability to speak intelligibly makes it seem like he was on something.

THAT...IS...ALL... I was trying to imply. 

Good grief, calm the fuck down.  Psycho.

You almost have to admire his commitment to the whole "I didn't even know him/her" thing. It's been a running joke for years and he's still doing it. He said it about Cassidy Hutchinson and her office was like 20 feet away from the Oval Office for years. 

• Rage+1 1

53 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You almost have to admire his commitment to the whole "I didn't even know him/her" thing. It's been a running joke for years and he's still doing it. He said it about Cassidy Hutchinson and her office was like 20 feet away from the Oval Office for years. 

Well, if they were guys, that he didn't have to curry favor with in some form or fashion, it's almost believable because HRH Trump doesn't notice those who can't do anything for him.

But, because they're both young and attractive-ish, you fucking know HRH was at least gawking and ogling, if not more.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

his tech habits are…interesting. he doesn’t use a laptop, doesn’t email, not sure he texts at all. he tweets and talks on the phone - and not sure he does either from a govt or even personal cell phone. 

think about your parents/uncles in their 70’s and how weird their tech habits are. trump is worse and was like that well before 2016. 

• Like 1

his tech habits are…interesting. he doesn’t use a laptop, doesn’t email, not sure he texts at all. he tweets and talks on the phone - and not sure he does either from a govt or even personal cell phone. 
think about your parents/uncles in their 70’s and how weird their tech habits are. trump is worse and was like that well before 2016. 

It’d be nice if those around him did what they did to his dad Fred. Rig up a phone that works and appears real but goes to nowhere.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It’d be nice if those around him did what they did to his dad Fred. Rig up a phone that works and appears real but goes to nowhere.

put him in a fake oval office in florida with a staff and a phone line and he can be president forever!

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

He also kept a personal cell phone on him at all time that was not secured. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/21/trump-phone-security-risk-hackers-601903

Oh and.. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zacharysmith/2022/05/09/trump-says-he-lost-cell-phones-requested-by-new-york-attorney-general/

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

It's really weird when you think about how good Barron is with the cyber

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Actually, this is very smart of him.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/23/media/murdoch-trump-jan-6-new-york-post-wall-street-journal/index.html

One of Donald Trump’s favorite newspapers — controlled by his media ally Rupert Murdoch — says Trump is “unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.” Those words, in this weekend’s New York Post, may be the tabloid’s strongest critique of Trump yet.

It was published online on Friday evening, around the same time another Murdoch publication, the Wall Street Journal, also published an editorial harshly critiquing the former president.

The Journal called him “The President Who Stood Still on Jan. 6” and praised Vice President Mike Pence. “Character is revealed in a crisis, and Mr. Pence passed his Jan. 6 trial. Mr. Trump utterly failed his,” the Journal editorial stated.

Both newspapers have been noticeably more critical of Trump than Murdoch’s biggest megaphone of all, the Fox News Channel, though close viewers have also picked up on some signs that Fox might be souring on Trump. 

The right-wing network does not show his rallies any longer, for example. Potential 2024 presidential candidate Ron DeSantis, the Florida governor, was a featured guest on Fox while Trump held a rally on Friday night.

Both the Post and Journal have conservative editorial boards that are thought to reflect Murdoch’s views. Murdoch said last fall that conservatives must play an active role in the American political debate, “but that will not happen if President Trump stays focused on the past.”

After the House committee’s first prime time hearing last month, the Journal’s editorial board said the evidence was a reminder that “Trump betrayed his supporters.”

While the editorial writers have remained skeptical of the House committee and critical of the lack of witness cross-examination, they wrote the following on Friday, after the second prime time hearing: “No matter your views of the Jan. 6 special committee, the facts it is laying out in hearings are sobering. The most horrifying to date came Thursday in a hearing on President Trump’s conduct as the riot raged and he sat watching TV, posting inflammatory tweets and refusing to send help.”

Instead of making excuses or changing the subject, as some conservative commentators have done, the Journal’s editorial said Trump “failed” to do his duty as commander in chief. The Post’s editorial page, which wrote last month that “we need a fresh start” with “a new crop of conservatives,” went further in its editorial after Thursday’s prime time hearing.

“It’s up to the Justice Department to decide if this is a crime,” the Post said. “But as a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.”

So Fox News isn’t covering his rallies, and even booked DeSantis for an appearance while a rally was going on, and the NY Post and WSJ are blasting him.  That’s an interesting turn on Murdoch’s part.   Will be curious to see if the DeSantis support picks up.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/23/media/murdoch-trump-jan-6-new-york-post-wall-street-journal/index.html

So Fox News isn’t covering his rallies, and even booked DeSantis for an appearance while a rally was going on, and the NY Post and WSJ are blasting him.  That’s an interesting turn on Murdoch’s part.   Will be curious to see if the DeSantis support picks up.

fox news blasts trump for not acting on jan 6th when he was instead (checks notes) watching fox news. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

They created Parler and Truth Social for him and he goes on OANN that has been dropped by ATT, DirecTV, FIOS and who else?

Kinda the same deal

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

"I could have made so much $ as POTUS but I didn't because I'm so rich I didn't end it. Now just keep buying tickets to my traveling grift shows."

Dumbass never even considers the fact that making "deals" to enrich yourself as President is highly fucking illegal and likely treasonous, but he thinks his idiot base will interpret this as a sign of morals. I mean, they will so fuck each and every one of them.

It is probably worth noting that it is not actually illegal.

Although it is in direct contravention of the Emoluments Clause, the Constitution generally needs to be "enabled" by legislation from Congress to make things prohibited by the Constitution "illegal" in the sense that they can be prosecuted as crimes or sued over civilly.

And Congress has lacked testicular fortitude in passing ethics laws that fully implement the Emoluments Clause.   I believe in the more recent past, it has been GOP resistance to such legislation, but over time it is an issue laid at the feet of #bothsides.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Although it is in direct contravention of the Emoluments Clause, the Constitution generally needs to be "enabled" by legislation from Congress to make things prohibited by the Constitution "illegal" in the sense that they can be prosecuted as crimes or sued over civilly.

And Congress has lacked testicular fortitude in passing ethics laws that fully implement the Emoluments Clause.   I believe in the more recent past, it has been GOP resistance to such legislation, but over time it is an issue laid at the feet of #bothsides.

image.gif.d01afc4523962d8a297a8f14161db0b5.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

"I could have made so much $ as POTUS but I didn't because I'm so rich I didn't end it. Now just keep buying tickets to my traveling grift shows."

Dumbass never even considers the fact that making "deals" to enrich yourself as President is highly fucking illegal and likely treasonous, but he thinks his idiot base will interpret this as a sign of morals. I mean, they will so fuck each and every one of them.

WHAT???  I'm supposed to believe he never made a crooked deal to enrich himself while in office?  Mfer please, that has always been his major goal in life.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

not that it wasn't appropriate but AGAINST the law 

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Are we supposed to believe that editorials in the NEW YORK Post and the WSJ are going to have any influence on his Army of Rubes?

Maybe if we could get someone to read the editorials to them...never mind....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

WHAT???  I'm supposed to believe he never made a crooked deal to enrich himself while in office?  Mfer please, that has always been his major goal in life.

Anybody that ever wanted anything at all needed to dump a bunch of money at a trump property.  See the T-mobile crew during the sprint merger approval.  They all stayed at the trump hotel

• Hook 'Em 1

On All Things Considered yesterday, they referred to Jan. 6 as an attempted coup. No more pussy-footing. I hope other outlets do the same.

Call it what it was.

I still get angry thinking of all those years CNN and others would call Trump's lies misrepresentations or unsupported statements or whatever other euphemism they would choose. 

I'll save the tediously cynical a post:

No, I don't expect using accurate language to change the world. Knowing that does not prevent me from making an observation and discussing it.

The nothing-will-happeners have made their point. Their posts are more impotent than anything they criticize. We know, you're cynical. It will shock you to know that the rest of us are as well; we just don't make feckless predictions at every turn.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

"Here check out this video of Trump murdering like 100 people."

"Actually, it's not technically illegal for a sitting president to murder people...."

“Look, this is no different than if he ordered a drone strike in Iraq.  You think it’s different because that drone strike was meant to kill combatants in a war zone who were enemies of the USA, rather than a bunch of antifa protestors who were protesting in front of Trump a tower in NYC that he had rounded up, but at the end of the day, both groups hate America, and so there is no difference, even if one group was American civilians.”

Cracks are beginning to appear:

New York (CNN)One of Donald Trump's favorite newspapers — controlled by his media ally Rupert Murdoch — says Trump is "unworthy to be this country's chief executive again."

Those words, in this weekend's New York Post, may be the tabloid's strongest critique of Trump yet.

It was published online on Friday evening, around the same time another Murdoch publication, the Wall Street Journal, also published an editorial harshly critiquing the former president.
The Journal called him "The President Who Stood Still on Jan. 6" and praised Vice President Mike Pence. "Character is revealed in a crisis, and Mr. Pence passed his Jan. 6 trial. Mr. Trump utterly failed his," the Journal editorial stated

On All Things Considered yesterday, they referred to Jan. 6 as an attempted coup. No more pussy-footing. I hope other outlets do the same.
Call it what it was.
I still get angry thinking of all those years CNN and others would call Trump's lies misrepresentations or unsupported statements or whatever other euphemism they would choose. 

I'll save the tediously cynical a post:
No, I don't expect using accurate language to change the world. Knowing that does not prevent me from making an observation and discussing it.
The nothing-will-happeners have made their point. Their posts are more impotent than anything they criticize. We know, you're cynical. It will shock you to know that the rest of us are as well; we just don't make feckless predictions at every turn.

My predictions are not feckless. They have lots of feck.
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Are we supposed to believe that editorials in the NEW YORK Post and the WSJ are going to have any influence on his Army of Rubes?

No, but I still believe that Trump must supplement "his base" of morons with more conventional Republicans and those who just think they're voting their pocketbooks.

That, particularly the WSJ, may reach some of them.

Of course, the problem is no longer confined to Donald Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, Red Five said:

"Here check out this video of Trump murdering like 100 people."

"Actually, it's not technically illegal for a sitting president to murder people...."

I mean, it does kind of make a difference whether there are laws on the books or not.  It's not really "technical" at all.

One of the reasons I say this is that, as a law dog who thinks we have too many laws on the books, especially criminal ones at the federal level, and the penalties for violations of those laws are too harsh, I also think that we do not have adequate laws on the books to address Trump's type of "misbehaviors" and that the penalties for them are too lenient.  

One of the reasons we don't is congressional and executive self-interest, and that's nasty.  The other is that such laws (see Alien and Sedition Act, of which Seditious Conspiracy is the last remaining shred) are highly susceptible to being politically weaponized.  A third, and significant reason is that elections are mostly creatures of state law, so it is state law that addresses various forms of election interference.  Unfortunately, in most of the swing states where Trump interfered, the government is controlled by loyal followers who won't invoke those laws against him.  Fulton County Georgia being an exception.

Thankfully, heretofore, we have not had much need for such laws.  But here we are.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

No, but I still believe that Trump must supplement "his base" of morons with more conventional Republicans and those who just think they're voting their pocketbooks.

That, particularly the WSJ, may reach some of them.

Of course, the problem is no longer confined to Donald Trump.

This is The Ledge's concern, dude. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

My predictions are not feckless. They have lots of feck.

All would agree that your posts are fecked up. Now, if you could only feck yourself.

I also need to be clearer. I meant the vacant cynicism that prompts "nothing will happen" every time a some new development emerges. Most, if not all, of those posting this are persons whose opinions I respect. 

• Haha 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement