A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'd think something that inflicts upon innocent bystanders, as opposed to people who voluntarily affiliate with the organization (lenders, NRA members, employees, etc.).

I feel like the NRA has inflicted upon plenty of innocent people

12 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Secret and top secret are v v different things.  I had secret as a summer intern at Raytheon.  My dad had TS and bureau dudes would show up at all my neighbors houses to question them about if the see us doing anything weird.  

Did your neighbors report that they saw you posting on Shaggy Bevo or Surly Horns?

12 hours ago, HenryJames said:

The Honorable @Steel Shank.

FOX turned their full attention to discrediting this guy, and this is the best they can do? The man in the picture isn't eating or drinking anything. The bottle and package are unopened. It's a posed picture likely as a joke that has been lifted out of any context so the lying blowhard meat puppet can rant.

The shrillness of FOX and the fact that their on air personalities were in regular touch with the traitor in chief leads me to wonder if some prosecution could be headed their way.

Man, I loathe the hate engine criminal cult. I want perp walks.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Again, all these people screaming about how outrageous this is, have no idea what's in the warrant or why the search happened.

Like if someone called you right now and said "Hey your friend Larry was arrested this morning". And your response was "Lets kill those cops who did that!!", as opposed to "why" or "what happened" or "what did he do". 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Red Five said:

Again, all these people screaming about how outrageous this is, have no idea what's in the warrant or why the search happened.

Like if someone called you right now and said "Hey your friend Larry was arrested this morning". And your response was "Lets kill those cops who did that!!", as opposed to "why" or "what happened" or "what did he do". 

seriously.  this is a very surprising reaction from a group of people that are almost acting like fans instead of critical processors of fact like they usually are.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

DOJ doesn’t owe anyone anything. It’s Trump who made this public. If Trump wants to release a copy of the search warrant, he can. But reality is that we all know he’s committed crimes and the raid was justified. 

If the DOJ talked about their investigation, about what they think Trump may have done that was illegal, about what constituted probable cause for a warrant, then the cult would be screaming bloody murder about how a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty and the DOJ is making him out to be a crook. They’ll rail against anything. Victimhood and outrage is their game plan no matter what happens. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Your friend Larry, sure. Not your cult leader Larry. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If the DOJ talked about their investigation, about what they think Trump may have done that was illegal, about what constituted probable cause for a warrant, then the cult would be screaming bloody murder about how a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty and the DOJ is making him out to be a crook. They’ll rail against anything. Victimhood and outrage is their game plan no matter what happens. 

This.  The man said it himself, he could shoot someone on 5th avenue.  These cultists will never back down.  

11 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

I was always under the impression for the clearance was that people chose the level of security to mark their emails as according to the clearances that is taught to you and it’s simple as that for filtering and siloing info. I was never a government employee that high but thats what Deutsche and a few other investment banks were doing in early 2010s that I was at.

No. Classified material from confidential up is created, processed, and stored on a different electronic system than anything unclassified.  You cannot send an email from a classified system to an unclassified system, physically.  Hard copy has to be handled in a certain way with cover sheets, handling instructions, and physical spaces where it can be discussed or processed.  Access to those physical spaces are controlled.  When creating classified material, the creator has to refer to certain regulatory authorities to justify the classification and has to put their name to the document as a permanent record. There is a way to get material from an unclassified system to a classified system (again, not the other way around) but it’s a PITA. 

All these protocols are WHY on the actual “works good” front, government systems lag behind the private sector. 

Long story short, it’s very hard to not know or be unaware that something is classified. Systems are in place to where you have to make a conscious effort to fuck up and put it on the wrong system or take it out of the proper space. People who use that excuse are lying. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The DOJ needs to quit w/ the silent treatment.  I mean, why the fuck aren't they issuing a press release or some kind of explanation? 

It's almost like you've never heard that a person who believes they've been illegally searched can file a lawsuit to quash the fruits of a search they believe to be illegal. Trump hasn't done so, nor has he attempted to show how innocent he supposedly is by releasing the copy of the search warrant they left at his residence. That should tell you as much or more than a FBI press release.

The fact that the FBI hasn't said or released information about all of this indicates to me that their current intention is to do their speaking in court. If they were to speak publicly on the matter they would be accused of wrongfully attempting to steer the course of justice and public opinion.

You're demanding answers from the wrong party.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The DOJ does not need to placate the Faux News crowd. Don’t give them ammo

• Hook 'Em 2

Also should add here that all the protocols in the world can’t stop someone from reading classified material then walking out to their phone and writing shit down or sending an email. Which is basically what happened in the Clinton email case per investigators. And why “her emails” have nothing in common with boxes full of the actual documents with markings and shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 USC 793 seems like the reason for the search.

The former chief of the Justice Department’s national security division said Tuesday that the FBI warrant for the search of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach, Fla., suggests prosecutors believe they have probable cause that there may have been violations of the World War I-era Espionage Act.

That law has traditionally been used to target government leakers, such as former NSA contractor Edward Snowden. But it also “actually has provisions that apply to essentially the mishandling [of classified material] through gross negligence, permitting documents to be removed from their proper place, or to be lost, stolen or destroyed,” Mary McCord, a veteran federal prosecutor who headed DOJ’s national security division in the closing years of the Obama administration, told the Yahoo News “Skullduggery” podcast.

McCord said that the Espionage Act is one of two federal crimes that prosecutors may be focusing on in their warrant to search Trump’s home. The other, she said, is another federal statute that targets anyone who “willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies or destroys public records.”

McCord noted that the decision to search Trump’s home could only have been conducted with the approval of a federal judge based on an affidavit from the FBI that there was evidence of a crime at Mar-a-Lago at the time of the search.

“So it couldn’t be, ‘We thought the stuff was there a year ago, but not now.’ It would have to be probable cause to believe that evidence of a crime exists in that location at that time,” McCord said. “And that means that the Department of Justice, probably at the highest levels, probably all the way up to the attorney general, agreed that this was a step that was not only legally supportable, but also important to take.”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-could-be-charged-with-violating-the-espionage-act-former-doj-national-security-chief-says-231911337.html

The law falls under the Espionage Act and there's a provision under subsection e that anyone who conspired along with the former president to take the documents faces the same maximum penalty of up to 10 years in prison and/or a fine. If trump thinks he has a problem with "informants" now wait 'til his co-conspirators face a little law enforcement pressure.

Edited by Chopper
added link
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Who’s the rat?

Are my phones tapped?

Making me testify is a perjury trap.

I invoke the 5th.

We elected a shitty-ass third-rate mobster president….and half the country STILL wants to gargle his balls and slurp the gravy.

We are toast, and we deserve it.

We might deserve it, but our children don't.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

cross posting

Imagine giving up your freedom, much less possibly your life in a shootout with police for the Big Mac and Diet Coke president who doesn’t give two shits about you.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

No. Classified material from confidential up is created, processed, and stored on a different electronic system than anything unclassified.  You cannot send an email from a classified system to an unclassified system, physically.  Hard copy has to be handled in a certain way with cover sheets, handling instructions, and physical spaces where it can be discussed or processed.  Access to those physical spaces are controlled.  When creating classified material, the creator has to refer to certain regulatory authorities to justify the classification and has to put their name to the document as a permanent record. There is a way to get material from an unclassified system to a classified system (again, not the other way around) but it’s a PITA. 

All these protocols are WHY on the actual “works good” front, government systems lag behind the private sector. 

Long story short, it’s very hard to not know or be unaware that something is classified. Systems are in place to where you have to make a conscious effort to fuck up and put it on the wrong system or take it out of the proper space. People who use that excuse are lying. 

Pay attention to this man. He’s pre-med <Gif>

56 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

SIAP

Alt headline: “Mick Mulvaney makes a guess”. He has no clue how many people around the Pres knew. Wasn’t a Chinese spy discovered posing as a member at Mar a lago while Trump was president? I imagine security would have been even tighter then. 

Between Secret service, maids, members, family, politicians there are only 6-8 people who possibly could have been an informant? JenniferLawrenceOK.gif

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Alt headline: “Mick Mulvaney makes a guess”. He has no clue how many people around the Pres knew. Wasn’t a Chinese spy discovered posing as a member at Mar a lago while Trump was president? I imagine security would have been even tighter then. 

Between Secret service, maids, members, family, politicians there are only 6-8 people who possibly could have been an informant? JenniferLawrenceOK.gif

I'm guessing there was a level of specificity given to the feds that maids etc. wouldn't have. Specific documents and where to find them. 

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Comey, they don’t want another Comey fuckup. 

And to be honest, the only thing I want to see from them is an indictment drop.

Yeah, the policy not to comment on ongoing investigations is a good one.  Deviations from it don't end well.

Garland is clearly a close-lipped one.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

FOX turned their full attention to discrediting this guy, and this is the best they can do? The man in the picture isn't eating or drinking anything. The bottle and package are unopened. It's a posed picture likely as a joke that has been lifted out of any context so the lying blowhard meat puppet can rant.

The shrillness of FOX and the fact that their on air personalities were in regular touch with the traitor in chief leads me to wonder if some prosecution could be headed their way.

Man, I loathe the hate engine criminal cult. I want perp walks.

If whiskey and oreos are wrong I don't want to be right

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yes, b/c that's what my posting history on dotard says.  I don't like the nuts being able to wildly speculate, that's all.  I mean, I guess, they will anyway but it's frustrating to me. 

Lighten up francis

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Chopper said:

This seems like the most plausible explanation I've seen so far.  Trump took the boxes, they asked for them back and he gave SOME of them back but kept others.  He was basically flaunting his ability to do whatever the fuck he wanted and they called his bluff.

I think it's at least that, and possibly that they have clear evidence that he was selling or sharing some of this classified information as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

This seems like the most plausible explanation I've seen so far.  Trump took the boxes, they asked for them back and he gave SOME of them back but kept others.  He was basically flaunting his ability to do whatever the fuck he wanted and they called his bluff.

I think it's at least that, and possibly that they have clear evidence that he was selling or sharing some of this classified information as well.

Also note that 18 USC 739 applies to "defense information," which, as Ms. Rangappa notes, need not be classified, or conveniently unclassified in some bogus retroactive fashion.

She seems sharp.  Twitter is full of bad legal takes, even from some attorneys.  She's not one of them.

Also, you kind of have to think that this is something more than "we know he took 15 boxes and gave them back, or some of them, we need to know what he's really got."  I tend to think that, given the political situation, there was something more emergent going on.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

My response would probably be to ask him “Do you see what happens, Larry?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also note that 18 USC 739 applies to "defense information," which, as Ms. Rangappa notes, need not be classified, or conveniently unclassified in some bogus retroactive fashion.

She seems sharp.  Twitter is full of bad legal takes, even from some attorneys.  She's not one of them.

So it applies regardless of how it's classified, meaning "the i declassified it" defense is irrelevant

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement