A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Well the new excuse posted above from @Panchothat it wasn't Trump who took the classified materials is certainly going to be awkward and uncomfortable for his staff who are facing criminal liability under the same statute as he (with up to 10 years per incident), and who can testify, probably very specifically, about Trump's knowledge regarding those documents.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, FirstTimeCaller said:

So what's more likely to happen? Kilmeade and FN get their asses handed to them for that stunt or Trump faces actual consequences for this stuff?

Hillary goes to jail, Trump is chosen as Speaker and they impeach and convict Biden.  Harris doesn't get to be POTUS because the GOP doesn't care about things like presidential line of succession norms.  CHECKMATE LIBS

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Well the new excuse posted above from @Panchothat it wasn't Trump who took the classified materials is certainly going to be awkward and uncomfortable for his staff who are facing criminal liability under the same statute as he (with up to 10 years per incident), and who can testify, probably very specifically, about Trump's knowledge regarding those documents.

Yep, the trap was set they are just walking their orange buffoon further and further into it.  

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He should have announced it this morning, and should be doing everything he can to help the GOP take the House and Senate in November.

Shit's pretty fucking real for him right now, and that's his only way out.

Before, I was pegging it at 50/50 of whether he'd run or not, based on how much money the GOP was willing to toss his way going forward.

Now I'm saying 75% or more that he runs.

hell, he might even start spreading around that PAC money ????

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I'm not sure a magistrate judge can be considered a public figure.  But you really don't think there was actual malice in running a photoshopped picture of him with Epstein?

They might be that stupid. I know they're liars. I know they're delusional sell-outs. I know they're traitors. But are they that stupid, too? I honestly don't know.

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

If he doesn’t know what’s in the boxes, how does he know it was all declassified?  Did he think to himself, I don’t know where that box is from or what’s in it, but it’s all declassified whatever it is. 

ps- I thought trump was still secret president. Why did he do this to himself?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Isn’t that what hustler did and won the suit?  

It was a parody ad that the court determined "could not have been reasonably considered believable."

I'm expecting that we can go out on the internet right now and pluck hundreds of posts about how they are going to go get that pedophile judge who posed with Maxwell.  People DO believe it, and Fox amplified it.  Also, Hustler v. Falwell was an intentional infliction of emotional distress case.  And had NO fact pattern about people threatening to murder Falwell based in part on the published statement.

Kilmeade and Fox should pay.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It was a parody ad that the court determined "could not have been reasonably considered believable."

I'm expecting that we can go out on the internet right now and pluck hundreds of posts about how they are going to go get that pedophile judge who posed with Maxwell.  People DO believe it, and Fox amplified it.  Also, Hustler v. Falwell was an intentional infliction of emotional distress case.  And had NO fact pattern about people threatening to murder Falwell based in part on the published statement.

Kilmeade and Fox should pay.

The “no reasonable person” shit is dead, since it was used to defend statements from Giuliani and Powell and others about the election, with millions out there believing all of it. 

12 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I'm just saying. I've been against every gameshow host and steak salesmen in history who has stolen nuclear weapon intelligence and classified documents. I'm against that. I don't think it has ever been really helpful. It seems wrong. At least it feels kinda wrong. I'm not an expert, though. I might be open to a counter argument. Probably not, though. But maybe. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So he didn't clear the record on his news program, just on twitter.

edit: also what's interesting is he didn't deny knowing the photo was false; he in fact admits it. He claims though it was obviously meant in jest. Which, LOL.

Edited by Chopper

Trumptards will believe he didn’t know, disregarding the mountain of probable cause that must have been shown to secure this search warrant. They don’t only have evidence of his possession, but also evidence of all the elements of those offenses. 

This thread is flying so fast and furious it's rather hard to keep up. With respect to Fox, Lachlan-son of Rupert-is arguably further to the right than his father. Anything they do, (along with Tucker et. al.), while enraging and sad, does not surprise me at all at all.

I believe @TexArcher makes some good points (although you left affirmative action off your list I think and that one is definitely going down since it's coming up soon on the SCOTUS schedule and that will change a lot, especially because Title IX will follow as well). So yeah, that Fox bubble just makes one want to scream.

But it isn't just Fox--I mean, a lot of children are raised by their phones now, and the question is really not so much about whether young people access things they maybe ought not be viewing, as much as can they discern what is real and trustworthy information? Given how education is under attack, that's a concern.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The “no reasonable person” shit is dead, since it was used to defend statements from Giuliani and Powell and others about the election, with millions out there believing all of it. 

Add Carlson to that list as well.

29 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Yes, maybe I made it complicated by referring to him as the judge but the dude in the pic, he would have to prove actual malice, which is a more difficult showing than negligence.

If he only had to prove negligence it would likely be a slam dunk. He can certainly sue...it's not a clear cut win or loss. This is current law and it comes from a 1964 Supreme Court case, NYT v Sullivan.

"The constitutional guarantees require, we think, a Federal rule that prohibits a public official from recovering damages for a defamatory falsehood relating to his official conduct unless he proves that the statement was made with 'actual malice'—that is, with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of whether it was false or not."

That's not the actual judge in the picture? I appear to be talking out of my ass on this one. I assumed it was an altered photo of the actual judge. If it's not, I can see how the waters would not be so pristine as I thought. And I'm not even a lawyer.

30 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think they must be more directly tied to the GOP criminal organization than I originally thought. I concluded what I did about the GOP because I can only explain their toxic stances and actions by assuming they're trying to stay out of prison. That also explains their omertà which the Jan 6 Committee is beginning to break down. 

FOX really doesn't need to go so deep in Trump's defense for ratings. They're not just raising questions from the clips I've seen posted, they're flat out lying about the search of Mar al Lardo and doing so with panels of every on air liar they employ. Why?

We know Hannity and others had direct access to President Trump to advise him. Were they behind the coup until it went bad? Was it their culpability that caused them to text (for the record) Trump to say call it off? If Trump had been successful in bullying Pence to disrupt the certification with help from the elected traitors in the joint meeting, had FOX agreed to make the case that the coup was legal and right?

In a coup or rebellion, the first things you take over are the radio and TV stations.

The hideous stink broadens.

Seems like you understand all this pretty well.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That's not the actual judge in the picture? I appear to be talking out of my ass on this one. I assumed it was an altered photo of the actual judge. If it's not, I can see how the waters would not be so pristine as I thought. And I'm not even a lawyer.

The real photo is Epstein but someone photshopped the Magistrate Judge's head on it, and added the candy or cereal (whatever it was) to cover up the bad photoshop. Fox ran with it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The real photo is Epstein but someone photshopped the Magistrate Judge's head on it, and added the candy or cereal (whatever it was) to cover up the bad photoshop. Fox ran with it.

Thanks. I stand by my earlier (still non-lawyerly) opinion.

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

In fairness to Brian Kilmeade, he seems like a real dope

I'll note here that since any lawsuit would include Fox News, the company, as a defendant, then it doesn't really matter if Kilmeade didn't know the image was fake. Rather, the knowledge of all of Fox's employees are imputed to fox. So, if the researcher who found the image or the manager that approved the image for airing or the scriptwriter knew the image was fake, then Fox could be in trouble. I would 100% take this case. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Trump ends up being pardoned in the end but any deal will be negotiated between his legal team and the DOJ. This is a criminal investigation. The Senate won't be involved (unless someone wants to have an obstruction pinch on their record). 

I've been saying the same and can say you are wasting your breath with these people. They've lost the plot. Brisket's response proves it:

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There’s no way the gop will be willing to publicly be party to trump’s downfall. They want him out of the way but they want it to appear to be against their wishes so they can assume his voting base. 

I can see these arguments, but the GOP is playing a very dangerous violent game as they seek power and sadly, the collateral damage from that is often tragic.

@Brisketexan knows that when it comes down to it, things can go sideways in a hurry when the plan has corruption, money by any means, and human oppression as its guiding principles.

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

One can only imagine how exhausting it must be to continually pretzel oneself into ridiculous defenses of Trump’s criminality. In that regard, Texags posters are without peer.

Their whole world view is already pretzel-shaped. Extending it to Trump just requires a little extra salt.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I can see these arguments, but the GOP is playing a very dangerous violent game as they seek power and sadly, the collateral damage from that is often tragic.

@Brisketexan knows that when it comes down to it, things can go sideways in a hurry when the plan has corruption, money by any means, and human oppression as its guiding principles.

This.

The GQP is rapidly approaching the point of no return.  They can 1) accept the rule of law, and accept Trump going down.  And this will almost certainly cause them to lose power.  Or, 2) they can see it all fall apart, descend into violence destroying the Republic, BUT, installing the GQP as the ruling party of the new, authoritarian state that replaces the current USA.

100% of the GQP politicians and voters will opt for option 2.  It is a terrorist organization.  Any discussion or treatment of the GQP as anything but that is not only a waste of time, it's harmful.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

The GQP is rapidly approaching the point of no return.  They can 1) accept the rule of law, and accept Trump going down.  And this will almost certainly cause them to lose power.  Or, 2) they can see it all fall apart, descend into violence destroying the Republic, BUT, installing the GQP as the ruling party of the new, authoritarian state that replaces the current USA.

100% of the GQP politicians and voters will opt for option 2.  It is a terrorist organization.  Any discussion or treatment of the GQP as anything but that is not only a waste of time, it's harmful.

Well, your number one is what was proposed as the behind the scenes brokered deal, but in order to do that, they have to figure out a way for Trump to suffer the consequences (which gets into your 'math' regarding voters) and in order for them to do that, be able to count on election results being gerrymandered enough or discounted enough by partisan election officials for their proposed alternate candidate to win.

That is a little dicey right now, and the GOP stirring up violent lone wolves may not have people yearning for an authoritarian as much as they do a leader who is courageous enough to stand in front of a tank with no weapon whatsoever. Big difference between having a parent who is an authoritarian versus one who is authoritative. The public may not know the difference but they better learn quickly.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement