A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

9 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

So my question is what types of documents exactly?   I mean if it's all paperwork, why didn't they just make copies or take pictures spystyle?  

I'm not going to be shocked if he stole them in order to sell them to a foreign government but what's the dumbest reason you can imagine he'd steal the most closely guarded documents owned by the government? IMO, it's to brag to randos that he has them.

3 hours ago, AnTiM said:

Riiiiight...what's a clearance? 🙂

It's the space between the top of the airplane and the bridge you have to drive under as you taxi. But that's not what's important right now.

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

A president cannot steal top secret nuclear secrets when he leaves office. No fucking idiot can legitimately defend that.  I refuse to believe 70million people will line up and vote for that

The trick is getting them to believe he did that.  You can’t make them believe it, and they don’t want to. Evidence will have been planted or fabricated. 

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Yeah, so about that waiting for sources to confirm bit...I am now 1000% certain Trump was in illegal possession of highly classified nuclear documents.

That fucking does it, they had to wait outside in the heat. Mother of god what is wrong with Garland. Jesus Christ man. The rule of law Merrick, come on.

Edited by troph

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

A president cannot steal top secret nuclear secrets when he leaves office. No fucking idiot can legitimately defend that.  I refuse to believe 70million people will line up and vote for that

They don’t have to defend it when they don’t believe it in the first place.  

We’ve seen Trump praise Nazis in public, we’ve seen him side with Putin over America in public. Trump’s supports do not believe these things happened.  

Yuri Bezmenov out front should have told you.  No amount of facts or observable information will break their support.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Yeah, so about that waiting for sources to confirm bit...I am now 1000% certain Trump was in illegal possession of highly classified nuclear documents.

He's right about some sleazy people being involved though.  Just not who he's projecting it on.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

That’s like a MAGA mad libs. 

Where have you been these last six years my man?  

There is no bottom.  None.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Exhibit A:

Ag1.png.d5985946f02b689862193b85f524eb36.png

Exhibit B:

Ag2.png.88a3c82f0aa0edc45d8751ad8b975328.png

Exhibit 😄

Ag3.png.bcabeea3529cf8f61150e7d1cc31de53.png

Exhibit D :

Ag4.png.2c7e5cee3655ad9a5fa3ef217b124db8.png

Over 24 pages of 800 posts similar to this repeatedly page after page (with a few counter arguments sprinkled in).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Well, there it is.gif

And I would expect that any legal exceptions to that idea w/r/t nuclear or defense info, should they be in play, will be at least appealed to the Supremes as unconstitutional. And with this court I know what answer I expect. 

nicolas cage lets ride GIF

45 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So much this. He's going to get off with a slap on wrist because he operates in the gray areas, where there aren't explicit laws against something, because normal decorum is expected from the Office.

I’m reminded of the John Adams quote about the Constitution being meant only for a moral and religious people. 

If we take a more expansive and 21st century view of religion to mean “not just having good intentions (moral), but a systemic framework to guide your morals and implement them in daily life,” it is spot on. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, AnTiM said:

Riiiiight...what's a clearance? 🙂

15 minutes ago, Chopper said:

It's the space between the top of the airplane and the bridge you have to drive under as you taxi. But that's not what's important right now.

In quote 2, it is the amount of space that @Wulaw Horn discovered does not exist when driving an RV under the bridge on an east coast highway.

In the case of the federal government, it is something that Jared Kushner was able to receive due to his FIL ordering his chief of staff to give him one. It is also something that would have likely been denied to Richard Grennel (the former director of national intelligence) except Grenell was appointed as 'Acting' by the former president and as such, was never actually confirmed in his role during his tenure. Really makes one wonder just what those little shits did, doesn't it?

56 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I would assume that if Congress passed a law on it, the President would have to abide by it.  I mean, who we share information is very much related to treaties and war, two items which are clearly under Congress's control per the Constitution.  

But as someone mentioned earlier, I would be concerned there is a lack of legislation on it simply because you generally assume the President is acting in the best interest of the nation.  It's not something any Congressional faction would expend much effort/capital in trying to get passed. 

Just for the sake of illuminating some of the issues relating to presidential power.

Only the Senate has a role in treaties, and it's limited to advise and consent, and ratification by 2/3.  The House has no constitutional role.  That has been interpreted, structurally, to very much limit the power of Congress (both houses) on foreign policy, other than the House's power of the purse, to legislate expenditures.

And the CinC role and Congress' sole ability to declare war have been at odds from jump, but especially so in the last 75 years with "police actions" and unpopular wars.

So, a congressional attempt to limit CinC powers, which is where classification falls, may fail.

On the other hand, by creating an executive agency and signing off on the legislation Congress passes to govern it, the President can be said to have consented to or waived infringements on his power.

Trump was the fucking PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES for four years and didn’t expose any corruption by any politician other than himself. But now that he’s spending his days milling around a golf course and crashing banquets for an applause fix, he finally has the “power to expose corruption at the highest levels?” 

That’s literally the stupidest shit I’ve read all week. Fucking Aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

3 hours ago, Goredho said:

That it is completely within the realm of possibility shows exactly how unfit for office he is, but I think @Ted Lange is right to be dubious.  All we have is a single WaPo article claiming its nuclear codes.  If it turns out to be anything less...

And you've just committed the very mistake you're warning about. The article makes no such specific claim but you've repeated what you've heard and unknowingly moved the goalpost here. I understand why those who ascribe Evil Genius Status to Dotard are hedging their bets right now, but at least read the article first.

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

People need to get off the nuclear stuff until there's better sourcing. That's not something he could have just called his secretary on his way out the door to box up for him. That's not how that works, even for the President. He doesn't get carte blanche access to any document he wants without going through protocols.

As others have said, falling for the sensationalism plays right into the GOP's hands 

You do realize that there is factual evidence that Trump already tried to transfer sensitive nuclear technology/information to Saudi Arabia?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/flynn-backed-plan-transfer-nuclear-tech-saudis-may-have-broken-n973021

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

You think they'd make a little effort to get their fucking stories lies straight before running to the propaganda networks:

Doesn't matter. Just attack. Immediately fling buckshot spray of simian dung in four directions. Possible contradictions will not matter from hour to hour. Just don't run low on projectile dung. Never abide by a playbook. Just wipe brown streaks on the playbook and throw it. Always keep a surplus of monkey shit and hurl it accordingly. Profit and whatnot. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You think they'd make a little effort to get their fucking stories lies straight before running to the propaganda networks:

Like it matters to his fan club, I think their messaging is throw crazy ideas out there and see which ones stick, the amplify it and repeat. The Rs radio message will do an amazing job until we are at, he did it and it’s not a big deal at all

29 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Exhibit A:

Ag1.png.d5985946f02b689862193b85f524eb36.png

Exhibit B:

Ag2.png.88a3c82f0aa0edc45d8751ad8b975328.png

Exhibit 😄

Ag3.png.bcabeea3529cf8f61150e7d1cc31de53.pngOver 24 pages of 800 posts similar to this repeatedly page after page (with a few counter arguments sprinkled in).

Not a surprise but the poll referenced was supposedly taken earlier in the week (Tues & Wed) and the phrasing of the question was slanted in favor of generating outrage among the gqp using the term "raid" instead of "legal and authorized search". But those idiots will cry a river about anything and everything.

Do you believe the FBI raid on President Trump's home was a reasonable step to pursue justice?

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Trump is the master of disinformation. There’s nothing there to find and if there was it was planted. And also it was already declassified anyway.  

This is the Russian Malaysia airlines playbook.  The point is not even to build a realistic narrative, it’s to confuse the simpletons enough that they just get angry and believe it’s all unknowable. 

200.gif

3 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Like it matters to his fan club, I think their messaging is throw crazy ideas out there and see which ones stick, the amplify it and repeat. The Rs radio message will do an amazing job until we are at, he did it and it’s not a big deal at all

If you tell just one lie and stick to it, you have a problem when it falls apart. If you tell all the lies, then you just pivot to the one most convenient. 

I am not kidding, I do believe that his comms people and inner circle have studied and implemented Kremlin and Internet Research Agency tactics. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

If you tell just one lie and stick to it, you have a problem when it falls apart. If you tell all the lies, then you just pivot to the one most convenient. 

I am not kidding, I do believe that his comms people and inner circle have studied and implemented Kremlin and Internet Research Agency tactics. 

That is true and It has to be right lie that resonates and  really sticks, it has to be repeated but a lot of pundits etc we have examples 

her emails 

laptop

birth certificate 

Cognitive decline 

13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Not a surprise but the poll referenced was supposedly taken earlier in the week (Tues & Wed) and the phrasing of the question was slanted in favor of generating outrage among the gqp using the term "raid" instead of "legal and authorized search". But those idiots will cry a river about anything and everything.

It wasn't a fucking raid. That is infuriating.

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

The GQP is in too deep.  If they admit now that he's a traitor, they're conceding they stood by and ignored all sorts of treasonous crap, including 1/6 and siding with Putin at Helsinki.  They will double down, because they can't admit they either enabled or were conned during trump's treason over the last 6 years.

So, the GQP is already doubling down.

• Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Re: signals

does that mean the danger is foreign gvts could get intel on how we send/store secure info, or what other nations’ secure info we can crack, or both?

38 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Beats me, but there has to be several dangers with this is A) that it would show the US is able to surveil a foreign country at will, B) it would possibly show who within a foreign country is a leak to the US, either willing or not, C) what kind of info the US has gleaned from this source, D) how contradictory a foreign govt is with their public stance towards the US and what their private stance really is, and E) what methodologies that the US is using that may have taken years, maybe even decades, to put into place and refine to the US advantage, and those could be lost forever.

Signals Intelligence or (SIGINT) is collection of messages from adversaries.  Releasing that let's them know we are intercepting it and they can take measures to thwart future interceptions and it cost a lot of time and money to intercept again if you can defeat their new security methods.

ELINT is Electronics intelligence and is related to the interception and processing of electronic signature information that can give clues to the type and origin of equipment being monitored.  If the adversary know which parts of the signal we are looking at for the fingerprint of their devices they can change it or create spoofing to confuse our systems or operators.

Francisco 2.0 hit the nail on several of the concerns.  Doing this stuff takes a long time and if they know it they either send us bad info through the channels, change their methods and we lose it for a long time or it takes a lot of time and money to get back in.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TexasEd said:

Signals Intelligence or (SIGINT) is collection of messages from adversaries.  Releasing that let's them know we are intercepting it and they can take measures to thwart future interceptions and it cost a lot of time and money to intercept again if you can defeat their new security methods.

ELINT is Electronics intelligence and is related to the interception and processing of electronic signature information that can give clues to the type and origin of equipment being monitored.  If the adversary know which parts of the signal we are looking at for the fingerprint of their devices they can change it or create spoofing to confuse our systems or operators.

Francisco 2.0 hit the nail on several of the concerns.  Doing this stuff takes a long time and if they know it they either send us bad info through the channels, change their methods and we lose it for a long time or it takes a lot of time and money to get back in.  

Sandcastles. Easy to destroy,  but very very difficult to build.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dotard Donnie only (edit: assented to) released the search warrant because he was convinced that a judge would order it unsealed soon enough, either in response to DOJ's request or the NYT's FOIA.

The only highly significant item it will likely confirm is that the search was conducted in response to a belief that he was in violation of the Espionage Act, 18 U.S.C., Chapter 36, specifically Section 793 - Gathering, Transmitting, or Losing Defense Information. We're not going to learn the good stuff - why did probable cause exist? what were the exigent circumstances? what was in the documents and why did they believe he kept them, etc. The information vacuum will continue and therefore it will continue to be filled with gqp lies.

This is just one small reason why they must prosecute the bitch.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

So my question is what types of documents exactly?   I mean if it's all paperwork, why didn't they just make copies or take pictures spystyle?     Why did they leave this gaping hole in the library of classified stuff that would immediately be traced to them?

I could see thumb drives or ext hard drives with sensitive programs, but paperwork?  Doesn't make sense.

They are pretty stupid though.

I suspect that some of it could have been incriminating evidence like the call logs he put on servers no-one had access too (Ukraine extorsion calls) and maybe he had other calls where he made offers to foreign governments to sell out the US or there were files that intercepted Mike Flynn arranging illegal deals. Maybe videos of Gaetz with 16 year old girls. The pee tapes the Russians were using to extort him.

I hope it takes down more than just Trump.  Flynn, Navarro, Gaetz, Meadows, the turtle and McCarthy all need to go down.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement