A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm gonna go on the record and say i would prefer this to a 2nd trump presidency.

Putin riding the Trump Horse : r/PoliticalHumor

watching Trump obsequiously suck Putin's cock with pence-like enthusiasm would be a hoot.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/30/2022 at 11:59 AM, Woland said:

North Texas has Whiteright Pizza. Besides having Trump and Greg Abbott specialty pizzas, the owner has advocated changing the name of Fannin County to Trump County.

https://whitewrightpizza.com/menu

Someone left a reasonable 3/5 review on yelp basically saying the crust was hard and the toppings scarce and the the owner responded in typical trump supporter snowflake fashion. Why are Trumps fans the biggest whiniest bitches out there?

F6991C32-7E5A-4FAE-B463-F10382482D26.thumb.jpeg.8b443502e3345aa649fa460ffb98edb4.jpeg

https://www.yelp.com/biz/whitewright-pizza-whitewright?hrid=8y9PGeRpzpY0VbG1kionBA&utm_source=ishare&utm_content=review

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I actually downloaded Rick Reilly's 'Commander in Cheat' book today and am about halfway through it. Reilly's known Trump for over 30 years, golfed with him, interviewed him, etc. Dotard's staff told Trump to ignore the book and to absolutely not comment or tweet about it since that would just result in more sales.

It's pretty much everything you'd expect. Everyone knows Trump cheats at a preposterous level, and as much as that eats at the souls of the golf fanatics, pro golfers, and you know...not shitty human beings who know it's wrong to cheat...they pretty much to a man say "yeah, it's ridiculous. But we had a fun time."

So the GF's (recently deceased) Uncle was a life-long new yorker and avid golfer.  He belonged to a country club, had some dough, etc.   At the end of their lives, they moved out here to be near their daughter. 

A year or two ago, we were having lunch and bullshitting.  GF asks Uncle if he was ever around Trump.  Uncle says "yeah, he's an asshole and he cheats at golf".   Said that he'd never played with Trump but a buddy of his had.  Trump hits a shot into the woods.  Everybody is looking for Trump's ball.  His buddy spots a ball with Trump's logo on it, and right as he bends over to pick it up, Trump's standing in the middle of the fairway, waving his arms, yelling "found it".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Covri said:

Someone left a reasonable 3/5 review on yelp basically saying the crust was hard and the toppings scarce and the the owner responded in typical trump supporter snowflake fashion. Why are Trumps fans the biggest whiniest bitches out there?

F6991C32-7E5A-4FAE-B463-F10382482D26.thumb.jpeg.8b443502e3345aa649fa460ffb98edb4.jpeg

https://www.yelp.com/biz/whitewright-pizza-whitewright?hrid=8y9PGeRpzpY0VbG1kionBA&utm_source=ishare&utm_content=review

This response is supposed to be ironic right? Or does he not see it, plain as day?

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

So the GF's (recently deceased) Uncle was a life-long new yorker and avid golfer.  He belonged to a country club, had some dough, etc.   At the end of their lives, they moved out here to be near their daughter. 

A year or two ago, we were having lunch and bullshitting.  GF asks Uncle if he was ever around Trump.  Uncle says "yeah, he's an asshole and he cheats at golf".   Said that he'd never played with Trump but a buddy of his had.  Trump hits a shot into the woods.  Everybody is looking for Trump's ball.  His buddy spots a ball with Trump's logo on it, and right as he bends over to pick it up, Trump's standing in the middle of the fairway, waving his arms, yelling "found it".  

The book is full of these stories, from club members, tour pros, celebrities, etc. RR went to the caddy shack at one of Trump's clubs and interviewed several caddies. One looked him dead in the eye and said "Donald Trump. Never. Cheats. At Golf." 

After a few seconds of silence Reilly let out "oh, he tips the caddies to cheat FOR him!" That brought out the big laughter and more stories. His golf game in a nutshell:

• plays fast, and can hit it surprisingly long off the tee for an old guy (Bill Clinton is quoted as saying Trump outdrove him on every hole)
  • is a decent to good putter, but he rakes any putt of his that's inside of 10'
  • his short game is dogshit. Can't chip or pitch to save his life (although in a match with Reilly gave himself a "gimme" on a chip!)
  • dozens of stories of him hitting into the water or ridiculously out of bounds, but because he has the fastest golf car (always cart #1 at one of his clubs) and his caddy is always forecaddying for him his balls are always found in an improved position or a lie. And if the match is tight, his caddy will kick his opponent's ball off the green and into the shit

The book also goes into great detail on his ridiculous golf course designs (waterfalls), his many country club misses (Aberdeen, LA, Doral), his few hits (Bedminster, Turnberry) and his standard process of buying something cheap (usually in bankruptcy), claiming he's going to invest hundreds of millions (usually 10 cents on the dollar), then loses money. 

The most infuriating story so far is about a painting contractor (Juan Carlos Enriquez) who was hired for a remodel at Doral. Trump stiffed him on the final $30K due at the end of the six figure project. The little mom 'n pop painter sued him, spent years in court, won, won again on appeal, and eventually got north of $300K (most of which went to legal fees). So the guy almost lost his business and was stiffed for years....and voted for him anyway.

• Rage+1 1

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/07/29/donald-trump-pga-saudi-arabia-00048175

In the past few months, a bitter civil war has engulfed the genteel world of professional golf, sparked by the arrival of a flashy upstart tour called LIV Golf. (It rhymes with “give.”) The new tour, whose chief financial backer is Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, has successfully lured a handful of big-name golfers away from the PGA Tour with the promise of nine-figure salaries, more generous tournament purses, and glitzy amenities. The tour has responded by banning rebel golfers from its events, a move that has caught the attention of the U.S. Justice Department, which has reportedly begun investigating the tour for potential antitrust violations.

Unsurprisingly, the new tour has won the enthusiastic support of former Golfer-in-Chief Donald Trump, who has been unceremoniously exiled from the conservative golfing establishment. In June 2016, the PGA Tour pulled a prominent tournament from the Trump National Doral Miami Resort after then-candidate Trump made racist comments about immigrants on the campaign trail. In January 2021, PGA of America followed suit early, pulling the PGA Championship — one of professional golf’s four major tournaments — from Trump’s course in Bedminster after the Jan. 6, 2021, riots. The PGA’s decision reportedly “gutted” Trump, who has responded by urging golfers to abandon the PGA Tour and “take the money” being offered by LIV. This weekend, Trump is playing host to the third tournament of the LIV tour at his course in Bedminster, N.J., with another tournament scheduled to tee off at Trump’s Doral course in Florida at the end of October.

Much has been made of the sheer Trumpiness of this weekend’s event, with its clear undertones of revenge, casual acceptance of Saudi blood money, and callous disregard for the grievances of 9/11 families, who have beseeched Trump to spurn the Saudis out of respect for the memories of their deceased family members and who are airing ads condemning the tournament.

But lost in all the coverage of Trump’s support for the new tour, though, is the fact that Trump tried to pull off a nearly identical gambit over three decades ago. In the 1980s, Trump, then a rising star in New York’s real estate scene, backed an insurgent football venture called the United States Football League, attempting — unsuccessfully — to force a merger with the NFL. The definitive account of Trump’s ill-fated involvement with the USFL comes from Jeff Pearlman’s 2018 bestseller, Football for a Buck: The Crazy Rise and Crazier Demise of the USFL, which recounts the ignominious three-year history of the league.

I recently spoke with Pearlman on the phone about the parallels between the two Trump-backed insurgencies and whether Trump has learned anything from his first abortive effort to blow up a professional sports league.

Spoiler

Ian Ward: I’m curious to hear your reaction to one of Trump’s recent posts on Truth Social about the spat between the PGA Tour and LIV. Here’s what he wrote: “All of those golfers that remain ‘loyal’ to the very disloyal PGA, in all of its different forms, will pay a big price when the inevitable MERGER with LIV comes, and you get nothing but a big ‘thank you’ from PGA officials who are making Millions of Dollars a year.”

Jeff Pearlman: Holy shit — he said that?

Ward: Yeah.

Pearlman: Holy cow! That’s amazing. I’m blown away. I mean, I shouldn’t be blown away. He just doesn’t give a shit.

Ward: How did Trump first get involved with the USFL?

Pearlman: The USFL was a spring football league, and the plan was always for it to be a spring football. It was not going to be a direct rival to the NFL. And then Trump came along when he bought the New Jersey Generals after the 1983 season, and he said everything you would say if you were entering the league: “I love this league, it’s great, their plan is fantastic, this is great.” But as soon as he became an owner, he started talking about how the league needed to move to fall. His line was, “If God wanted football in the spring, he wouldn’t have invented baseball.”

He pushed for a move to the fall and he pushed and he pushed, and eventually, he said that the USFL needed to take the NFL on directly. He really intimidated the other owners, and in a lot of ways, the other owners just didn’t want to deal with him. He was loud and brash and insulting in a meeting — they would cringe when he would talk. But the other owners let him talk to the networks about whether it’s worth moving to fall … and they all told him the same thing, which is that it would be suicide. He went back to the USFL owners and said, “They all love it. They think it’s a great idea.” He literally just lied about it all.

Ward: What did Trump want with a USFL team in the first place?

Pearlman: The only reason he bought a USFL team was to get in the NFL — there’s no debate about that. He tried buying the Baltimore Colts, but it didn’t work, but he made it very clear that he wanted a team in the NFL. To him, the NFL was old money. It was all-American, kind of dynastic families. Trump really wanted that, and they had no interest in him … Not that long after he bought the Generals, he had a secret meeting with the commissioner of the NFL, Pete Rozelle, where he basically said, “I’ll throw the USFL under the bus if it gets me an NFL franchise,” and Rozelle said, “There’s no chance I will ever give you an NFL franchise.”

So he saw the USFL as a vehicle to wedge his way in. That’s really what it was. He never gave two shits about the USFL as a league. He showed no interest in its growth or potential. He just saw it as a way [into the NFL] — “You don’t want me in the NFL here. I’m gonna find another way to do this.”

Ward: How did he ultimately try to make the jump from the USFL to the NFL?

Pearlman: The USFL sued the NFL, and the whole league came down to a lawsuit. The lawsuit was led by Trump and Roy Cohn — the infamous Roy Cohn — who hatched a plan to sue the NFL in an antitrust lawsuit, claiming that the NFL had a monopoly on TV in the fall, that it was deliberate, and that it gave the USFL no competitive chance. If the USFL won this lawsuit — and it was for an insane amount of money — the idea was the NFL would have to settle and would probably have to merge [with the USFL].

But the lawsuit was a disaster. I interviewed one of the jurors in the case, and she said that Trump made it all about himself. He testified repeatedly, and he was nothing short of abhorrent and disgusting and unlikable. And when the jury came back, they said, “You guys are right: the NFL has a monopoly, the NFL has [control of] TV, the NFL was trying to kill the USFL. But you guys have fucked up your own league so badly that we’re not giving you any money.” So the USFL ended up winning one dollar, which was tripled to three dollars as an antitrust suit. So they lost the lawsuit, and Trump washed his hands of it. He later called it “small potatoes,” and he moved on.

Ward: With all this talk about forcing a merger between the PGA and LIV, is Trump just recycling the playbook that he used against the NFL?

Pearlman: Here’s the thing: When I was working on the book during the 2016 election, I kept thinking that everything he did with the USFL was repeating itself on a national stage — and when I say everything, I mean everything. For example, when Trump was the owner of the New Jersey Generals, he signed Doug Flutie, who won the Heisman Trophy in 1984, to a huge deal to play quarterback. Flutie was a mediocre professional prospect — he was too small — but Trump sends a letter to the commissioner of the USFL and the other owners saying, “I’ve done you all a huge service by bringing Doug Flutie to the USFL,” and that he asked all the other owners to help pay Flutie’s contract. And I saw that and I thought, “That’s the Mexican wall — ‘We’re going to build it, but Mexico is going to pay for it.’”

Ward: It’s sort of ironic that he’s reusing this playbook, given that he failed spectacularly with it the first time. Do you think he learned anything from the failures of his campaign against the NFL?

Pearlman: No. Zero. I don’t think he’s capable.

One thing he did realize back then was, “Oh, there are no rules for me. I’m just going to lie, and I’m going to bullshit, and I’m going to continue to go after what I want, and if the other people have no interest in it, I don’t care. I’m not here for them. I’m here for me.” He just ran over everyone. There were these uber-rich businessmen in America who decided to own USFL franchises, and Trump, who wasn’t 40 years old yet, was just stomping all over them. He just had that ability to stomp all over people.

Ward: Were there any successful elements of Trump’s crusade against the NFL?

Pearlman: If you look at the change in the average NFL salary over time, it skyrocketed right when the USFL arrived, and that’s because USFL was going after NFL players. If you want to give Trump credit, you can give him credit for actually trying to sign former NFL stars to the Generals, and he did increase salaries. But again, did he do it for the betterment of humanity for the betterment of football players everywhere? No, he did it for himself.

Ward: Obviously it’s too early to know whether Trump’s support will help or hurt LIV. But based on this background, do you think he stands a chance of winning?

Pearlman: I actually don’t know what it means for him to win, and I don’t even think he knows what it means to win. I think he can’t resist it. He’s always loved golf, he loves golfers, and he loves being surrounded by famous people who suck up to him — and golf is a pretty good avenue for that.

Ward: Are there any lessons from the history of Trump’s fight with the NFL that might be useful for understanding his latest feud with the PGA?

Pearlman: I think the biggest lesson from the USFL is that he is always out for himself. You can’t assume anything he says is honest, you can’t assume anything he says has anything to do with the good of the league or of the sport, you can’t assume any statistics he cites are real, and you can’t assume any conversations he refers to actually happened. You just have to begin from the base idea that whatever he’s doing has something to do with his own game.

At the end of the day, that’s the biggest parallel: It is 100 percent about him and his publicity. It’s just about him.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Trump will go fully aggy. Hope Marla and Melania are happy to see where they will be buried. I fully expect Trump will have a leaderboard installed so they will always know their favorite asshole ex's golf score and know how much he is cheating that day. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Gimme C!

Gimme a U!

Gimme an N!

Gimme a T!

What's that spell?

The amount of hate contained in that cretin is unending. What an awful existence he has had. Almost eight decades of being angry at the world for not giving him everything he wants. 

You almost think that can’t be real, but it is. Just an incredible display of narcissism, hatred and evil. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

The amount of hate contained in that cretin is unending. What an awful existence he has had. Almost eight decades of being angry at the world for not giving him everything he wants. 

You almost think that can’t be real, but it is. Just an incredible display of narcissism, hatred and evil. 

And deplorables adore him for it

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Trump will go fully aggy. Hope Marla and Melania are happy to see where they will be buried. I fully expect Trump will have a leaderboard installed so they will always know their favorite asshole ex's golf score and know how much he is cheating that day. 

I’m pretty sure the negotiation for the grave went like this.

“The standard 6 foot grave is $500”

Trump: “will you do 3 feet for one fiddy?”

6 months later
“Mr Trump can I have my $150 you owe me for the 3 foot grave”

Trump: “I thought you were doing it because you loved Ivanka. I didn’t know you wanted money. Sorry.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

The most infuriating story so far is about a painting contractor (Juan Carlos Enriquez) who was hired for a remodel at Doral. Trump stiffed him on the final $30K due at the end of the six figure project. The little mom 'n pop painter sued him, spent years in court, won, won again on appeal, and eventually got north of $300K (most of which went to legal fees). So the guy almost lost his business and was stiffed for years....and voted for him anyway.

I imagine most of his vendors end up settling for a percentage of invoiced amounts and someone taking Trump to judgement is the rare situation.

Trump is one of the businessmen who go into a deal planning to sue or screw over the other side. I imagine most of his reinvestment is in legal fees since that legally screwing people over is a major income stream.

Of course you have to laugh at the idea when his lawyers realize while they're defending him and most likely they're next in line to be underpaid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brandywine said:

When he dies I bet he'll want to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery. 

2 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

and awarded the CMH posthumously 

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

And POTUS MTG will make sure both happen. 

They will exhume the Unknown Soldier and bury Trump in his tomb. 

17 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

abd091e77b275cbaa6bb737db27edc15.jpg

Trump will probably install a 24 foot statue of himself at the head of the combined gravesites of his 3 wives.

Here lie the 3 wives of PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP, America’s Greatest President. Who humbly served our country from 2016-2028, but in our hearts forever.  

Edited by Brandywine

10 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Wherever it is, it better have good security because I’m going to piss on it yearly.

I'm gonna "pour one out" yearly.  And by "pour one out" I mean blast a runny taco bell dump right on the headstone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

There's gonna be plenty of Trump related stuff to piss and shit on. Every rural county in America is gonna build a statue of this guy when he finally croaks. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see some dirt poor shit hole region try and build some massive Christ the Redeemer style monstrosity. Of course it'll be made of asbestos and sealing wax and paid for by taxpayers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Wherever it is, it better have good security because I’m going to piss on it yearly.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm gonna "pour one out" yearly.  And by "pour one out" I mean blast a runny taco bell dump right on the headstone.

Sounds like this will be a visit best conducted early in the AM before the crowds gather. I don't wanna get caught-up in the crossfire.

reservoir dogs gifs Page 4 | WiffleGif

There's gonna be plenty of Trump related stuff to piss and shit on. Every rural county in America is gonna build a statue of this guy when he finally croaks. 
Wouldn't be surprised to see some dirt poor shit hole region try and build some massive Christ the Redeemer style monstrosity. Of course it'll be made of asbestos and sealing wax and paid for by taxpayers.

There will be a school named after him. It will be a charter school, funded completely with vouchers, that never reports its accountability scores.
  • Like 1

There will be a school named after him. It will be a charter school, funded completely with vouchers, that never reports its accountability scores.

Charter schools would be perfect for him. You raise capital, put friends and family on the board, award contracts to friends, family, accept bribes, launder money, accept public funding, give green cards for teachers, then go out of business.

The only thing holding him back is that he thinks charter schools are flight schools. And he doesnt believe enough people want to become pilots. No matter how many times Betsy Devos told him, he would never understand.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement