A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

The Jan 6 committee waited until June to try to get text messages from the Secret Service, the FBI waits over a year to search for these boxes.  It's a miracle we ever convict anyone.

Shoulda told some local cops there was a black guy with weed in there. Woulda been raised that same day.

No way the feds apply or judge signs off on this unless they already had the goods. He fucked.

They don’t do this raid without dotting all i’s. But count me in the “it won’t matter” crowd. Somehow, the GQP will completely gut the DOJ or some such. We already live under a totalitarian government, they’re just waiting to come all the way back to power. And they won’t make the mistake of relinquishing it ever again.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It probably did go all the way to the Trump-appointed boss known as the director of the FBI. There’s zero reason for it to go to the President. In fact, there’s every reason for it not to, to maintain the integrity of the operation. Even in your MAGA conspiracy, why would they not have the Big Guy maintain plausible deniability? Do you think at all before regurgitating FOX or Breitbart?

My statement was in response to, “this is just good old ordinary, everyday law enforcement”.

no, it’s not.  It’s unprecedented and by very definition political.

For the 1000th time.  If they have the goods on Trump, fucking take him.  He is a narcissistic buffoon.

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

ill go with 'discussed' 

Maybe that too.  But I'm sticking with "sold."  Everything he does is for money.  He took those documents for one of two reasons: to cover up his crimes, in which case they wound up in his shitter, or to make money from them.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

If I had to place a bet on what happened, it would be that trump recently sold classified info that was part of what he stole in 2021.

This is what I have been hoping they would nail his ass for, selling information to an enemy of our country.  Something they can put him away for life with.

3 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Maybe that too.  But I'm sticking with "sold."  Everything he does is for money.  He took those documents for one of two reasons: to cover up his crimes, in which case they wound up in his shitter, or to make money from them.

he's also ego driven, so saying something classified around, maybe, the president of Hungary to impress him is very believable 

7 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

If I had to place a bet on what happened, it would be that trump recently sold classified info that was part of what he stole in 2021.

We all know the US has surveillance that is probably the best in the world.  What are the odds are that the the NSA/CIA/whatever acronym recently picked up some chatter information that only Trump had in his possession at one time prior to January 2021, and was probably in his possession post-office.

14 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

That’s my wet dream you’re betting on.  This is just a nothingburger - albeit a very tasty one.  

40 minutes ago, tchookem said:
1 hour ago, Incredulity said:
Which of those claims turned out to be true?

You're right. I can never find anyone that actually admits to voting for him, not even the people that somehow find a reason to defend and rationalize every shitty thing he did before, after, or since his presidency.

It has long since been buried pages deep in here but "Hillary won't be President" was one of the first threads started here after the Great Migration

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

We all know the US has surveillance that is probably the best in the world.  What are the odds are that the the NSA/CIA/whatever acronym recently picked up some chatter information that only Trump had in his possession at one time prior to January 2021, and was probably in his possession post-office.

Uh...they wiped them and deleted everything. Have you not been following? Then they got Alex Jones data dump which included the dump of lots of things including jan 6. 

The problem is they do not have any of the communications from Jan 6 onwards. Totally wiped. Gone. No one can get them deleted off the face of the planet. 

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That’s my wet dream you’re betting on.  This is just a nothingburger - albeit a very tasty one.  

Oh, to be clear I still think nothing will happen, other than maybe hastening the next civil war.  TFG committed treason on live tv on more than one occasion with no consequences.  He could shoot an army of nuns  walking down Fifth Avenue draped in the American flag and nothing would happen to him.  But if he was selling documents that would explain the timing of the search warrant many months after finding out he stole documents from the National Archives.

Edited by lemonlime
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Republicans in 2022:  Second look at defunding the police?

Republicans:
Back the Blue!
Party of Law and Order!
All those minorities who want to defund the police are shitty Americans!

Also Republicans:
The FBI is corrupt and should be disbanded!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Their worldview is not any more complex than that. Everything that happened at mar a Lago…if it happened 10,000 times and the target was a minority, that’s just good police work, back the blue! But when it happens to a white Republican, we’ll, that’s in inconceivable.

People whom the law binds, but does not protect. Vs people whom the law protects, but must not bind.

These people are 100% opposed to the rule of law. They are authoritarian terrorists.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement