A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

On 7/29/2022 at 1:02 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

His old-age, downward slide seems to be accelerating.  Hopefully, all these investigations are taking an internal toll on him.   Come on, cardiac arrest or stroke!!!!

The investigation and his obsession with his loss.  The guy is one of the all-time great and prolific liars, but sticking to just the one lie, for going on two years, proves that lying is toxic to the soul.  Even for the soulless.

5 hours ago, Woland said:

North Texas has Whiteright Pizza. Besides having Trump and Greg Abbott specialty pizzas, the owner has advocated changing the name of Fannin County to Trump County.

https://whitewrightpizza.com/menu

Whitewright.

It is a town in Texas.  Named for William Whitewright, a New York investor who founded it.

Notably home of 1LT Joe T. Meador, the "anti Monument Man." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft_of_medieval_art_from_Quedlinburg

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not sure how old this is (it's not recent), but had never seen it before. It's the word "seething" come to life for one former president:

It was also the alma mater of (I believe) our qb Swoops.  Went 1-11 or something his senior year and people said he’s going to lead us the the promised land.  I played at that level of football and I assure you if anyone on any team and any position could lead a d 1 team to promised land, he wasn’t going 1-11. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

It was also the alma mater of (I believe) our qb Swoops.  Went 1-11 or something his senior year and people said he’s going to lead us the the promised land.  I played at that level of football and I assure you if anyone on any team and any position could lead a d 1 team to promised land, he wasn’t going 1-11. 

Yeah but he gets a pass for that OT Superman game winner against Norte Dame. 

"Swoops should starts."

-That loss to Kansas, dude in front of me.

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I assume there’s a tax break involved in this. What a weird motherfucker. 

How does Ivanka, Don Jr, and Eric allow this to happen to their mom? Their dad cheated on her, allegedly raped her, and now buries her at a golf course for tax breaks. And her children just allowed it to happen.

Im sure there may be some huge memorial there someday, but no woman begs to be buried alone at her ex husbands golf course.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Woland said:

Typo. So sue me.

However, I know a Meador from that area. Now I will have to do my research. Thanks!

There was a slight implication that the name is racist, like some other places in our fair state.  But it's not.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

How does Ivanka, Don Jr, and Eric allow this to happen to their mom? Their dad cheated on her, allegedly raped her, and now buries her at a golf course for tax breaks. And her children just allowed it to happen.

Im sure there may be some huge memorial there someday, but no woman begs to be buried alone at her ex husbands golf course.

That's not actually the statutory law, and, like about 75% of twitter, is completely wrong.

7. a. A cemetery company organized in accordance with this act after December 1, 1971 shall not operate a cemetery unless the company is a nonprofit corporation organized and operated in compliance with Title 15A of the New Jersey Statutes and has been issued a certificate of authority to do so by the board.

A cemetery company must be a) non-profit and b) registered with the state.  Anything not a cemetery company receives no tax benefits.

So, whatever the bizarre explanation for this is, it's not the above.

• Like 2

Can you imagine a place where Trump decides he wants to be buried, and then his kids sell plots on the same land so that his supporters can get fleeced one more time in death by being buried next to him (nowhere near next to him). And there would be tickets, tour guides and concession stands along the way.

• Like 3

Trump being a shitty, lying cheat at golf is well known. The NYT did their bet to follow him around during the LIV pro-am.

Yep, he sucks

The format for the pro-am was that each group would select the best tee shot and then play their second shots from that spot. For the rest of the hole, they were expected to play their own ball, wherever it came to rest. It often made it impossible to assign exact scores for any player, but on the par-4 first hole, Trump needed five strokes to get his ball in the hole for a bogey.

But on the second hole, a telling rhythm for the day’s journey was set by Trump, and it defied the polite golf protocol of waiting your turn.

After hitting his second shot to the green, Trump ignored other players in his group who had yet to hit and jumped into his cart and roared ahead. He parked within a few feet of the putting surface (also a no-no since it can damage the delicate short grass in that area). Standing in the fairway half a hole behind Trump, Johnson yelled ahead since he had yet to play his second shot and could have beaned the former president near the green.

Trump put his cart in reverse and moved out of range. But his barge-ahead style of play continued for much of the round. Often, Trump had putted out on a hole while his playing companions were still 125 yards away in the fairway.

By that point, Trump had registered, at best, one par. He had also not finished a hole after his blast from a bunker had failed to reach the green and was nestled in some nasty rough. Instead, he had his caddie pick up the ball and march to the next tee. On another hole, when a birdie putt rolled nearly six feet past the hole, he casually scooped the ball up to end the hole, apparently conceding himself a par. Try that this weekend in your match with your usual foursome. Or any foursome.

At other times, a Trump mis-hit would simply be ignored. As if understanding the drill, his caddie would retrieve the golf ball from the sand or deep rough and walk forward.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

So he cheats at golf just like he does at everything else?  I am shocked, I tell you, absolutely shocked.

Is this the first you’re hearing about it? Rick Reilly wrote a book about it three years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/dec/10/rick-reilly-donald-trump-golf-commander-in-cheat-book-interview

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's not actually the statutory law, and, like about 75% of twitter, is completely wrong.

7. a. A cemetery company organized in accordance with this act after December 1, 1971 shall not operate a cemetery unless the company is a nonprofit corporation organized and operated in compliance with Title 15A of the New Jersey Statutes and has been issued a certificate of authority to do so by the board.

A cemetery company must be a) non-profit and b) registered with the state.  Anything not a cemetery company receives no tax benefits.

So, whatever the bizarre explanation for this is, it's not the above.

Yeah, I know jack about NJ burial law. But if it was as easy as dig a hole and pay no taxes, just about every house and business would have a burial plot in the back.

Maybe they will eventually clean up and improve the area around Ivanas plot but it comes across like they found an out of bounds spot off the 6th cart path and dropped her in a hole.  It doesn’t matter to a dead person but you would think her kids would be willing to make it look a bit better than it is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe they will eventually clean up and improve the area around Ivanas plot but it comes across like they found an out of bounds spot off the 6th cart path and dropped her in a hole.  It doesn’t matter to a dead person but you would think her kids would be willing to make it look a bit better than it is.

At least they didn't auger a vertical borehole for her.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Is this the first you’re hearing about it? Rick Reilly wrote a book about it three years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/dec/10/rick-reilly-donald-trump-golf-commander-in-cheat-book-interview

it's very well known, but i wish it was more well known (weller known, if you will).  it seems like one of the only character flaws that would resonate with his supporters.  though i guess a lot of them can't really afford to golf as a hobby.

46 minutes ago, threesheets said:

They'd just say "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" while grinning and thinking it's clever.

yeah, but cheating at golf isn't like cheating on your taxes or cheating on your wife.  people actually get their feelings hurt with golf.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

We need to find a way to make him read this.  Probably one of the more likely things to make him stroke out.

I actually downloaded Rick Reilly's 'Commander in Cheat' book today and am about halfway through it. Reilly's known Trump for over 30 years, golfed with him, interviewed him, etc. Dotard's staff told Trump to ignore the book and to absolutely not comment or tweet about it since that would just result in more sales.

It's pretty much everything you'd expect. Everyone knows Trump cheats at a preposterous level, and as much as that eats at the souls of the golf fanatics, pro golfers, and you know...not shitty human beings who know it's wrong to cheat...they pretty much to a man say "yeah, it's ridiculous. But we had a fun time."

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement