A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

All these people saying the civil war is imminent and lots of violence is about to start don't get it. The breakaway force is going to be annihilated by the feds if they try anything. This is the best I have felt about the government being done with taking dotards shit ever. He's fucked. 

The MAGA crazed aren’t going to let go, no matter what. There is nothing that can dissuade them. There is no turning back. Even if there is ironclad evidence against Trump we will see massive violence if action is taken.

Everyone knew Hitler did the night of long knives. Nothing was done. It’s going to be the same.

3 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

The MAGA crazed aren’t going to let go, no matter what. There is nothing that can dissuade them. There is no turning back. Even if there is ironclad evidence against Trump we will see massive violence if action is taken.

Everyone knew Hitler did the night of long knives. Nothing was done. It’s going to be the same.

I posit a similarity to the Bosnian War/Serbo-Croatian War/Croation War of Independence (depending upon which source) more than the German events. Still violent, still a hot mess, but the break-up of Yugoslavia caused a lot of tension and although I'm over simplifying things, this splintering in the US seems to be more akin to that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

All these people saying the civil war is imminent and lots of violence is about to start don't get it. The breakaway force is going to be annihilated by the feds if they try anything. This is the best I have felt about the government being done with taking dotards shit ever. He's fucked. 

The modern Civil War is in no way going to look like the previous Civil War.  It'll be  guerrilla warfare and be more like a terrorist organization with minimal representation,  but enough to break whatever "normal" has been in politics.  Much like mass shootings in schools has been normalized,  some form of domestic terrorism will be normalized. But it'll be a civil war.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, immamac said:

Until a Republican becomes president.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

The modern Civil War is in no way going to look like the previous Civil War.  It'll be  guerrilla warfare and be more like a terrorist organization with minimal representation,  but enough to break whatever "normal" has been in politics.  Much like mass shootings in schools has been normalized,  some form of domestic terrorism will be normalized. But it'll be a civil war.  

Ireland/Northern Ireland?

7 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I posit a similarity to the Bosnian War/Serbo-Croatian War/Croation War of Independence (depending upon which source) more than the German events. Still violent, still a hot mess, but the break-up of Yugoslavia caused a lot of tension and although I'm over simplifying things, this splintering in the US seems to be more akin to that.

That’s a good analogy, but saying that war “causes a lot of tension” is a massive understatement. More than 100,000 people died in that war and millions were displaced. 

16 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

We’re already there, but the deployment of state power against citizens and political violence between rural and urban areas  in some form is a low double digit probability in the next 5-10 years

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Five days?

Seriously, what do you expect to happen in five days?  A search warrant is an investigative tool.  This isn't an HPD drug bust.

Something to happen. The longer nothing gets announced the more time his supporters have to build a fake news case. The former president had a search warrant executed against him and you'd think that something would actually come of it pretty quickly knowing how high profile it is. You're right it's not some HPD drug bust, it's the highest profile investigation in the country.

10 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s a good analogy, but saying that war “causes a lot of tension” is a massive understatement. More than 100,000 people died in that war and millions were displaced. 

I could have explained that better---the "tension" in Yugoslavia prior to the war--their economy, unsettlement among other bloc countries, etc was ready to boil over.

10 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

We’re already there, but the deployment of state power against citizens and political violence between rural and urban areas  in some form is a low double digit probability in the next 5-10 years

There was a podcast a few years ago that predicted that very thing.  I forget the name but it was something about a new civil war.  I'd have to find out.  One scenario they laid out was militant groups in Northern California cutting off the water supply.

Also compared it to the Troubles in Ireland.  While not a civil war with armies, it would be pockets of armed resistance and they pointed out the IRA was never really that big.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is where I’m at and I’ve been comfortably on Briskets ledge since the early days.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

This assumes that enough of "the Feds" aren't on his side.

21 minutes ago, Covri said:

Something to happen. The longer nothing gets announced the more time his supporters have to build a fake news case. The former president had a search warrant executed against him and you'd think that something would actually come of it pretty quickly knowing how high profile it is. You're right it's not some HPD drug bust, it's the highest profile investigation in the country.

Yea cuz that’s how it works

2 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

The revolution is coming pretty fast. I’m afraid it’s going be like the 1930s and we are going to be saying “why didn’t we do something?” in 10 years.

Well, us on the Ledge will just be laughing and laughing, as we've been saying this for a long time.

billy-madison-cooking-fire.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Mark this quote

BRAVOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  All you nutcases please answer this guy's request and follow his fine example.  The sooner this country is rid of your insane asses the better off it will be.

(Too bad the site did not include the post I quoted re the guy who drove into the barrier at the Capitol this morning)

Edited by AnTiM
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Speaking of a guerrilla civil war….

What is the domestic terrorist party offering them for a shitty version of sticker bombing? Can’t be 72 virgins. Probably 72 assault rifles with underage genitals that they can have sex with in the afterlife 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well sure.

Except that we just learned elements of the Secret Service and an actual Inspector General deleted evidence and tried to cover it up and lied about it regarding an actual attempted coup.

And that many of the J6 terrorists were active and retired cops and military.

And that there are probably loads of LEOs - federal and state - who are Trumpkins.

So. Yeah.

This. The notion that the armed forces and law enforcement form some sort of unanimous bloc of unwavering constitutional purists is naive.

The military and police forces are made up of people. On average, those people are more right-leaning than the average American. The lower, boots-on-the-ground levels of each are predominantly right-wing.  They come from rural areas and likely have deep ties to (and even share the views of) MAGA cultists who are their friends, family, and fellow churchgoers. And beyond the general demographics, extreme far right groups have been actively infiltrating the military and law enforcement for decades. 

I don’t have a lot of faith that the military and law enforcement will end up fighting for the good guys once bullets start flying. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Man….y’all remember when even I thought I might be overreacting about how awful and destructive a Trump presidency would be?

Good times, good times.

Yeah, I’m on the ledge too, only because it affords me a better view to laugh at these morons.  Attacking the FBI one clown at a time isn’t gonna do shit.  
The abortion vote in KS shows where the country is even in deep red states.  I know you hope I’m right, so there’s at least that.   

Now, show me more gravy seals please.  

• Like 3

This is a much better analogy that what I proposed.

People all over the world kill each other over politics, skin color, language, religions - it’s not like it’s new. But now the crazy has been let out of the bag in the US.

These people aren’t just going to say “I see your point and I’ve been misled and manipulated.”

They are going to ram the ship into the iceberg and go down with it and then blame the libtards because the water is cold.
  • Like 3

Exactly this.  LFG.  Bring it.  

11 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

People all over the world kill each other over politics, skin color, language, religions - it’s not like it’s new. But now the crazy has been let out of the bag in the US.

These people aren’t just going to say “I see your point and I’ve been misled and manipulated.”

They are going to ram the ship into the iceberg and go down with it and then blame the libtards because the water is cold.

I know Bosnians who fought out there.  These are hardened people.  How many trumptards have the mental fortitude to deal with seeing guts spilled to their left and right?  I can tell you from a past life working in trauma, very few people can process it well and function.  The big fat tough guys are the worst 90% of the time.  Women do much much better.  

Of course there will be one offs but a well organized sustained war of any kind?  LOL

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, immamac said:

Keep em coming. -1

This…I’d like to hope that the occasional, dedicated crazies getting appropriate consequences, televised nationally, is enough to gut-check most of the rest.  It’s gotta be harder to convince a critical mass of people to take up arms against the country when they regularly see folks dying in corn fields, killing themselves or being locked up.  

It’s all fun and games on 4Chan/Truth Social/etc until Billy badass actually gets killed for trying to attack an FBI office.  

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If there is a breakaway force, then you have civil war. Easily quashing an armed insurrection does not change the definition of the insurrection.

Yes, if the Army is with the government there is no chance of an overthrow. 

As I wrote a few years ago and many times since, I never thought I'd have to wonder where the Army stands politically. It doesn't matter that Trump is making the right choice easy; it matters that it matters at all.

Maybe it's because this is a sports board, but people assuming that by raising an issue one has already concluded the outcome is tiresome. 

I think the offense will be great. You're crazy if you think we'll go undefeated.

This is some serious shit against Trump. You're crazy if you think anything will happen.

Non sequitur

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well sure.

Except that we just learned elements of the Secret Service and an actual Inspector General deleted evidence and tried to cover it up and lied about it regarding an actual attempted coup.

And that many of the J6 terrorists were active and retired cops and military.

And that there are probably loads of LEOs - federal and state - who are Trumpkins.

So. Yeah.

All of this. 

11 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I know Bosnians who fought out there.  These are hardened people.  How many trumptards have the mental fortitude to deal with seeing guts spilled to their left and right.  I can tell you from a past life working in trauma very few people can process it well and function.  The big fat tough guys are the worst 90% of the time.  Women do much much better.  

Of course there will be one offs but a well organized sustained war of any kind?  LOL

I think I get where you're coming from @ChiTownDoc, and it isn't an apples to apples comparison. The former Yugoslavia during the decades leading up to the war had various events and political maneuverings, etc. that fueled anger and resentment among various factions. In addition as your point illustrates, many citizens were serving in various (I don't know the proper term) 'defense forces' and such like. In @Bama Chick's example, as well as @BrickHorn's, you get someone turning a rifle on someone else, forming an offshoot group, or in the case of rural counties--running an entire town. Hell, it wasn't all that long ago that Booger County (Robertson County, TX) seemed to be run by a handful of folks and for all I know it still is. One thing people still know how to do is create 'sundown' towns and pick which groups they want to eject. Same old hate. A few years of that and lines will be further hardened, IMO. Once someone kills someone you know, pretty hard for most folks to take the pacifist philosophy.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I think I get where you're coming from @ChiTownDoc, and it isn't an apples to apples comparison. The former Yugoslavia during the decades leading up to the war had various events and political maneuverings, etc. that fueled anger and resentment among various factions. In addition as your point illustrates, many citizens were serving in various (I don't know the proper term) 'defense forces' and such like. In @Bama Chick's example, as well as @BrickHorn's, you get someone turning a rifle on someone else, forming an offshoot group, or in the case of rural counties--running an entire town. Hell, it wasn't all that long ago that Booger County (Robertson County, TX) seemed to be run by a handful of folks and for all I know it still is. One thing people still know how to do is create 'sundown' towns and pick which groups they want to eject. Same old hate. A few years of that and lines will be further hardened, IMO. Once someone kills someone you know, pretty hard for most folks to take the pacifist philosophy.

Well, when you’ve lost Booger County…

The govt will let them play their games and if it’s a real threat they’ll go in there one day and decimate whatever the local sheriff and his men think they’ve set up.  Until then, they can cosplay all they want.  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Covri said:

You keep saying nothing so obviously you don't know how any of this works either.  

Ok. I can read what they lawyers on this board have said. The idea that the most high profile criminal charge in the history of this nation was going to happen 5 days after a warrant was served, for thousands of pages of evidence, is just dumb.

For reference, Michael Cohen was raided April 9th, he pled guilty August 21st.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I think our world will resemble the one parodied in the movie Brazil where terrorism is just a backdrop to life as usual. Great movie. I didn't consider it prophetic at the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement