A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Just now, Pescado_Rojo said:

Ah yes, the tried and true frat boy "I was just joking" defense. 

I MIGHT give the slightest smidge of breathing room had kilmeades dumbass said jk, that’s just a joke, we’re allll friends here at the time they put the pic up. But no, no mention of anything besides here’s a picture of the guy.

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

FN seems to be coalescing around “if it was so sensitive, why did DOJ take 2 months to file for the warrant, and then wait 5 days to serve it.” There is no angle where their orange god is wrong. The required redactions will only help them keep sowing doubt. 

It's the rankest, lowest form of sophistry: any answer is a valid argument.

8 minutes ago, bluto said:

I MIGHT give the slightest smidge of breathing room had kilmeades dumbass said jk, that’s just a joke, we’re allll friends here at the time they put the pic up. But no, no mention of anything besides here’s a picture of the guy.

Also, if it was a picture of Biden or Pelosi or someone who is established as a public figure and has security to protect them from the loonies.  Instead, FoxNews showed a picture of a relatively low level government official who is already getting death threats and showed he was cozy with pedophiles, which is a consistent weird flash point for right wing extremists.  Kilmeades should be fired.  Any producer who approved the photo should be fired.  They are going to get this guy killed.  

• Like 2

Lol 

NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area,” the statement said. “As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Attorneys of Surly, how big of a lawsuit are we looking at here? 7 figures, 8 figures, 9?

Holy shit. I thought the original screenshot from FOX as a joke. "We wuz kidding"? Fuck you. Defamation bomb coming in hot, dickhead.

Overheard outside Merrick Garland's office: "Welp we've gotta charge him with something now so we might as well throw the book at the motherfucker."

56 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

More fucking wishcasting.

Not without basis.

-- the search warrant refers to staff

image.png.eab759bfc87e2a10274e1ac179f819eb.png

-- one of the statutes he's being investigated makes criminally liable other people to whom the classified information was transferred. The significance being that if you were one of those people you're now facing serious criminal liability giving the gov't. leverage to flip you.

(d) Whoever, lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it;

51 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Give Jared $2B to play with and a Trump aide will allow a visitor to take pictures of the nuclear documents. Does anyone really think this is far-fetched? This is exactly how it would play out. Then Jared quietly pushes profits to Donald.

Other than Jared being given $2B by the Saudis to run an investment fund even though he has zero experience doing so, he's also being paid 2x the standard rate in management fees per the deal with the House of 9/11.

12 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Attorneys of Surly, how big of a lawsuit are we looking at here? 7 figures, 8 figures, 9?

The judge is arguably a public figure making the hurdle to prove libel much more difficult. The judge would have to prove actual malice rather than mere negligence. Also a Kilmeade-issued correction limits the damages he could recover.

**and yes, the "overheard" comment was a joke...but possible/wishcasting!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Give Jared $2B to play with and a Trump aide will allow a visitor to take pictures of the nuclear documents. Does anyone really think this is far-fetched? This is exactly how it would play out. Then Jared quietly pushes profits to Donald.

Don't forget who Jared's dad is and why he went to prison.

Edited by atomheartbevo

53 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

So he should be announcing his 2024 presidential run this weekend ?

He should have announced it this morning, and should be doing everything he can to help the GOP take the House and Senate in November.

Shit's pretty fucking real for him right now, and that's his only way out.

Before, I was pegging it at 50/50 of whether he'd run or not, based on how much money the GOP was willing to toss his way going forward.

Now I'm saying 75% or more that he runs.

9 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Also, if it was a picture of Biden or Pelosi or someone who is established as a public figure and has security to protect them from the loonies.  Instead, FoxNews showed a picture of a relatively low level government official who is already getting death threats and showed he was cozy with pedophiles, which is a consistent weird flash point for right wing extremists.  Kilmeades should be fired.  Any producer who approved the photo should be fired.  They are going to get this guy killed.  

I agree with all of this.  Except you know they're getting bonuses. 

29 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Not an attorney, but it seems like a really huge fuck around and find out moment for Fox News, since people tied to Fox News have already been spreading his name and address around, and he's a federal judge.  Seems like it's pretty easy to prove that they are trying to fuck with him.

Also, in general, really fucking dumb for Fox News to even try to associate people with Maxwell, given the photos of Trump with Ghislaine and Jeffrey.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Because, bottom line, Republicans care more about winning than they do about Trump.

Republican politicians, yes. I would agree that they care about a republican taking the presidency more than they care about Trump. And I think we can all agree that most of them sincerely hope it's not Trump. But republican voters? The tens of millions of brainwashed, diehard Trumpkins? Nah. They won't be able to cast their vote for DeSantis over Trump in the primary. 

Just now, SquishMitten said:

Republican politicians, yes. I would agree that they care about a republican taking the presidency more than they care about Trump. And I think we can all agree that most of them sincerely hope it's not Trump. But republican voters? The tens of millions of brainwashed, diehard Trumpkins? Nah. They won't be able to cast their vote for DeSantis over Trump in the primary. 

Don't count him out - DeSantis did the things that Trump only talked about.  DeSantis fought masks, vaccines, shutdowns, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The judge is arguably a public figure making the hurdle to prove libel much more difficult. The judge would have to prove actual malice rather than mere negligence. Also a Kilmeade-issued correction limits the damages he could recover.

They show a photo of the man getting his feet massaged by a convicted sex trafficker of underaged girls with whisky and Oreos photoshopped in his arms. It can't be negligence. They know the photo is fake. They can't claim jest if there was nothing in the actual presentation to suggest it's parody or humor of any kind.

I would also guess that Kilmeade's chickenshit retraction via twitter was prompted by the FOX legal department when they recognized the above.

His reputation is attacked for sure. He was also likely put in danger by the photo and story, but I don't know how the law deals with that.

I guess FOX can fall back on their lame "we're really entertainment not news" excuse. Fuck them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm just saying. I've been against every gameshow host and steak salesmen in history who has stolen nuclear weapon intelligence and classified documents. I'm against that. I don't think it has ever been really helpful. It seems wrong. At least it feels kinda wrong. I'm not an expert, though. I might be open to a counter argument. Probably not, though. But maybe. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

They show a photo of the man getting his feet massaged by a convicted sex trafficker of underaged girls with whisky and Oreos photoshopped in his arms. It can't be negligence. They know the photo is fake. They can't claim jest if there was nothing in the actual presentation to suggest it's parody or humor of any kind.

Yes, maybe I made it complicated by referring to him as the judge but the dude in the pic, he would have to prove actual malice, which is a more difficult showing than negligence.

If he only had to prove negligence it would likely be a slam dunk. He can certainly sue...it's not a clear cut win or loss. This is current law and it comes from a 1964 Supreme Court case, NYT v Sullivan.

"The constitutional guarantees require, we think, a Federal rule that prohibits a public official from recovering damages for a defamatory falsehood relating to his official conduct unless he proves that the statement was made with 'actual malice'—that is, with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of whether it was false or not."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not an attorney, but it seems like a really huge fuck around and find out moment for Fox News, since people tied to Fox News have already been spreading his name and address around, and he's a federal judge.  Seems like it's pretty easy to prove that they are trying to fuck with him.

Also, in general, really fucking dumb for Fox News to even try to associate people with Maxwell, given the photos of Trump with Ghislaine and Jeffrey.

I think they must be more directly tied to the GOP criminal organization than I originally thought. I concluded what I did about the GOP because I can only explain their toxic stances and actions by assuming they're trying to stay out of prison. That also explains their omertà which the Jan 6 Committee is beginning to break down. 

FOX really doesn't need to go so deep in Trump's defense for ratings. They're not just raising questions from the clips I've seen posted, they're flat out lying about the search of Mar al Lardo and doing so with panels of every on air liar they employ. Why?

We know Hannity and others had direct access to President Trump to advise him. Were they behind the coup until it went bad? Was it their culpability that caused them to text (for the record) Trump to say call it off? If Trump had been successful in bullying Pence to disrupt the certification with help from the elected traitors in the joint meeting, had FOX agreed to make the case that the coup was legal and right?

In a coup or rebellion, the first things you take over are the radio and TV stations.

The hideous stink broadens.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Yes, maybe I made it complicated by referring to him as the judge but the dude in the pic, he would have to prove actual malice, which is a more difficult showing than negligence.

If he only had to prove negligence it would likely be a slam dunk. He can certainly sue...it's not a clear cut win or loss. This is current law and it comes from a 1964 Supreme Court case, NYT v Sullivan.

"The constitutional guarantees require, we think, a Federal rule that prohibits a public official from recovering damages for a defamatory falsehood relating to his official conduct unless he proves that the statement was made with 'actual malice'—that is, with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of whether it was false or not."

I'm not sure a magistrate judge can be considered a public figure.  But you really don't think there was actual malice in running a photoshopped picture of him with Epstein?

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Is being a government official enough to be a public figure? 

19 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I usually don't get moved by politicians anymore but Schiff's speech to close the first impeachment is up there with one of the greatest in American history. It will age gracefully. This animal should have tamed right then and there. 

I couldn't agree more. He went from having my high regard to being something of a hero to me. The language and sincere emotion with which he spoke moved me like music moves me. His ending, "then we are truly lost," haunts me to this day.

I'm glad you reminded me of it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement