A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

22 minutes ago, Horndog said:

But there has to be an actual question asked.  The Q and A can be shown to the jury. If the depo only lasted an hour they probably didn't cover much ground. 

I can't imagine not asking a bunch of questions if the person I was deposing was taking the 5th. It wouldn't take very long, but I would definitely go through and ask every key question related to my case. And if you're going to challenge his right to take the fifth, you have to make a record of what questions he would refuse to answer on that basis. I would have to think they did that. 

29 minutes ago, Horndog said:

But there has to be an actual question asked.  The Q and A can be shown to the jury. If the depo only lasted an hour they probably didn't cover much ground. 

You gotta wonder whether Jamesco insisted that he sit and invoke the privilege question-by-question.

I think that's your obligation, if your opponent insists.  But not a lot of opponents are gonig to want to sit through that.

I think the analysis is more like “2 + 2 = 4” and not “there are some dicks out there who will purposely ignore basic math” which is more your point 

2 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I can see all kinds of ways that a jury of 12 ends up with at least 1 dumbass who refuses to convict orange Jesus under any circumstance.

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I think the analysis is more like “2 + 2 = 4” and not “there are some dicks out there who will purposely ignore basic math” which is more your point 

Oh, 2 + 2 = 4, huh? Well, what about 1 + 3? What about 4 + 0? Well? What about it? You don't see the deep state going after the 1s and the 4s.

And you know what else? 4 is a fucking pedo. There, I said it.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, texas08 said:

Holy fuck, please save yourself from raising your blood pressure. DO NOT WATCH that totalitarian propaganda piece of shit video. My gawd, we are beyond fucked if half the country believes that stupid mind fucking shit. There is no question in my mind that he’s a fucking Russian spy. Those are some dangerous fucking videos full of fucking lies. Be ready to fight for this nation (or leave), but shit will not be pretty as soon as he’s convicted and not allowed to run in 2024.

How pretty will it be when he's elected again in 2024?

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

The part of that article that indicated the FBI hoped this would be a low key event was laughable. Nobody believed that. This was always going to be the reaction to a search warrant executed on Trump. 

Well, when the guy you're searching blabs it to the media, there isn't much you can do

16 minutes ago, The Dog said:

God bless that man

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

You gotta wonder whether Jamesco insisted that he sit and invoke the privilege question-by-question.

I think that's your obligation, if your opponent insists.  But not a lot of opponents are gonig to want to sit through that.

Why wouldn't you? You don't need to ask the lead up questions. Just ask the questions that matter most. 

11 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Why wouldn't you? You don't need to ask the lead up questions. Just ask the questions that matter most. 

i'm with you on this.  hell, unless you are strategizing somehow to do a continuance on the deposition after instructions from the court or something, i would use all seven hours with him and make him answer "i invoke my 5th amendment right and decline to answer the question" as many times as possible.  get it so you can say that in his deposition, 912 questions were asked and mr. trump invoked the right to not incriminate himself 912 times.

it is a hell of a hassle to get that lump of shit to sit captively...might as well take full advantage imo.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 6

5 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Why do you think the Oakley wearing, roided up, trumpy local cops are going to arrest any of these white nationalist fucksticks who they agree with?

Those local cops care about two things more than anything else: their pensions and their salaries.  Some white nationalist fucksticks who are wanting to overthrow the government are a threat to those two things. 

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

How pretty will it be when he's elected again in 2024?

Instead of engaging in this kind of buffoonery, Trump’s religious advisers should have explained to him this Christian eternal verity - your sins will find you out…eventually, and just when you think you’ve gotten away:

5 hours ago, Homercles said:

I know there’s a photo album thread somewhere, but beyond the disgusting actions it took for Trump to be able to take this photo that day…him holding the Bible in a staged, awkward way with a scowl on his face really seems to sum up his exploitative personality in general.

He’s sullied a symbol more sacred than that. Worse yet, he’s disrespected and trampled all over the document it represents.

1d544288056e94baeef478c8debe61a0.jpg

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I agree. These was no "low key" option. With Trump away, they didn't have to face his resistance which might have included bodily standing in their way with cameras rolling.

I see speculation that the snitch was someone at MAL. I wonder if Putin already has everything he wants (that would be everything, I suppose) and is tossing Trump aside like used condom to let him serve out his last value as an enemy of the republic. I'd say a former president accused of espionage would be a nice frosting on the shit cake Russia is forcing us to eat.

There’s nothing Putin would like more than to see Trump back in office, cut off aid to Ukraine, recognize occupied territories as part of Russia, and get back to dividing us from our allies. Not to mention continuing the division in our own country. And there would always be new classified secrets to divulge. Putin’s golden goose still has a lot more eggs to lay.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texas08 said:

Holy fuck, please save yourself from raising your blood pressure. DO NOT WATCH that totalitarian propaganda piece of shit video. My gawd, we are beyond fucked if half the country believes that stupid mind fucking shit. There is no question in my mind that he’s a fucking Russian spy. Those are some dangerous fucking videos full of fucking lies. Be ready to fight for this nation (or leave), but shit will not be pretty as soon as he’s convicted and not allowed to run in 2024.

Yeah, I don’t need to watch that video to know the gist of what’s in it. 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I pick Tiffany because she went to law school.  She ain't no dummy.

I'll play the speculation game, with the realization that it is almost always someone I've never heard of. 

I'll go with Rudy.  He is about spent out on any legal defenses, has been thrown under the bus by Trump, and ignored by the MAGAt world for fundraising.  Trump has been clear that Rudy is not his attorney, so there wouldn't any attorney privileges around where Trump is hiding classified shit.  Rudy's grand jury appearance was scheduled for August 9th, but I haven't heard an update on it. 

And, heh, if I want to go really speculative, on the Rudy thread it was mentioned that he had bought tickets to Rome and Zurich for travel at the end of July.  He didn't take the trip.  That thread implied he was fleeing law enforcement.  But, what if Rudy was reprising his role of Trump's shady negotiator to foreign powers? Back then, he was offering up military aid in exchange for an investigation into Burisma and interference in the 2016 election.  In doing so, he traveled to Europe (Vienna, Warsaw, in addition to Kiev) to meet with potential allies who would rather not travel to the US. But now, he doesn't have any influence over military spending.  He can't trade government largesse for his personal gain. If he knew Trump had documents that someone might be interested in, I could see him trying to shop that around, either for a pay day or for foreign support of Trump, believing he could extract some favor from Trump later.  And he is just stupid enough to do it.  I mean, the idea of that glob of shoe polish stumbling around Europe, trying to pawn off Trump's piles of office detritus to anyone with $50 is a perfect ending to his illustrious career.  The Coen Brothers are jealous that Burn After Reading couldn't capture the absurdity.  

Edited by Tuco
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

A little truth packed levity

This guy's rants are always pretty good. This might be the best one yet.

"These people are immune to irony and allergic to self-awareness."

"Some people on our side are like, 'I don't know if we should antagonize these people -- it might rile them up even further and motivate them to rally behind Trump even more.' That's like worrying about motivating a monkey to throw its own shit even more. Pretty sure they're gonna do it. OK? They're default state is 'riled up.' "

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement