A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

5 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I wasn't clear that Trump's "plan" required forcing them there.  Obviously it would be exactly an internment camp if they were forced and that's bad, m'kay. But a simple designated area with services and facilities for the homeless? I could get behind that.

How about actual buildings and not tents?

Of course, that would mean Trump would have to build walls. Good luck with that. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Now I have fallen through my own rabbit hole as I like this approach.   My concept was Homeless Island where we would have all the drugs/booze, medical care, etc and you could choose to just live there and od or clean up and move back to wherever.   We would film it as a reality tv show and use that money to fund it.    Catalina Island would be a fun choice.    

spacer.png

48 minutes ago, kibbles said:

My concept was Homeless Island where we would have all the drugs/booze, medical care, etc and you could choose to just live there and od or clean up and move back to wherever. 

Aren't you supposed to provide an incentive for people to leave?  That sounds pretty fucking awesome.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

NSIS. I didn't want to admit it, but I didn't think it was such a bad idea. Giant homeless camp with facilities and services. Controlled environment. Other than forcing homeless people inside the walls possibly against their will, what's so wrong with this concept?

Yes, and teach them to work at these camps.  It's a tried and true practice.

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Everyone is overlooking the fact that he's proposing these tent cities for homeless right in the backyards of his biggest supporters. 

They're really not going to like that.

Lol, they love it, he's god to them, infallible, never forget.

Edited by 'stache

16 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Yes, and teach them to work at these camps.  It's a tried and true practice.

spacer.png

yes, they could ride trains to get there and IBM could be tasked with identifying and tracking them.   what could go wrong?

not to say that a safe humane place for homeless to go/live is a bad idea.  But that's not really the vibe i would get if say his good buddy Stephen Miller implemented the program.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I wasn't clear that Trump's "plan" required forcing them there. 

I may be wrong, but I believe he mentioned something in the same speech about the police. I'll see if I can find the quote...here it is:

"We have to leave our police alone. Every time they do something, they're afraid they're going to be destroyed and their pensions taken away. Let them do their job. Give them back the respect they deserve....We must be tough, be nasty, and be mean."

Rick needs to open up the bar on the Ledge...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kibbles said:

Now I have fallen through my own rabbit hole as I like this approach.   My concept was Homeless Island where we would have all the drugs/booze, medical care, etc and you could choose to just live there and od or clean up and move back to wherever.   We would film it as a reality tv show and use that money to fund it.    Catalina Island would be a fun choice.    

Or maybe just Utah or Missouri ... places that nobody has any other use for.

On 7/25/2022 at 5:49 PM, F250 said:

How many conferences do these people have? It seems like there is some conservative conference going on every month.

They will keep having them as long as Dunn, Wilks, Koch and the rest of the uber wealthy keep funding them.  These conferences are nothing more than big Amway type cult sessions intent on recruitment and retention of the masses.    

Yeah, there's a grift angle too, but it's not the main angle.  

5 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

They will keep having them as long as Dunn, Wilks, Koch and the rest of the uber wealthy keep funding them.  These conferences are nothing more than big Amway type cult sessions intent on recruitment and retention of the masses.    

Yeah, there's a grift angle too, but it's not the main angle.  

I agree with the bolded part. It seems that it's designed to keep the base motivated similar to the Trump rallies. Conferences used to be a gathering of policy wonks but now these things are about bread and circuses with WWE themed entrances and merch.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Can we just jump to the point where republicans refuse to pay for the exact services he was suggesting?

We're putting it on Mexico's tab.

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Everyone is overlooking the fact that he's proposing these tent cities for homeless right in the backyards of his biggest supporters. 

They're really not going to like that.

Trump could personally instruct the homeless to take a shit on every GOP voter's front steps, while Trump is fucking their wives/husbands in the ass, and they would marvel at the brilliance of his vision. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

I agree with the bolded part. It seems that it's designed to keep the base motivated similar to the Trump rallies. Conferences used to be a gathering of policy wonks but now these things are about bread and circuses with WWE themed entrances and merch.

Toothless Redneck:  Who knew pol'tics could be so damn entertainin'!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kibbles said:

Catalina Wine Mixer GIF by Demi Lovato

10 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Toothless Redneck:  Who knew pol'tics could be so damn entertainin'!

Then you have The Nudge, Kid Rock, Chachi, and Chuck Woolery show up and things get lit once the meth kicks in.

6o48ln.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Then you have The Nudge, Kid Rock, Chachi, and Chuck Woolery show up and things get lit once the meth kicks in.

6o48ln.gif

Don’t leave out James Woods and Jon Voight, Kirstie Alley and that loser actor who played some kind of medieval character on tv, Kevin something. 

On 7/25/2022 at 5:49 PM, F250 said:

How many conferences do these people have? It seems like there is some conservative conference going on every month.

It's an interesting phenomenon.  But because they don't advocate any policies that people can really vote on, it's like a live twitter session.

They have to do it to keep people engaged.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement