A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I think he believes if there is some violence by the extreme right, a lot of the folks who are following along (i.e. the Fatties of the world who are one issue voters) will be so disgusted that they start realizing how fucked up Trump and his supporters really are.  At least that is what I think he meant.

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Exactly correct. 

i agree that you think that. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

Good. Let them get violent. 

Because it'll come up... When political violence becomes more normal and regular, can we talk about it in DT? Since terrorism is normally considered a "current event" and all that. Likewise as well when chuckleheads try to #bothsides things with feckless comparisons ala @clapclapclap, I think it may soon be time for an updated official policy that's clearly stated. 

At least, it'll give y'all some cover if the conservatives ever repeal section 230 so they can attack messages boards and social media for their moderation action

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, tchookem said:
11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:
I shit y'all not:  I'm watching the Angels (yeah, they fucking suck but Shohei's on the mound tonight), and about 2 minutes after I responded to this post, a cartoon commercial for "Venus" razors came on my TV, with some animated chick rapping about how it's cool to shave or not shave your bush

I do enjoy the commercial with the lady in the shower... in bra and panties... shaving her panty line.

Shark Tank Writing GIF

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

you don’t get it.

Here's the thing. Maybe turning a small portion of your base into angry, violent or crying bitches is good for fundraising. Maybe it's not sustainable. But Newton's Third Law of Motion is a real thing and when it comes to outright support for fascism the opposite reaction seems like a strong negative hit to the GQP's need to win elections. They have over-reached. They got their asses kicked in a Kansas abortion vote and again last night in 2 special elections. If you, however, "got it" I'm sure you'd have explained it.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That is Letitia James, correct? Oh that is not going to trouble him at all, at all. An intelligent African-American female attorney who has called him on the carpet to face consequences.....

very glad he has no twitter....

“She’s racist!”

“In New York City tonight. Seeing racist N.Y.S. Attorney General tomorrow, for a continuation of the greatest Witch Hunt in U.S. history!” Trump wrote beforehand on Truth Social, invoking his oft-repeated claims about James, who is Black, and the investigation.

“My great company, and myself, are being attacked from all sides,”Trump wrote beforehand on Truth Social, the social media platform he founded. “Banana Republic!”

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

4 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

“She’s racist!”

“In New York City tonight. Seeing racist N.Y.S. Attorney General tomorrow, for a continuation of the greatest Witch Hunt in U.S. history!” Trump wrote beforehand on Truth Social, invoking his oft-repeated claims about James, who is Black, and the investigation.

“My great company, and myself, are being attacked from all sides,”Trump wrote beforehand on Truth Social, the social media platform he founded. “Banana Republic!”

He is such a fucking titty baby.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

If you, however, "got it" I'm sure you'd have explained it.

You seem to think things like 'facts' and 'truth' matter at all. They don't. You need to recognize that we live in a post-truth world. What that means is there is no shared reality.

The idea that a court of law would present facts and that the evidence would be so damning that it would convince the right to see the truth assumes that there is a notion of 'truth'. There isn't, we've moved past that quaint idea.

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

You like our current state of radicalization with no counter measure available better? Once they start acting, counter-measures can be taken for real. 

walk me through your counter-measures...

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You seem to think things like 'facts' and 'truth' matter at all. They don't. You need to recognize that we live in a post-truth world. What that means is there is no shared reality.

The idea that a court of law would present facts and that the evidence would be so damning that it would convince the right to see the truth assumes that there is a notion of 'truth'. There isn't, we've moved past that quaint idea.

Similar to Jan 6 crowd. Jail, death by cop, public rebuke, significant personal financial loss, ruination of ones life. 

You know the stuff that comes alongside being an unwelcome member of society. 

• Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

He is such a fucking titty baby.

Indeed.  I notice the right has also decided to take and use the phrase "Banana Republic."  With the usual complete lack of self awareness. The accusation/confession meme here.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

57 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

What makes you think that would disgust the fatties of the world?  I imagine they’re all in.

I’ve been anti trump since his fat ass was elected. Literally destroyed the GOP party for decades, if not forever. Literally the moment our country began to die. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I’ve been anti trump since his fat ass was elected. Literally destroyed the GOP party for decades, if not forever. Literally the moment our country began to die. 

Yeah, but you may be able to get your boat.  Which is more important than the death of our country.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

something you think is honorable/worthwhile? or they think is honorable/worthwhile?

I know trump is dishonorable and worthless, apparently you do not.

And I have a job to go to.  Bye

Edited by AnTiM

47 minutes ago, immamac said:

You like our current state of radicalization with no counter measure available better? Once they start acting, counter-measures can be taken for real. 

Right. If They would start shooting Us so that We have an excuse to start shooting Them, then maybe we could prevent a civil war after all.

Edited by BrickHorn

33 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I said the opposite of what you ascribe. What I said was, the extreme-right's fascist eco-system does not seem like the recipe you want when it comes to winning elections. They've walled off their supporters from reality and they're making lots of money off the dumbfucks, but winning some elections they used to be able to count on is going to be a problem. (There's also the problems they're going to have when they continue to lose national popular votes by many millions but that's a different story).

Just now, Chopper said:

I said the opposite of what you ascribe. What I said was, the extreme-right's fascist eco-system does not seem like the recipe you want when it comes to winning elections. They've walled off their supporters from reality and they're making lots of money off the dumbfucks, but winning some elections they used to be able to count on is going to be a problem. (There's also the problems they're going to have when they continue to lose national popular votes by many millions but that's a different story).

The suburbs that were reliable for Dubya aren't so reliable anymore. It's hard to be fully MAGA when you depend on the normal people who surround you.

"Those videos that show Trump condemning people for taking the 5th were doctored by Hunter Biden using his infamous laptop and stored on Hillary's illegal server until they could be used to defame our rightful current president!"

-- Fox News tonight

"Those libtard Communist fucking bastards!"

-- The heavily armed 40% of our country watching Fox News tonight

Didn’t answer a single question and invoked the fifth? How is that not bad faith?

For example, depositions have tons of boring questions like “what’s your business address- what’s your role at the company” Answering those questions in no way incriminates him as to anything. Ballsy- especially after the contempt order in that case. I’d move for sanctions and a new deposition

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Didn’t answer a single question and invoked the fifth? How is that not bad faith?

Shit even Mark Fuhrman answered a question when he was recalled. I mean the question was “is it your intention to assert your fifth amendment privilege with regards to any question I may ask you?” But still, he answered it.

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

For example, depositions have tons of boring questions like “what’s your business address- what’s your role at the company” Answering those questions in no way incriminates him as to anything.

It could, if the answers are something like “Mar-a-Lago. Director of Sales of Highly Classified Documents.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

35 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Martyrdom. You’re describing martyrdom. 

So?

How much harm to my country am I to accept in order to avoid whatever consequences there are in creating martyrs?

How close do we allow Ashli Babbitt to get to the vice president? What if lethal force had been the only way to stop the Proud Boys raiding the Capitol?

If there is violence commited by Trumpists, I'm not the least concerned by the political/PR implications of the police or Army turning them into red mush martyrs.

I don't prefer the use of violence, but when it's called for, I'm not shy about thorough application of it.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, apparently Trump is giving his deposition to the NY AG today.  I'm kind of digging that he's probably agitated af.

I'm digging all of this.  While Trump is a veteran of civil cases, many or most of which he initiated, I'm relatively certain he's never been under the gun like this before.  His insecurity and ego have to be absolutely wilding out about now.

I would loooooooooove to be one of the lawyers deposing him.  

17 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

"Those videos that show Trump condemning people for taking the 5th were doctored by Hunter Biden using his infamous laptop and stored on Hillary's illegal server until they could be used to defame our rightful current president!"

-- Fox News tonight

"Those libtard Communist fucking bastards!"

-- The heavily armed 40% of our country watching Fox News tonight

I think it's actually a simpler pivot than that.  

"Yeah, but this is different because the deep state is after trump!  He has to take the 5th because WITCH HUNT!!!!!"

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think it's actually a simpler pivot than that.  

"Yeah, but this is different because the deep state is after trump!  He has to take the 5th because WITCH HUNT!!!!!"

Correct. They're argument- and fact-proof. They are irony-deaf demon fighters who want to be doing the witch hunting themselves.

I.W.

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Correct. They're argument- and fact-proof. They are irony-deaf demon fighters who want to be doing the witch hunting themselves.

I.W.

I actually get it.  It makes sense if you want to ignore reality.  They can make up anything in their brains that will exonerate him because he is their cult leader.  Anything he does that would normally be seen as "wrong" or "guilty" or whatever can be explained away because IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY AGAINST HIM!

1 minute ago, Eskimohorn said:

So you walk down some fancy stairs into the back of a couch? Am I taking crazy pills here?

They had to make room for the giant pool table in the middle of the furniture which disallows both comfortable conversation and playing pool because of similarly tight space.

I'm assuming off screen a tiger sleeps in an undersized cage beneath an enormous gold-framed painting of newly arrived Africans in chains being auctioned off to pasty white men in expensive clothes.

• Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement