A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

good great thread.

Really breaks it down for even the most basic Fox viewer to understand if they'll read it, which they won't, but fully illustrates the rule and why's.  

What I don't like is that it goes into detail about their storage safety which should never be an issue since they can't be removed from the room where they are stored on premises.  Even the explanation almost begs the rationality of their removal is fine if they go to a similar facility which is not true. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Really breaks it down for even the most basic Fox viewer to understand if they'll read it, which they won't, but fully illustrates the rule and why's.  
What I don't like is that it goes into detail about their storage safety which should never be an issue since they can't be removed from the room where they are stored on premises.  Even the explanation almost begs the rationality of their removal is fine if they go to a similar facility which is not true. 

I always hated having to deal with classified shit when I was in the military. Especially fucking crypto.

I was always paranoid that I was going to do something wrong and end up in the brig.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I really don't want to derail this thread, but I have to get this off my chest. Foot rubs lead to oral sex. They are definitely in the same ball park.

And I say that thinking that Pulp Fiction is one of the greatest movies of all time.

guymakingnotes.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Oral sex can lead to Hep C. Ergo foot rubs and Hep C….same ballpark.

Bullshit. Lots of things lead to oral sex. And some you can do in front of strangers at an airport like wine drinking and hugs and foot rubs by a small Thai man at massage kiosk. Aint in the same ballpark.

And to my point, CNN aint Fox

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I think this is exactly what it's going to come down to.  Most people talk real big until their wealth is on the line, and only a small minority of LE is going to put that on the line to team up with the gravy seals.  

Keep in mind, Trumsters think Trump is literally one of the smartest people in the world.  They are profoundly stupid.  I do not trust them to calculate the risk here.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Concentrated on work this past week. There was a lot of information to absorb when I tuned back in to the world. I didn’t see a link to Stonekettle’s essay, on the materials Trump stole, upthread. SK focuses on SIGINT, a field he worked in for two decades. Damage has been done to our nation.

Meaning we will have to operate in an assumed compromised state until systems can be changed, upgraded, or shut down and other sources of information developed.” 

https://www.stonekettle.com/2022/08/loose-lips-sink-ships.html?m=1

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

c86537cd-cdde-4f2e-ae0b-8c764bdb16ae_tex

It's not really "technically" at all.  It's a pretty simple fact.  If classification or lack thereof provided a defense to these crimes (it does not), Trump's declassification ability would provide a pretty solid defense.  Except there's a massive fact question as to whether Trump invoked that power when he still had it.

If you have no stomach for "technicalities," you better avoid legal issues altogether, because the law is nothing but technicalities.

That thread loses a lot of credibility with that initial assertion.  The more in depth politifact article from years back, with Vladeck weighing in.  https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/may/16/james-risch/does-president-have-ability-declassify-anything-an/

I think I'm coming around to the conclusion that this crime won't be indicted, or, if it is, it will be in conjunction with the 1/6 crimes.

It seems the first priority was to get the documents back, with any criminal charges secondary.  This was a rather extreme way to do it, but given Trumpco's previous non-compliance, the only way.

And, it serves as a convenient trial balloon.  It's testing public sentiment and revealing those numbnuts likely to engage in violence, for current prosecution or further consideration in the event of a 1/6 indictment.

For what it's worth, I have a new work phone and the number must have belonged to a GQPer before, and I typically get tons of obnoxious fundraising texts.  Usually from Mike Pence.  And radio silence this weekend.

They're still figuring out their talking points I guess.

12 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

For what it's worth, I have a new work phone and the number must have belonged to a GQPer before, and I typically get tons of obnoxious fundraising texts.  Usually from Mike Pence.  And radio silence this weekend.

They're still figuring out their talking points I guess.

Or, as Twice pointed out, they're realizing it was just to get the docs out of his hands and nothing more will come of it....which really pisses me off.

This orange motherfucker will never taste justice.  He's above the law. 

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Or, as Twice pointed out, they're realizing it was just to get the docs out of his hands and nothing more will come of it....which really pisses me off.

This orange motherfucker will never taste justice.  He's above the law. 

They’d still want to fundraise and foment anger off of it.

and backing off short of indictment may give the nutters belief that it was their outrage and threats that stopped it- which only emboldens them to continue. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

29 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think I'm coming around to the conclusion that this crime won't be indicted, or, if it is, it will be in conjunction with the 1/6 crimes.

It seems the first priority was to get the documents back, with any criminal charges secondary.  This was a rather extreme way to do it, but given Trumpco's previous non-compliance, the only way.

And, it serves as a convenient trial balloon.  It's testing public sentiment and revealing those numbnuts likely to engage in violence, for current prosecution or further consideration in the event of a 1/6 indictment.

So all your "See, Garland is doing work.  Told you losers he was on top of things." was complete bullshit?

Go figure.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

So all your "See, Garland is doing work.  Told you losers he was on top of things." was complete bullshit?

Go figure.

Getting the documents back and making mega world out to be the lying stupid cult living hypocrites they are,  is in fact doing work.  That turn about was glorious. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Gatorubet said:

Getting the documents back and making mega world out to be the lying stupid cult living hypocrites they are,  is in fact doing work.  That turn about was glorious. 

And was about steps two and three in what should have been a ten-step process.  You take top secret shit out of its secured area and leave it laying around your crib, you fucking go to jail.

• Hook 'Em 7

You only indict on this if you have nothing else. I’m not saying they will indict at all - I’ve gotten my hopes up before I’m not falling for that one again - but they’ve got him on more than retaining top secret files. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Can’t be emphasized enough that most of MAGA has a worldview shaped to a great deal by TV and movies.  They really are observers of a cinematic universe that has been created for them with storylines and villains and heroes. 

Yep.  I really do think they have trouble distinguishing between reality and fiction.  It's a weird combo.  They believe what's on the screen, but they also think it's all not really happening in real life, which is why they have no empathy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's not really "technically" at all.  It's a pretty simple fact.  If classification or lack thereof provided a defense to these crimes (it does not), Trump's declassification ability would provide a pretty solid defense.  Except there's a massive fact question as to whether Trump invoked that power when he still had it.

If you have no stomach for "technicalities," you better avoid legal issues altogether, because the law is nothing but technicalities.

That thread loses a lot of credibility with that initial assertion.  The more in depth politifact article from years back, with Vladeck weighing in.  https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/may/16/james-risch/does-president-have-ability-declassify-anything-an/

53 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is why we lose.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, troph said:

You only indict on this if you have nothing else. I’m not saying they will indict at all - I’ve gotten my hopes up before I’m not falling for that one again - but they’ve got him on more than retaining top secret files. 

I don’t know. Superseding indictments are pretty commonplace 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t know. Superseding indictments are pretty commonplace 

Just my theory, former president you go all in. I’m not saying you don’t stack them, I’m saying the first drop has the biggest.  Plus you’ve got the GA one coming on election tampering. Top secret docs vs election stealing. If the Feds want the limelight they need to compete. 

Edited by troph

Watching this thread seesaw between "WE GOT HIM" and "it's going to be a big nothing burger" within 3 days is more entertaining than the football forum, all because Garland didn't have him thrown into Gitmo within a day. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Go figure.

Not what I said at all.  Whatever happens, I think it is a part of a deliberate strategy.

Applying for and executing this warrant was not the move of someone cowed by political reaction.  Garland is clearly doing work here.  Also, doing on the qt and letting Trump be the one to publicize it, only to call his bluff on the unsealing of the warrant was a bit of a master stroke.

What I meant to say (and I think I said it) was that priority one here was to get the documents back.  Whether criminal charges follow is a secondary consideration, and, criminally, there are bigger fish to fry in the form of a 1/6 prosecution.  A lot of that is going to depend on what the documents are and whether there is evidence of their use for nefarious and unlawful purposes.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, troph said:

Kinda, yeah.  I'm not sure I'd go that far.  But I think two separate indictments for this and 1/6 might be considered overdoing it.  A single indictment for both less so, although I think it would be "severable" into two cases because they are independent criminal episodes (unless the documents bear on 1/6 somehow, which is possible).

26 minutes ago, troph said:

Just my theory, former president you go all in. I’m not saying you don’t stack them, I’m saying the first drop has the biggest.  Plus you’ve got the GA one coming on election tampering. Top secret docs vs election stealing. If the Feds want the limelight they need to compete. 

The devils advocate is that you indict on the counts you have the easiest chance at conviction. The Jan 6 stuff hinges on intent and knowledge, which is murkier than hanging on to documents that can damage our national security interests. The latter is simple and pretty black and white 

Edited to add that Capone went down for tax evasion 

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I personally think that they have evidence of him selling shit.  I think they are just dotting i's and crossing t's, since to convict, it has to be beyond a reasonable doubt.  

Merrick Garland is a professional. This is not some Trump appointment slapdick tripping over their feet every step.  A former US CoA judge isn’t stupid or reckless or sloppy 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Watching this thread seesaw between "WE GOT HIM" and "it's going to be a big nothing burger" within 3 days is more entertaining than the football forum, all because Garland didn't have him thrown into Gitmo within a day. 

This. Exactly this.

When your defense of the position “nothing will happen” revolves entirely around “he isn’t in prison already, so it’ll never happen,” you really don’t have any real permission to argue that this isn’t about impatience.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement