A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Damn. I guess MAL is so massive there aren't any neighbors around to see what a flock of FBI cars are up to.

Damn I guess none of those neighbors have x-ray vision and were unable to see what was happening, nor the investigatory powers to discover why the FBI happened to be there. If trump, his employees or his attorney hadn't talked about it, nobody would have known why they were there. But you tell me, genius...when you see a "flock of FBI cars" what does that mean to you? What does a FBI car even look like? Do you think they have FBI signs on the side panel?

20 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I think the DOJ and FBI did this as quietly as possible.  They did not want a spectacle, but some 12 hours later by nightfall the merry Trumpsters were showing their support in the usual manner, driving in a circle with lots a flag waving.  But fuck... 12 hours later?  That is pretty stealthy in all honesty for something this big.  Don't know how the DOJ could have been more stealthy really.

Bottom line is a guy with no morals and no principles took shit he should not have.  I sure as shit hope that fat penalty increase he signed into law as an attack on Clinton bites him in that dimpled gelatinous ass.   

Well yeah, it's a clear pattern at this point. They sow hatred for the government (at least when democrats have some power) and they can do whatever the fuck they want because they can just get people mad at the government instead of their own crimes. If a few judges and FBI agents get killed along the way, who gives a fuck, they get what they want. People don't matter to them, just power and money and grift.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

My man is losing it

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

That looks like something I’d read in the surly fall camp thread. 

has anyone ever seen scott adams and taylor hamm in a room at the same time?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

(1) I don't really find Vladeck to be partisan. He comes across to me as a lawsplainer on the side of the rule of law. 

(2) He's far less hysterical than Laurence Tribe, for example. 

1.  I challenge you to find an issue where the Rs have a good point (itself is a challenge these days) where he tweeted and see if you can't tell which side he's rooting on.

2.  Well, yeah.

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

1.  I challenge you to find an issue where the Rs have a good point (itself is a challenge these days) where he tweeted and see if you can't tell which side he's rooting on.

2.  Well, yeah.

Just a challenge?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

2.  Well, yeah.

You're the one who made the allegation so I'm sure you must have had something in mind to back it up. Right? Or was yours just an idiotic take?

• Hook 'Em 1

OH SHIT...great catch here...always read the footnotes.

FN2 In addition, the First Amendment provides a basis for the press and the public’s “right of access to criminal trial proceedings.” Chicago Tribune Co., 263 F.3d at 1310. However, this Circuit has not addressed whether the First Amendment right of access applies to sealed search warrant materials. See, e.g., Bennett v. United States, No. 12-61499-CIV, 2013 WL 3821625, at *3 (S.D. Fla. July 23, 2023) (“this Court has found no Eleventh Circuit decisions addressing whether a First Amendment right of access extends to sealed search-warrant affidavits, particularly at the preindictment stage”)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

the doj never thought this was going to be quiet.  

The phrase was "public spectacle" which Trump and FOX have certainly created through deceit and sheer volume. They've raised mostly absurd questions about purpose and propriety to stir up their followers whom have already made one attempt to destroy the republic.

Trump wants to fuck with a Justice Department he no longer controls?

spacer.png

interesting nugget. Someone theorized the other day that this is about establishing chain of custody for the docs because we already know they’ve been used in a bad way.  That guy’s appearance on the pleading may support this. 

also, glad to see Juan Gonzalez has had such a successful post baseball career. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Damn I guess none of those neighbors have x-ray vision and were unable to see what was happening, nor the investigatory powers to discover why the FBI happened to be there. If trump, his employees or his attorney hadn't talked about it, nobody would have known why they were there. But you tell me, genius...when you see a "flock of FBI cars" what does that mean to you? What does a FBI car even look like? Do you think they have FBI signs on the side panel?

FBI_Police_Car_(27730742495).jpg

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

2.  Well, yeah.

This is a stupid take and you should feel stupid for having it. 

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

interesting nugget. Someone theorized the other day that this is about establishing chain of custody for the docs because we already know they’ve been used in a bad way.  That guy’s appearance on the pleading may support this. 

also, glad to see Juan Gonzalez has had such a successful post baseball career. 

Trump has sought to personally monetize everything he could at any opportunity.  He is still repeatedly using the seal of the President illegally.  

So do I think he would sell highly classified intelligence to a foreign power for personal profit?  Of course.

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

The rat is someone who felt the walls closing in and probably got immunity for their actions. 

The rat probably has more to come when all this shit ends up at a trial.

How fucking bananas is it that we are openly discussing who the "rat" may be regarding a former President.

• Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Sure Donny, Obama took 33 MILLION pages of documents to Chicago.  At five pounds for a ream of paper (8.5" x 11" - 500 sheets) that would be 165 tons of paper.  He probably loaded them on a U-Haul.  Oh, wait, that was you. Fucking moron.

I mean....I'd never heard a word about it.  It seemed insanely stupid.  The only thing I could come up with is....yeah, exactly what the next post says:

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So I researched the Obama thing because it was new to me. Yeah they're having them digitized for his presidential library. Totally, totally the same thing as stealing classified documents and keeping them in your basement.

Scanning in records for a presidential library, with the full permission of the Archives, US Government, etc.....is not just not the same thing.  It's the OPPOSITE of the same thing.

"Why are you arresting me for STEALING a steak?  That other guy just paid for a steak and then walked out of the store with it!  WHY AREN'T YOU GOING AFTER HIM????"

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So I researched the Obama thing because it was new to me. Yeah they're having them digitized for his presidential library. Totally, totally the same thing as stealing classified documents and keeping them in your basement.

Regardless, Trump has not and never will understand (and he is not alone in the political realm in this mindset) is that NONE OF THOSE ITEMS BELONG TO HIM. NONE OF THEM ARE HIS. The house and its contents, the papers, and so on are property of the United States. Every male who has occupied the Office of the Presidency is a guest whose stay is courtesy of the citizenry. Any documents, etc may be housed in other public repositories such as archives, libraries, and educational institutions, but a former politician should not be walking off with first editions and the plans for global thermonuclear war tucked under their arm.

Sorry, y'all are faster than I am.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Well, yeah, I guess if you distinguished between “classified” and “unclassified” documents, then maybe there’s a difference.  But, in the meantime, I demand Simon & Schuster be raided for trafficking millions and millions of pages each day!  Boxes and boxes of pages are delivered every day to every Barnes & Nobles throughout the entire country, and we just watch it happen!  What happened to the rule of law in this country?

F071B5F8-6215-45A2-97AC-EE7B9664B110.jpeg.b3c240ca657f00263404edd502172b9a.jpeg

Ignore the papers.  That’s just a cover for the BOXES…transgenders use the boxes to carry bogus ballots to voting sites where Trump really won. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Would an entire medium size city libraries have 30 million pages?

That gets a little trickier these days to suss out, but for comparison the Houston Public Library system has over 3 million volumes. So if each book had no more than 10 pages...

Going down from that, it really depends upon the resources in each city/state/county. Some cities place an emphasis on their libraries. In Texas, some cities put the library in the same budget as the parks department. That leads to predictable results (wealthy citizens can buy books, but poor citizens get to look at the baseball and soccer fields they are not allowed to play on due to being reserved for team play.)

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement