A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

We know Hannity and others had direct access to President Trump to advise him. Were they behind the coup until it went bad? Was it their culpability that caused them to text (for the record) Trump to say call it off? If Trump had been successful in bullying Pence to disrupt the certification with help from the elected traitors in the joint meeting, had FOX agreed to make the case that the coup was legal and right?

In a coup or rebellion, the first things you take over are the radio and TV stations.

Seven Days in May

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Days_in_May

Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Fredric March, Ava Gardner

book '62, filmed '63 (BEFORE dealey plaza), released 12 Feb 64

so fucking close to reality at the time that it's been erased from the national consciousness

re: freshness today, no spoliers

$3.99 on prime

• Hook 'Em 2

Here's what's most fucked up about the Kilmeade thing. This photoshop could have stayed in the twitter/4chan cesspool.

Fox News knows damn well they have an enormous audience that has no overlap with 4chan and is gullible enough to storm the capitol or yolo FBI buildings.

They also know that the the average Fox News viewer is sitting in a diner somewhere in east texas not actually listening to the audio, assuming tv is even audible to the customers.

Fox News knows at least 10% of its audience is going to look up at the TV, see the name and picture of the judge hanging around with Maxwell without any visual disclaimer on it, and tell all their idiot friends that the judge was on the Epstein flight logs.

That is precisely the outcome Fox News intended.

Putting out some bullshit "retraction" tweet the day after is not enough to fix this damage and i don't think it's even possible to fix. They should be sued to oblivion.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

So how long do our surly brothers who have the requisite defects of intellect and character to still vote for the GOP remain shut the fuck up? 3 days before they’re back acting like it is people other than them who are childlike and without even the wisdom you would expect from a horny 19 year old?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So how long do our surly brothers who have the requisite defects of intellect and character to still vote for the GOP remain shut the fuck up? 3 days before they’re back acting like it is people other than them who are childlike and without even the wisdom you would expect from a horny 19 year old?

One of the hardest things in the world tor a human is to fully acknowledge and admit publicly they got duped. If this keeps playing out just take the win and enjoy the silence.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He offered them. I’m not sure if anyone was ever able to collect. 

Kinda feels more like the difference between attempted murder and murder. The fact that Trump plays footsie with him should be considered when determining how to punish the treason.

Question regarding the screenshot below--isn't the person commenting making assumptions regarding culpability in "strike one," and that "strike three" is not about the archives, but regarding the possibility of transfer of information to others (i.e. the criminal aspect of espionage etc)?

Ag5.png.3feee1d2d1379804e72d4f1395687e5b.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It was a parody ad that the court determined "could not have been reasonably considered believable."

I'm expecting that we can go out on the internet right now and pluck hundreds of posts about how they are going to go get that pedophile judge who posed with Maxwell.  People DO believe it, and Fox amplified it.  Also, Hustler v. Falwell was an intentional infliction of emotional distress case.  And had NO fact pattern about people threatening to murder Falwell based in part on the published statement.

Kilmeade and Fox should pay.

The one that I saw upthread was pretty clearly marked what.I.meme.to.say in two places, one less prominent than the other.

Was that after the fact?  That's what I based my opinion on.  But if that wasn't the case with the image they showed, they're in trouble.

They're also on the level of a skin mag. A pink shot skin mag.

Edited by TwiceHorn

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Question regarding the screenshot below--isn't the person commenting making assumptions regarding culpability in "strike one," and that "strike three" is not about the archives, but regarding the possibility of transfer of information to others (i.e. the criminal aspect of espionage etc)?

Strike One is a peak aggy argument.

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Putting out some bullshit "retraction" tweet the day after is not enough to fix this damage and i don't think it's even possible to fix. They should be sued to oblivion.

They also know that most of their audience won’t see a retraction tweet.   The law should be you retract on the same platform that you defamed on. 

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Well, the person citing 793 isn't summarizing that section of the code correctly at all, so you can just ignore everything else about it. For your reference I've done a quick truncation of the section for you, full citation below that. 

18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information

(a) Whoever, for the purpose of obtaining information respecting the national defense with intent or reason to believe that the information is to be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation, goes upon ... place connected with the national defense ... or

(b) Whoever, for the purpose aforesaid ... copies, takes, makes, or obtains, ... anything connected with the national defense; or

(c) Whoever, for the purpose aforesaid, receives . . . anything connected with the national defense, knowing or having reason to believe . . . that it has been or will be obtained, taken, made, or disposed of by any person contrary to the provisions of this chapter; or

(d) Whoever, lawfully having possession of ... any document ... relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates ... the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand ...; or

(e) Whoever having unauthorized possession of ... any document ... relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates ... the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same ...; or

(f)Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession ... of any document ... relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place ... or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place ... or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss ...

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The one that I saw upthread was pretty clearly marked I.know.what.you.meme in two places, one less prominent than the other.

Was that after the fact?  That's what I based my opinion on.  But if that wasn't the case with the image they showed, they're in trouble.

They're also on the level of a skin mag. A pink shot skin mag.

I think you're attaching way too much importance to how the photo was marked with the word "meme." That mere fact doesn't communicate or represent that the photo is fake. Especially, if that is not how it was presented on the show. 

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

The real photo is Epstein but someone photshopped the Magistrate Judge's head on it, and added the candy or cereal (whatever it was) to cover up the bad photoshop. Fox ran with it.

You can see the neck and forehead lines where it was cut--the lines show a shade shift.  First thing I thought when I saw it was this is doctored.  It's garbage.  

22 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Strike One is a peak aggy argument.

So the simplest of questions. Where did the GSA folks get these documents to pack? Was this stuff laying around unsecure in the WH when the packers came?  This is stuff that should only be viewed in a SCIF, so if this was laying in the bottom drawer of the resolute desk and accidentally got packed… still a crime.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement