A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

A man who got climate change/prescription drug prices/infrastructure/veterans care/expanding NATO and rebuilding its trust in the United States/modest gun control  etc.... done?

I’ll bet Biden isn’t exactly what Ayman al-Zawahiri expected. 

8 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

A man who got climate change/prescription drug prices/infrastructure/semiconductor research and invesment/veterans care/expanding NATO and rebuilding its trust in the United States/modest gun control  etc.... done?

Prescription drugs done? Are you grading on a curve cause this type 1 diabetic disagrees.

Just now, GenXer said:

Prescription drugs done? Are you grading on a curve cause this type 1 diabetic disagrees.

Off topic, but the private insurance insulin cap is being brought up as a standalone vote soon in the Senate, with the thought that it may attract the GOP votes without it being attached to reconciliation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Well I guess we should just turn it into a 3rd world country with a Dictator and none of us will be able to question major statistical anomolies in elections at all?  And, you are right, this country is going into the shitter quickly....

Can't tell if sarcastic?

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

This.  There will be a lot more violence if they try to prosecute Trump and disqualify him from running again for a reason that doesn’t seem like an awful, awful crime that everyone but the craziest of his supporters would at least feel uneasy about trying to defend.  If it’s not something horrible like selling state secrets, a whole lot of people - not just Q Shaman guy and that ilk, but a sizable percentage of the seemingly normal population - will go fucking nuts.

The only people who will go nuts are the ones who have already been going nuts for a few years. People who haven't given any indication to give a shit aren't just going to rise up now and start terrorist activities. It's going to be the usual suspects... proud cunts, oath fuckers, botton 3 percent-ers, etc. 

If the US government is scared to hold up the law against an attempted coup from Donald fucking Trump then the US should just turn it's global status in now and become a big Taiwan. 

I was thinking about this from the Republican criminal politician and traitor perspective and it's 100 percent that Trump has worn out his usefulness and is a hindrance now more than anything. Honestly, from a republican politician perspective, the best thing might be to violently kill Trump themselves and blame the dems and Biden. That would get the crazies really worked up. Especially if they did it in late October. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, GenXer said:

The Republicans were successful blocking the $35 cap on insulin. They would’ve done the same to any other Democratic administration. We’d like it if that bill did more but getting what they are getting passed is still a pretty significant achievement. Anyone else would’ve still had to deal with Manchin and Sinema too.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Did anyone look into his math record? I bet he was a B- student tops

I’m pretty sure he won a math competition in China as a young man. He was Ryan Gosling’s quant. 

6 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yeah, after this broke and I saw how it was going, the Ledge seemed like a good place to bunker not celebrate. The CPAC crowd, the Fox blitz, this is a tinderbox.

They are fucking sheep (not in the aggy way), which is why they are following Trump in the first place.  They aren’t rushing out to storm FBI buildings.  

Hell, out of that 74 million that voted for him, how could he not get, I don’t know, say 200,000 actively storming the Capitol after he had spent 8 months telling them the election would be stolen if he lost?  Why not 20,000 breaching the Capitol?  If they honestly believed Biden won a rigged election, but they weren’t willing to risk their lives or even a chance of an arrest, what does that say about them?

For a lot of these folks, Trump is a useful tool to lash out at the left, but they don’t view him as anything more than that, and certainly not worth risking a criminal record, jobs, etc. over.

And more than a few are probably wondering if Republicans are behind this, including DeSantis.

For the Republican base, yes. For non-Republicans, Independents went 54-41 for Biden (25% of the electorate) in 2020 after favoring Trump by 4 in 2016, 46-42. 
He keeps losing the middle. 

Most “independents” are not true independents. The slice of the electorate that actually flips between parties or splits tickets is ~10%, tops.

I think it’s probably fair to say that the number of independents that voted Trump in 2020, after four years of watching him in office, that would ever abandon him is probably very small.

5 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

The concern is about more than voting. Mass political violence typically requires a catalyst. A political faction needs some traumatic event to rally around. The fear is that this search and any subsequent prosecution could serve that role. 

I would not give short shift to how the events of the last ten days have animated the Democratic base.

Most “independents” are not true independents. The slice of the electorate that actually flips between parties or splits tickets is ~10%, tops.

I think it’s probably fair to say that the number of independents that voted Trump in 2020, after four years of watching him in office, that would ever abandon him is probably very small.

They will double down on supporting trump. To do otherwise they’d have to admit that the were conned for years by a vile and obvious grifter.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Tim Scott probably knows something. Prepare for a massive narrative-shift on the nightly shows.

He’s safe (primaries were a few months ago), and this is supposedly his last election.  It is extremely curious though - he’s been a voice of reason of sorts for the Republicans in Congress when Trump was taking things too far, to the point leadership wanted it dialed back.

He could be the canary in the coal mine though.  If you are Mitch and want Trump out of the way in time for DeSantis to really get going, Scott is a good messenger.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

He’s safe (primaries were a few months ago), and this is supposedly his last election.  It is extremely curious though - he’s been a voice of reason of sorts for the Republicans in Congress when Trump was taking things too far, to the point leadership wanted it dialed back.

He could be the canary in the coal mine though.  If you are Mitch and want Trump out of the way in time for DeSantis to really get going, Scott is a good messenger.

He's angling for priority boarding on the DeSantis express.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Satchel said:

Is everybody underwhelmed about the revelation of Alex Jones having sent a nude pic of his now former wife to Roger Stone?

I think that's in the AJ thread. Nobody is surprised by it though. Stone is a known swinger and Jones chases clout and craves validation.

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

I am afraid nothing will come out of this and the orange dude was tipped off about the raid 

it will be talked about how he is a victim etc  

I think the people on the right wouldn't be acting so surprised and flatfooted ruminating about Hunter Biden and Hillary. There would be solid talking points ready to go. They got what they were looking for.

Fascinating stuff. I'm liking the current trajectory. Biden peaking right before midterms. Evidence of crimes seemingly mounting against Trump and the walls slowly closing in. I hope he goes down in a terrific ball of flames and it is slow and ugly and we hear his screams until his last breath.  That would be nice.

I really hope the low point for the country was January 6, 2021 and that we are on the rebound.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I would not give short shift to how the events of the last ten days have animated the Democratic base.

To do what? Vote? Hand out fliers? March somewhere in pink hats?

Okay, yeah. Sure. But the Dems won’t be firing shots over this, and no one on the left or left-leaning media is even suggesting we’re at a point where they should even consider it (thank God). But they’re certainly talking about that shit on rightwing internets. 

Edited by BrickHorn

1 minute ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Fascinating stuff. I'm liking the current trajectory. Biden peaking right before midterms. Evidence of crimes seemingly mounting against Trump and the walls slowly closing in. I hope he goes down in a terrific ball of flames and it is slow and ugly and we hear his screams until his last breath.  That would be nice.

I really hope the low point for the country was January 6, 2021 and that we are on the rebound.

I hope he goes down like Nixon

1DE6D165-DB45-419E-B487-0981867DE8F8.jpeg.62de2cfffeb6c07827e3e79a1da10888.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

*Laughs in DeSantis*

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GenXer said:

In a massive victory for Democrats, Medicare is poised to negotiate drug prices

Oh sorry, I just saw the "this type 1 disagrees" part...I don't know the specifics of why that needed 60 votes other than it being a separate part but I do know that one political party voted against an insulin price cap and it wasn't Biden's party.

Just now, Gengs1 said:

it will be talked about how he is a victim etc  

all he's talked about for the past 6 years is that he's a victim. He couldn't cry more because it would be impossible.

55 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

There's a huge difference between questioning statistical anomolies and beating up police officers, breaking into the capitol, parading around like a maniac in a "shaman" costume, and then whining about it like a little bitch when you're brought to account for your actions. 

I totally agree, and don't condone the actions of those people and don't even know any of their political affiliation or motives.  

I'm just saying a lot of people like myself have moved own and "accepted" the results of the election but still have questions with no answers about all of the anomolies in the election that do not make sense.  But, we are asked to accept it and I have accepted it for the good of the country as 3rd worldish as that sounds.

I wish that Capitol event had never happened though.

• Fuck You 25

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

To do what? Vote? Hand out fliers? March somewhere in pink hats?

Okay, yeah. Sure. But the Dems won’t be firing shots over this, and no one on the left or left-leaning media is even suggesting we’re at a point where they should even consider it (thank God). But they’re certainly talking about that shit on rightwing internets. 

Yeah, they’re mad. But they were mad before yesterday. Dems are buoyed by seeing the  fruits of their labor and they understand just how much more can be accomplished by amped up sense of voting vigilance.

Just now, Azbadlands said:

I'm just saying a lot of people like myself have moved own and "accepted" the results of the election but still have questions with no answers about all of the anomolies in the election

So you have questions about "all of the anomolies" in the election that Trump and his myriad allies have overlooked and, despite 60 court cases, can't get in front of a judge?

Like what?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Azbadlands said:

I'm just saying a lot of people like myself have moved own and "accepted" the results of the election but still have questions with no answers about all of the anomolies in the election that do not make sense. 

If you're actually interested, post your questions here. We can probably clear things up for you in 15-20 mins. Whether or not you will accept our explanations is the rub.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

I totally agree, and don't condone the actions of those people and don't even know any of their political affiliation or motives.  

I'm just saying a lot of people like myself have moved own and "accepted" the results of the election but still have questions with no answers about all of the anomolies in the election that do not make sense.  But, we are asked to accept it and I have accepted it for the good of the country as 3rd worldish as that sounds.

you should make sure the sources of your information are there to provide you with information and not because they want you to believe a particular position

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So you have questions about "all of the anomolies" in the election that Trump and his myriad allies have overlooked and, despite 60 court cases, can't get in front of a judge?

Like what?

that's bait.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Option #1:  I bolded the part that lets me know you are 100% full of shit.  Just stop pretending.

Option #2:  What anomalies are you talking about?  Care to share them?  

You pick the one that makes the most sense to you.

• Hook 'Em 7

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement