A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

37 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

But it doesn't seem the DOJ is going to do so. 

Look, I want to believe, I really do but after the last seven years of documenting all the crimes, it’s hard for me to give DOJ the benefit of the doubt when it’s clear Trump should have been taken into custody long ago.  

I watched Reality Winner serve four years in prison for whistleblowing on the coverup of the 2016 election interference while Flynn, Manafort, Stone, and Bannon got pardons for some really treacherous shit. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, G650 said:

I honestly have no idea how this plays out, I'm 50/50 whether it comes to anything, and people an certainly have their opinion about Garlands pace and whatnot. One thing I can promise you though is Merrick Garland a shitload smarter than anyone in Trump's orbit.

They don't call him Methodical Merrick for nothing.

1 hour ago, TexPx said:

Somehow reminds me of this:

Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr : Dolores, I am making a citizen's divorce.
Dolores : [laughing] What?
Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr : By the powers vested in me, I hereby declare our marriage null and void! E pluribus unum!

I can't fuck a gorilla!

• Like 1

I honestly have no idea how this plays out, I'm 50/50 whether it comes to anything, and people an certainly have their opinion about Garlands pace and whatnot. One thing I can promise you though is Merrick Garland a shitload smarter than anyone in Trump's orbit.

This one feels like it’s over. They got what they needed. The many other cases against him likely have more legs.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So what would the real estate market look like if Texas seceded?  Will all the cali conservatives pile in as fast as the Texas progressives file out?

The housing market would absolutely crater along with the rest of the state economy.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Not currently being covered on Fox News -- they're talking about Anne Heche and "BIDEN BORDER CRISIS" is coming up!  

I'll assume that the crowd was so large that they couldn't get cameras near.

The BORDER CRISIS!!!111! is amazing to me.  It's the dumbest boogeyman there is and yet it continues to work decade after decade.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 1:56 PM, Storm the Field said:

3 statutes apparently listed in the warrant:

18 USC 2071 — Concealment, removal or mutilation, generally

8 USC 793 — Gathering, transmitting, or losing defense information

18 USC 1519 — Destruction, alteration or falsification of records in Federal investigations

So the man who picked 1/3 of the Supreme Court is under investigation by the FBI for violating the espionage act?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Lol. From NYT. SIAP..

Shortly before Mr. Garland made the announcement, a person close to Mr. Trump reached out to a Justice Department official to pass along a message from the former president to the attorney general. Mr. Trump wanted Mr. Garland to know that he had been checking in with people around the country and found them to be enraged by the search.

“The country is on fire” was the message that Mr. Trump wanted conveyed, according to a person familiar with the exchange. “What can I do to reduce the heat?”

Here's more re: Kash Patel (SIAP). Reminder that Chris Miller was the Acting Secretary of Defense (after Esper was fired) from November of 2020 until Trump's departure. Patel was under Miller, and there was a delay of Pentagon meetings during the transition to which the Biden administration did not agree.

Patel is threatening Muller docs among other things, I think was the chatter. Did not check sources so beware.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
bolded

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So the director of the Secret Service that Trump hand picked in 2019 just up and decided to go work for SnapChat last month. Curious! 

It would have been funnier if it was Tik Tok.

And the best job the Director of the Secret Service could land was Snapchat?

46 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The BORDER CRISIS!!!111! is amazing to me.  It's the dumbest boogeyman there is and yet it continues to work decade after decade.

Crisis as a word has been degraded to a shadow of what it should convey.

The news networks in general have destroyed the meaning of "Breaking News." They just like having it in the banner because it makes them feel like journalists as they sit around talking about news that some print reporter dug up for them to quote. 

Breaking News: Panel discusses a two-day old story for the ninth time!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Again, I wonder if this is Putin's last move with Trump. Allow the US to recognize that their system installed a Russian asset and then continued to support him when the truth came out.  And his supporters will even then not step away.

This must be the brightest spot in Putin's daily considerations. His army is getting chewed up and shit out in Ukraine, his health may be failing, but he can still play with his toy in American.

It would be a great way for Putin to fuck around with Americans. Already a lot of distrust between the parties, that’s been deliberately caused by the GOP.  Put it out there that Trump is officially a Russian asset and watch the GOP spin that.  While Trump would still have supporters, even if he admitted to it, plenty of Republicans would be conflicted when they vote for every (R) on the ballot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So then does that mean we can do FOIA requests every day for any documents that have been declassified and actually get them?

Putting aside the fact that trump is a complete idiot and you shouldn't believe a word he says, but it would be much easier to just follow Jason Leopold on Twitter, a FOIA warrior. (example below is from March)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Trumptard #3 had on a FJB hat and a Let's Go Brandon t-shirt.  I asked him why not just have the courage to wear Fuck Joe Biden.   His answer....  "Well, kids might see it."  That was a fun conversation.  

These people are nothing but cowards.  I’ve called out several that I know, and a few that I don’t.  Pointed out that the Trump haters I know don’t have a problem saying “fuck Trump”.  Had one person say he didn’t want his kids to see it, and I told his kids the meaning of it (I was politic and didn’t say “fuck” but sad “your dad won’t say the f-word but it’s what he means).

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

GLOMAR

of The Hill People?

One example of why it's difficult for amateurs to attempt to FOIA. An agency will have your head spin. There is training available, some of it I believe for free.

"A so-called "Glomar" response is one in which an agency refuses to confirm or deny the existence of responsive records."

https://foia.wiki/wiki/Glomar

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Look, I want to believe, I really do but after the last seven years of documenting all the crimes, it’s hard for me to give DOJ the benefit of the doubt when it’s clear Trump should have been taken into custody long ago.  

I watched Reality Winner serve four years in prison for whistleblowing on the coverup of the 2016 election interference while Flynn, Manafort, Stone, and Bannon got pardons for some really treacherous shit. 

It shouldn't be this way but when it's a high ranking member of government, and especially the president, they want to leave it up to political means. 

Also Trump's people controlled the DOJ while he was president so they weren't going to do anything then. Now that he's no longer in control it seems to me given what's happened this week is likely Garland has been using the last year and a half to set this up. 

But in the end the big weakness in the American system is it requires the people to not put up with treasonous criminal bullshit from their political candidates. So the rot in the political system can still fuck this up

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Don't know how the twitter author/reporters could know this, but FWIW, some more speculation:

This is an example of an author writing one thing, the editor putting a click bait headline on it that doesn’t represent the article, and then some random tweeter mis reading the headline and blasting it out with their incorrect interpretation

Nice job Internet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That would be juicy as fuck.  So I'm guessing not true.

I debated whether to post it, but since there are other eyeballs that lurk reading the posts, the article does elaborate on some of the types of information that belong to the formal access control system and the protocols that even a former President must follow despite what web wisdom warriors may say.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well, if you mean long ago in terms of prior to January 20, 2017, then I wholly agree.  And Trump is far from the only of his ilk that has gone unpunished.

But if you mean any time between January 20, 2017 and January 20, 2021, then you were/are being naive.

Coincidentally, Reality Winner was convicted of 18 USC 793(e). https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/federal-government-contractor-georgia-charged-removing-and-mailing-classified-materials-news

29 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Don't know how the twitter author/reporters could know this, but FWIW, some more speculation:

It’d also be the kind of thing he shouldn’t be taking out of the Oval Office, if he even had reason to have or see it at all. And certainly shouldn’t be auto-declassified due to some standing policy of he did take it to the residence, let alone to Florida. 

just because he decided he wants to read up on America’s most closely guarded information at his leisure on the shitter doesn’t mean it gets declassified because he does so. 

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement