A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Good thread:

tl;dr - DOJ may have just did this to get the documents and may not press charges unless they have an additional charge they can bring (like obstruction)

Your tldr isn't really summarizing what the thread says.

My tldr would read: The DOJ treated Trump with kid gloves vs other similar cases, and as a result would have an even stronger case against him if they were to prosecute.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cacti said:

Here’s my question: If the purpose of the warrant was not to indict but rather to just secure sensitive documents, wasn’t there another way to repossess the documents other than use the FBI?

Specifically, is there any way that the warrant could have been enforced by another federal agency—one that just mentioning their name doesn’t automatically trigger so many people? Or perhaps it could have been enforced by state authorities, even though it originated on a federal level?

Name a federal agency that doesn’t trigger Republicans 

They want to eliminate most of them 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Cacti said:

Here’s my question: If the purpose of the warrant was not to indict but rather to just secure sensitive documents, wasn’t there another way to repossess the documents other than use the FBI?

Specifically, is there any way that the warrant could have been enforced by another federal agency—one that just mentioning their name doesn’t automatically trigger so many people? Or perhaps it could have been enforced by state authorities, even though it originated on a federal level?

Because they'd already tried a subpoena, about the only other thing I can think of is a civil suit, seeking an order to inspect the premises and retrieve any classified or PRA documents.

Edited by TwiceHorn

41 minutes ago, Cacti said:

Or perhaps it could have been enforced by state authorities, even though it originated on a federal level?

You'd send state troopers to go in and collect papers that potentially include Top Secret SCI information?

• Like 2

I kind of went down the rabbit hole on this Twitter thread and watched all the videos.  Most are veterans.  All are scary.  I amend my comments above.  We are fucked.  These people are hard core, mentally ill, uneducated and scary as fuck.

• Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

You'd send state troopers to go in and collect papers that potentially include Top Secret SCI information?

I’m not even sure that state authorities can enforce federal laws, hence the question.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

steve-buscemi-fuck-all-that.gif

I appreciate that CNN hasn't devolved into becoming Fox/OAN/NewsMax for the "other side." Yes, CNN can be incompetent at times (OK, maybe a lot of times) but I do appreciate their attempt to maintain some sense of journalistic integrity. Having worked for nearly a decade in mainstream media, it was easy to see that American media has always slanted a bit to the left at least within the news departments but there are ethics -- and consequences for misstatements and/or fuckups big or small. You'll never see CNN or the New York Times/WaPo/etc use an excuse like Fox did in the lawsuit that was brought against Tucker Carlson. And I'm glad for that.

I don't equate CNN, a news organization, with FOX, the malign propaganda arm of a criminal organization. Someone else did that in response to my post.

I watch CNN. My criticism is that they're lazy and don't generally dig up any news on their own that isn't merely a quote. They certainly have individuals on air who are very sharp, but their template is to continually grind any story into political analysis sausage. 

As for bias, I've always rejected the claim that news coverage is biased. That was another prong of the right wing hate strategy employed to separate citizens from the few tools and avenues they have for grievance against the powerful. I read a reliable article years ago that pointed out the method used to "prove" journalists were biased against the right. One of the questions of the poll was a person's position on abortion and another was about the person's stance on whatever war we were perpetrating at the time.

I think the appearance of political bias has to do with the press calling out the right on its lying hate campaign and their disastrous policies not with some political agenda to promote the Dems.

Sometimes the press is wrong, sometimes the NYT publishes a lie generated by one of their reporters. The legitimate press publish that they've erred and fire liars. Not so FOX. 

I am critical of the TV news in this country. I think they are generally lazy regarding digging up stories. I think they actually prefer the predictable to anything actually new thus we get year-round coverage of political races and impacts events have on political races. I think their laziness is why the reportage and analysis is the same limited inquiry after somebody shoots up a school, church, or retail store (how was the gun acquired? will there be legislation?)

I think it's every national TV reporter's wet dream to host a political opinion talk show. It's my nightmare that they can't make an editorial decision about the balance of truth/solid argument and lies/raving demagoguery. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

I'm confident I am more fit and better looking than the majority of the MAGA bros. Probably like shooting fish in a barrel. Could even whisper "Dark Brandon sent me" in a chicks ear at that moment.

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

You'd have your pick of feisty autotuned-country-music fan wimmen who never said "no" to a gravy biscuit.

Or you could just sing a song about a truck, auto-tune it, and get it played non-stop on stations between Birmingham Alabama and Greenville South Carolina, in my own very recent experience.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I kind of went down the rabbit hole on this Twitter thread and watched all the videos.  Most are veterans.  All are scary.  I amend my comments above.  We are fucked.  These people are hard core, mentally ill, uneducated and scary as fuck.

Hurr durr.

Trump 'Respectfully' Requests FBI Returns Seized Documents To Mar-A-Lago

The former president also slammed the FBI as "corrupt" for confiscating the material. Some of it was marked as classified and top secret, according to a warrant.

Edited by Bullneck

42 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Two people who think that Let's Go Brandon is equally funny are bound to make a real interesting, fun couple.

It's probably no different than married couples that watch The Bachelor together.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.8165227eb23dc8d08a349d618096602f.png

Where those who can't conjugate a verb meet[s] those who don't know what conjugate means.

MAGAT:  bullshit, I know what conjugate is!  That’s when yer in prison for sedition, and they let yer sweetie in to suck your dick!

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Sheriff departments won’t do shit, because they love their paychecks and their pensions far more than Trump.

I think this is exactly what it's going to come down to.  Most people talk real big until their wealth is on the line, and only a small minority of LE is going to put that on the line to team up with the gravy seals.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I really don't want to derail this thread, but I have to get this off my chest. Foot rubs lead to oral sex. They are definitely in the same ball park.
And I say that thinking that Pulp Fiction is one of the greatest movies of all time.

Oral sex can lead to Hep C. Ergo foot rubs and Hep C….same ballpark.

59 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

good great thread.

I'm afraid that thread is not likely legally accurate, in that the President can essentially wave a magic wand and have things declassified.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2022/aug/11/could-trump-argue-declassified-documents/

However, it's not legally relevant to those statutes.  And, I think there's a serious fact question as to whether he did or not.  For one thing, even Trump memorialized his declassification decisions, even those he did going out the door.   https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/presidential-actions/memorandum-declassification-certain-materials-related-fbis-crossfire-hurricane-investigation/

Also, "declassification" was the third or fourth thing he brought up in response to the warrant, and it should have been the first, if that's what he actually did.

He's a lying sack of shit.  Blinding glimpse of the obvious.

Edited by TwiceHorn

This may be true, but at least CNN is doing it on accident through sheer stupidity.  Fox is just evil.

VERY generous of you to think them continually pulling this both-sides shit is “on accident”

It’s about ratings and ad dollars, and what drives profits is consistency.

7 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

VERY generous of you to think them continually pulling this both-sides shit is “on accident”

It’s about ratings and ad dollars, and what drives profits is consistency.

They both retain legal experts for everything that they share to audiences, so there are no accidents. 

Edited by Mdhorn

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement