A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

23 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

That's an incredible article.  The top of the chain at all these important positions are populated by people that moved up over decades by showing their loyalty to the constitution.  Trump was stuck with them because he was new at the game.  Now, if there was a second Trump term, he's already got a rolodex of Patel, Cohen and Tatas that would be there from day one.  There would be no guardrails. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Milley's resignation letter. 

In the days after the Lafayette Square incident, Milley sat in his office at the Pentagon, writing and rewriting drafts of a letter of resignation. There were short versions of the letter; there were long versions. His preferred version was the one that read in its entirety:

"I regret to inform you that I intend to resign as your Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Thank you for the honor of appointing me as senior ranking officer. The events of the last couple weeks have caused me to do deep soul-searching, and I can no longer faithfully support and execute your orders as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It is my belief that you were doing great and irreparable harm to my country. I believe that you have made a concerted effort over time to politicize the United States military. I thought that I could change that. I’ve come to the realization that I cannot, and I need to step aside and let someone else try to do that.

Second, you are using the military to create fear in the minds of the people—and we are trying to protect the American people. I cannot stand idly by and participate in that attack, verbally or otherwise, on the American people. The American people trust their military and they trust us to protect them against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and our military will do just that. We will not turn our back on the American people.

Third, I swore an oath to the Constitution of the United States and embodied within that Constitution is the idea that says that all men and women are created equal. All men and women are created equal, no matter who you are, whether you are white or Black, Asian, Indian, no matter the color of your skin, no matter if you’re gay, straight or something in between. It doesn’t matter if you’re Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Jew, or choose not to believe. None of that matters. It doesn’t matter what country you came from, what your last name is—what matters is we’re Americans. We’re all Americans. That under these colors of red, white, and blue—the colors that my parents fought for in World War II—means something around the world. It’s obvious to me that you don’t think of those colors the same way I do. It’s obvious to me that you don’t hold those values dear and the cause that I serve.

And lastly it is my deeply held belief that you’re ruining the international order, and causing significant damage to our country overseas, that was fought for so hard by the Greatest Generation that they instituted in 1945. Between 1914 and 1945, 150 million people were slaughtered in the conduct of war. They were slaughtered because of tyrannies and dictatorships. That generation, like every generation, has fought against that, has fought against fascism, has fought against Nazism, has fought against extremism. It’s now obvious to me that you don’t understand that world order. You don’t understand what the war was all about. In fact, you subscribe to many of the principles that we fought against. And I cannot be a party to that. It is with deep regret that I hereby submit my letter of resignation."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

We really need a Poindexter forum, for all the grammar and continuity error nerds.

What does the word really add to your sentence? And a comma? A fucking comma? And I believe Inuit is the proper nomenclature, Dude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It turned out that the generals had rules, standards, and expertise, not blind loyalty. The President’s loud complaint to John Kelly one day was typical: “You fucking generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?”

“Which generals?” Kelly asked.

“The German generals in World War II,” Trump responded.

“You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?” Kelly said.

But, of course, Trump did not know that. “No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,” the President replied. In his version of history, the generals of the Third Reich had been completely subservient to Hitler; this was the model he wanted for his military. Kelly told Trump that there were no such American generals, but the President was determined to test the proposition.

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, bluto said:

Regarding the military being used on civilians/protestors… wasn’t it done when the choppers flew a first down’s distance from protestors heads in downtown DC? 

Yes, in Lafayette Square. Don’t quote me but I want to say that happened on May 31, 2020, the day before the National Guard used flash grenades and chemical dispersants to clear peaceful protesters (and the media) from the square before Trump’s photo op at St. John’s Church. It may have been before that but it was around that same time. 

7 hours ago, HenryJames said:

image.gif.269a6d3be704f0c1c65910fc2c9ed91a.gif

It wasn't a short read but I started reading that article prepared that the big moment was Trump praising WW2 German generals. But instead that article was one crazy moment after another in regards to Trump's relationship to the military. 

I recommend everyone take the time to read it. 

One day there be a TV series about Trump's presidency. It will  have to be toned down to ensure people believe it really happened.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It wasn't a short read but I started reading that article prepared that the big moment was Trump praising WW2 German generals. But instead that article was one crazy moment after another in regards to Trump's relationship to the military. 

I recommend everyone take the time to read it. 

One day there be a TV series about Trump's presidency. It will  have to be toned down to ensure people believe it really happened.

They already made one

p13806563_b1t_v8_aa.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

These are allegedly photos of toilets in which Trump tried to flush documents. They appear in a new book coming from Maggie Haberman. Supposedly she received them from Trump staffers; the pic on the left is reportedly from the White House and the one on the right is from some foreign trip. I can neither confirm nor deny their authenticity but we have heard that Trump engaged in that behavior. Take it fwiw.

036579B1-35E5-46CD-BF66-B72FF93F3923.thumb.png.573024fac530e2a02f7ba9c203b7e113.png

https://www.axios.com/2022/08/08/trump-toilet-photos-maggie-haberman

• Hook 'Em 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement