A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

The People of the Confederacy have never changed. It’s the Party of Spoiled Children 

Can’t have slaves? We will start a war

Schools promote equality? We demand the abolishment of the Department of Education 

Schools teach about slavery? We ban books

Search warrant issued? We demand the FBI be disbanded. 

Schools must be integrated? We threaten with troops. 

Nothing has changed in 150 years. Because no one ever holds them accountable. 

Clapping Applause GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Notice these fucking cowards didn’t try to get through the bullet proof glass.  Fucking pansies.  If you’re going to put on your shitty knock-off tactical gear made in China, and get yourself some rifles, and go to the FBI office and just whine, you’re a fucking coward who is cosplaying.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

He seems to be someone who believes in accountability.  

2 minutes ago, Covri said:

I’ve enjoyed the time reveling in this weeks news, but it’s been 5 days and nothing has happened. I’m back to nothing will happen from this, no matter the revelations. .

The reaction of he and the other Trumpers speaks volumes - they are attacking the FBI as an entity, rather than attacking what they took back from Trump, or defending Trump’s actions  

That means they can’t defend Trump’s actions, which is good, it’s at least some awareness that he really fucked up.

Rand Paul trying to get rid of the Espionage Act or whatever is especially enlightening - motherfucker is scared, and I wonder if it’s for Trump, or something else like trips to Moscow.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Notice these fucking cowards didn’t try to get through the bullet proof glass.  Fucking pansies.  If you’re going to put on your shitty knock-off tactical gear made in China, and get yourself some rifles, and go to the FBI office and just whine, you’re a fucking coward who is cosplaying.

That's a fucking powder keg, and I'm here for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

That's a fucking powder keg, and I'm here for it.

It’s not.  They are fucking cosplaying chickenshits who all talk a big game online, but when one of their brethren actually commits to it, fucks around and finds out,  nobody else has the guts to follow suit.  

They are all way too comfortable in their lives (some of those people were carrying some expensive rifles and sidearms), and the occasional nut that actually fucks around and finds out helps keep them in line.

And based on what he posted and where, I’m willing to bet a whole shitload of them got puckered anuses about what they post.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Covri said:

I’ve enjoyed the time reveling in this weeks news, but it’s been 5 days and nothing has happened. I’m back to nothing will happen from this, no matter the revelations. .

Five days?

Seriously, what do you expect to happen in five days?  A search warrant is an investigative tool.  This isn't an HPD drug bust.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Its my opinion that you have the right to protest in this country. You have the right to bear arms to defend your community. You do not have the right bear arms while protesting.

This is superb. I could not agree more.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Covri said:

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter and daily fax reports about the status of your ennui.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Its my opinion that you have the right to protest in this country. You have the right to bear arms to defend your community. You do not have the right bear arms while protesting.

yessir. in fact i would say the arms make it a non-protest. that’s more of a storm. 

when those fat fucking kevlar vest wearing dish towels went to the state building in michigan with weapons, they stormed that building. 

that was no boating accident. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I get why the Post and the Times have stuff paywalled, but damn...for stories like this, they need to be free.

I subscribe to the Washington Post web service largely because news organizations comprise one of the obstacles to tyranny. The can advertise that role by doing as you describe. The article you quote is a great summary of the story to date.

There are two things in the article with which I quibble.

First was this:

image.png.5ca98525518382c98885a565470d79e9.png

Even a great news organization falls into the formula that every aspect of a story entitles the second side to equal weight through quotes. The hi-lited bit above raises the issue of nation cleaving which doesn't really belong here and then quotes Trump's allies' outrageously false characterizations of the news event. If we're going to look into nation-cleaving, maybe the great Washington Post should should not provide a platform for provably absurd claims.

Next came the bald statement that the president has unlimited powers in declassifying national secrets.

I've been reading all day here that that isn't true. Here, on Surly, I've seen laws cited and explained that I believe debunk the common claim repeated by the Post. Either the lawyers and other informed people on this site are wrong or the Post fact checking was uncharacteristicaly lazy.

I started out at Texas as a journalism student. I don't say that to claim profound knowledge of the field, just to indicate my long time interest. I believe that the dull-minded laziness and tendency to baby their audience has made a vast part of the press ineffectual. I subscribe to the Post, Atlantic, and New Yorker to do my part to encourage the best actors. 

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4

I’ve memed what I can and I’ve shared funny tweets, I’m tapped out. Trump and his followers don’t care how dumb and stupid they sound or look let alone his republican backers defending him. It’s a lost cause and nothing is going to come from any of this.

I hope I’m wrong. 

1 hour ago, Covri said:

I’ve memed what I can and I’ve shared funny tweets, I’m tapped out. Trump and his followers don’t care how dumb and stupid they sound or look let alone his republican backers defending him. It’s a lost cause and nothing is going to come from any of this.

I hope I’m wrong. 

You’re not.  Wrapping up weekend with MAGA in-laws in OK (shoot me now).  MIL and BIL comments are he had work to do when leaving office and took what was needed to do so (LOL from me), and apparently other staff removed the private docs without trumps knowledge that are causing the issue -trump didn’t know what was taken. But, and a very long drawn but at at that, if Trump ever did anything actually illegal, they might have to reconsider.  I pretty much stayed out of conversation and kept busy getting dinner ready, but did ask what would constitute illegal, with no coherent response possible.  They ain’t changing their mind now or ever.  The cult lives long and strong!

40 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

You’re not.  Wrapping up weekend with MAGA in-laws in OK (shoot me now).  MIL and BIL comments are he had work to do when leaving office and took what was needed to do so (LOL from me), and apparently other staff removed the private docs without trumps knowledge that are causing the issue -trump didn’t know what was taken. But, and a very long drawn but at at that, if Trump ever did anything actually illegal, they might have to reconsider.  I pretty much stayed out of conversation and kept busy getting dinner ready, but did ask what would constitute illegal, with no coherent response possible.  They ain’t changing their mind now or ever.  The cult lives long and strong!

Did you stick your dick in the mashed potatoes?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Maybe this is solid enough to shut a few lying mouths:

From Business Insider  1:30 AM 8/14/2022

• A former DOJ official who oversaw Hillary Clinton's emails said documents retrieved at Mar-a-Lago were "egregious."

• FBI agents found Trump with 11 sets of highly sensitive government information.

• One set of documents contained Sensitive Compartmented Information.

A former Justice Department official who oversaw the investigation of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's emails said the sensitivity of the documents that the FBI retrieved from Mar-a-Lago was "particularly stunning and particularly egregious."

Edited by AnTiM
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Born to Run said:
6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:
What’s his neighbor up to these days?056A7D12-F39A-490F-AD27-9722E6E1E0F8.thumb.jpeg.8a0b734a9fab06264d09cfb7b2ad1ae8.jpeg

Hopefully hitting the gym, doing roids, and meth?

Oh yeah.  Best part is the attacker was a manlet like Rand.  5’4’’ and caved his whole chest in. The doctor said it looked like a horse kicking injury.  Lulz

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Covri said:

I hope I’m wrong. 

His name escapes me but he’s on CNN interviewing/mocking trumpanzees was on yesterday and they showed him talking to a few of the nutjobs and one doesn’t believe AQ#2 was killed and that OBL is still alive(along with JFK Jr).  I mean, they all need to be lined up and introduced to the bear Jew.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I subscribe to the Washington Post web service largely because news organizations comprise one of the obstacles to tyranny. The can advertise that role by doing as you describe. The article you quote is a great summary of the story to date.

There are two things in the article with which I quibble.

First was this:

image.png.5ca98525518382c98885a565470d79e9.png

Even a great news organization falls into the formula that every aspect of a story entitles the second side to equal weight through quotes. The hi-lited bit above raises the issue of nation cleaving which doesn't really belong here and then quotes Trump's allies' outrageously false characterizations of the news event. If we're going to look into nation-cleaving, maybe the great Washington Post should should not provide a platform for provably absurd claims.

Next came the bald statement that the president has unlimited powers in declassifying national secrets.

I've been reading all day here that that isn't true. Here, on Surly, I've seen laws cited and explained that I believe debunk the common claim repeated by the Post. Either the lawyers and other informed people on this site are wrong or the Post fact checking was uncharacteristicaly lazy.

I started out at Texas as a journalism student. I don't say that to claim profound knowledge of the field, just to indicate my long time interest. I believe that the dull-minded laziness and tendency to baby their audience has made a vast part of the press ineffectual. I subscribe to the Post, Atlantic, and New Yorker to do my part to encourage the best actors. 

I’ve been on this side for a while. I especially think it needs to be implemented when it comes to Kremlin statements or claims. It’s fine to quote Zakharova or Medvedev when they are announcing plans or talking about what the Russian Federation wants to do.

But official Russian sources should never be quoted on factual claims about what Ukrainians are doing or what did and did not happen during the war, or anything that is theoretically knowable unless it’s been verified first. The same should be with DJT and his flunkies by now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

2bc.jpg

It's like rain in Austin or the Longhorn football team winning... it ain't happening until I've actually seen it happen.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

The entire "I took them home because I was working" excuse is so weird to me.

You stopped being president 18 months ago. Why do you still have them if that's the case? 

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The entire "I took them home because I was working" excuse is so weird to me.

You stopped being president 18 months ago. Why do you still have them if that's the case? 

Well, he was working from home.  Working on the highest bidder.

• Hook 'Em 3

They've ever had to change the story this many times in such a short period.  Normally it would have taken months for them to float this many excuses.  I am almost expecting it to change to he can sell documents to whoever he wants.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement