A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

"“Come and get me you piece of shit feds,” he wrote on social media. “I am going to fucking slaughter you."

"In one post, according to the affidavit, he said, "HEY FEDS. We the people cannot WAIT to water the trees of liberty with your blood. I’ll be waiting for you to kick down my door.”

"My only goal is to kill more of them before I drop," Mr. Bies wrote on Thursday. "I will not spend one second of my life in their custody."

After an emergency request for information, Gab provided subscriber data for "Adam Campbell," which the FBI said is an alias that Mr. Bies said he used "so that corporate Murica' can't google me out of a job."

This may be the best thing I've ever read, and I read The Brothers Karamazov.  It appears Adam Bies is a violent sociopath who thinks threatening mass slaughter is all fun and games. Unfortunately, it appears that Adam Bies doesn't understand fuck about shit when it comes to IP addresses.  But then Adam Bies is not what would appear to be the smartest knife in the drawer. Adam Bies is also an anti-vaxxer:  https://www.thedailybeast.com/adam-bies-pennsylvania-anti-vaxxer-enraged-by-trump-raid-at-mar-a-lago-is-arrested-for-vile-fbi-threats

It's really just amazing how the political points of view line up. My guess is that probably 9 out of 10 anti-vaxxers voted for Trump, despite the fact that Trump himself was vaxxed.

As my grandfather used to say, you can't fix stupid. 

Image tagged in oj simpson,harvey levin,tmz - Imgflip

3 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Also, isn't dotard in NY or NJ.  How the hell would he know his passports were taken from FL?  The demented asshole probably just lost them.

He’ll be accusing them of swiping the cash off his nightstand next

3 hours ago, CTC2 said:

I think 95% of the Red Hats are either crazy, stupid, racist, uneducated, or republicans who haven't gotten the memo that their party has been completely hijacked by crazy, stupid, racist, and uneducated people.  Take the percentage of republicans who support Trump and I will show you a group of people who don't mind living in an authoritarian state so as long as the dictator is Trump or someone who agrees with them.

this runs deep in them. they want the good old days back 

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Umm, there are like 57 entries on that docket.  That must be the grand jury that's dealing with this, and what else?

That's a pretty fair amount of docket entries for a criminal, preliminary case.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

There was a similar story a couple of years back.

Jared and Ivanka moved into a DC neighborhood, and in that neighborhood, only a block or two away, was the Obama residence.   Despite having 9 bathrooms, Jared and Ivanka didn't allow any SS agents to use one.  

Meanwhile, the Obamas, being decent people,  had converted a portion of the garage in their place into a lounge, of sorts, for their SS detail.  Put in a break room with a kitchen and a bathroom.

Well, since the Kirshner detail couldn't use a bathroom at the Kirshner's, they started using the Obama facility too.  Until one day when a Kirshner detail agent went over there and took a massive, taco bell filthy, dirty dump, and left the place a shit-covered mess, like the agent was a certain former Texas coach, and the Obama's home was Walker Little's. 

After that,  the Senior agent on the Obama detail banned the Kirshner team from setting foot on the Obama property. 

UFO-DKRC-Front.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

He hasn’t lost Fox News. They did this same thing after 1/6. They’ll be back to licking his ballsack in a day or two. 

Yup. Just covering their bases. I think even they were surprised how quickly the cult deflected, ignored, and jumped back on board after 1/6. They'll cover their asses now and temporary be on the "right" side just in case this is finally the thing that sticks to him...but they know that it won't and already have next week's talking points laid out.

Also, Fox repeating this shit in somber terms, how things are explosive and hot and it’s not clear what Trump can do is helping the extortion and setting the stage for an outburst of “unavoidable” violence.  Russian talking heads had similar tones in the months before Russia attacked Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

As I’ve stated, I am not a lawyer. The specter of TFG declassifying nuclear secrets is haunting enough that I have looked firther into the matter, and the legal opinion reported by the NYT doesn’t jibe with @TwiceHorn.

“What about nuclear secrets?

They are distinct, although for purposes of criminal law there is little substantive difference.

Congress has passed a law, the Atomic Energy Act, that imposes its own legal restrictions on mishandling information about how to build a nuclear bomb or enrich nuclear material. Such information is called “restricted data.” Legally, it is not the same thing as being “classified” under the executive order, although in everyday parlance people often refer to it as classified.

The law established a process for making decisions about downgrading such protections. For those involving military weapons, Congress mandated that the decision be made jointly by senior officials at the Energy snd Defense Departments; if the two departments disagree about whether or not to do so, the law says the president makes the final determination. So at a minimum, those officials must be involved in any decision to downgrade nuclear weapons information into so-called formerly restricted data.

The Atomic Energy Act made it a crimefor officials to disclose restricted data without authorization. But whether or not dangerous nuclear weapons information remains deemed to be restricted data, the Espionage Act separately makes its unauthorized retention or disclosure a crime.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/14/us/politics/trump-classified-documents.html

Maybe Twice’s sources are more knowledgeable than the NYT’s. I hope not. Of course, maybe the two Departments disagreed, but that seems unlikely. What does seem likely is that some folks believe POTUS has kingly power. I argue that patriots do not believe this to be so.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Link
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

The law established a process for making decisions about downgrading such protections. For those involving military weapons, Congress mandated that the decision be made jointly by senior officials at the Energy snd Defense Departments; if the two departments disagree about whether or not to do so, the law says the president makes the final determination.

Pretty scary to think about when you consider that Rick Perry once headed the Dept. of Energy, a dept. he wanted to eliminate (but couldn’t remember it during a debate), and who didn’t know until he became its Secretary that managing our nuclear arsenal was one of its responsibilities.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Pretty scary to think about when you consider that Rick Perry once headed the Dept. of Energy, a dept. he wanted to eliminate (but couldn’t remember it during a debate), and who didn’t know until he became its Secretary that managing our nuclear arsenal was one of its responsibilities.

image.jpeg.e4122fdb34564df019b0f32be5507eff.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

As I’ve stated, I am not a lawyer. The specter of TFG declassifying nuclear secrets is haunting enough that I have looked firther into the matter, and the legal opinion reported by the NYT doesn’t jibe with @TwiceHorn.

“What about nuclear secrets?

They are distinct, although for purposes of criminal law there is little substantive difference.

Congress has passed a law, the Atomic Energy Act, that imposes its own legal restrictions on mishandling information about how to build a nuclear bomb or enrich nuclear material. Such information is called “restricted data.” Legally, it is not the same thing as being “classified” under the executive order, although in everyday parlance people often refer to it as classified.

The law established a process for making decisions about downgrading such protections. For those involving military weapons, Congress mandated that the decision be made jointly by senior officials at the Energy snd Defense Departments; if the two departments disagree about whether or not to do so, the law says the president makes the final determination. So at a minimum, those officials must be involved in any decision to downgrade nuclear weapons information into so-called formerly restricted data.

The Atomic Energy Act made it a crimefor officials to disclose restricted data without authorization. But whether or not dangerous nuclear weapons information remains deemed to be restricted data, the Espionage Act separately makes its unauthorized retention or disclosure a crime.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/14/us/politics/trump-classified-documents.html

Maybe Twice’s sources are more knowledgeable than the NYT’s. I hope not. Of course, maybe the two Departments disagreed, but that seems unlikely. What does seem likely is that some folks believe POTUS has kingly power. I argue that patriots do not believe this to be so.

Congress passes laws all that time that get deemed unconstitutional. But I don’t see how this even gets that far. Implicit in the directive that the President arbitrate disputes over declassification that arise between DOD and DOE is the understanding that the President has ultimate authority to declassify.  And since both secretaries are under his authority as the chief executive, he could simply direct both of them at any time to declassify information.

It seems pretty clear that the intent of the law was not to limit presidential classification authority but rather to direct a consultative process between DOE and DOD so neither agency got caught wrong footed on another agent’s decision. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Congress passes laws all that time that get deemed unconstitutional. But I don’t see how this even gets that far. Implicit in the directive that the President arbitrate disputes over declassification that arise between DOD and DOE is the understanding that the President has ultimate authority to declassify.  And since both secretaries are under his authority as the chief executive, he could simply direct both of them at any time to declassify information.

It seems pretty clear that the intent of the law was not to limit presidential classification authority but rather to direct a consultative process between DOE and DOD so neither agency got caught wrong footed on another agent’s decision. 

Yeah I looked back at the Atomic Energy Act, and the above was all I saw.  I couldn't find any citation in the original contention that even POTUS can't declassify "restricted data" under it.

But, yeah, that portion, which I found, really actually reinforces that POTUS is the ultimate arbiter of it.

It gives me no joy to report any of this.

The good news is that 739 does not depend on classification status.

As I have said repeatedly now, it seems that a lot of our laws aren't really adequate to deal with a Trump situation.  In this case, it would seem that under the Constitutional scheme, the laws cannot be made fully adequate.  Like the social contract, the Constitutional scheme assumes good-faith actors.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So the DOJ now says they did take the passports? From DailyMail.com, so not sure of veracity. 

image.png.26dfaac26866eb7c703a295d2fa2542e.png

If true, that’s worse for trump and what a fucking moron for screaming it to the world. So they took passports stored with classified probably nuclear secrets trump may have been selling to foreign enemies.

5 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

If true, that’s worse for trump and what a fucking moron for screaming it to the world. So they took passports stored with classified probably nuclear secrets trump may have been selling to foreign enemies.

They were both expired and he has no business using his diplomatic passport. Nothingburger.

11 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Still a nothingburger. Not like he could use them

10 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Oh and no one should give a shit about whether passports were taken or not. It’s a distraction and has nothing to do with the national security documents Trump should not have taken. 

And as mentioned earlier, passports are government property anyway.

§ 51.7 Passport property of the U.S. Government. (a) A passport at all times remains the property of the United States and must be returned to the U.S. Government upon demand.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/22/51.7#:~:text=CFR-,§ 51.7 Passport property of the U.S. Government.,the U.S. Government upon demand.

Edited by Biff Tannen
add link, because you gotta document your sources. you've got to.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, 'stache said:

It's way more than 30%, and the rest of them are more than willing to stoke the fires to take advantage of these gullible pieces of shit to win elections. 

Yeah. I would buy 30% of the US population, but of the republican party? It's more like 60%. It was definitely over 50% in 2016, because that would be required for Trump to be their nominee for president, and a lot of reasonable people have left the party since then.

51 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Who are Evan and Jim and why are they in mountain time?

Jay Bratt is the head of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section of the DOJ's National Security Division. I googled it and he has been mentioned in previous articles. 

To me, the bigger concern is if they weren't listed in the inventory.  But maybe those inventories are just for the shit the FBI is keeping, not all the shit they took.  Or maybe it's not that detailed.  

Edit ---didn't read close enough.  Not sure who Jim is. 

Edited by Tuco

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Unsealing the search warrant affidavit before indictment would be extremely unusual, I think.

Once indicted, the defendant is entitled to it, and anything underlying it to investigate 4th Amendment violations.  But it still is not usually for public consumption.

This isn't some conspiracy. It's adults dealing with a spoiled child.

January 2022: Fifteen boxes of presidential records are retrieved from Mar-a-Lago in a transfer arranged by the National Archives and Records Administration. 

Feb. 18, 2022: Classified information was found in the 15 boxes of White House records that had been stored at Mar-a-Lago, the National Archives and Records Administration says.  It also confirmed that the matter had been sent to the Justice Department.

Feb. 25, 2022: The House Committee on Oversight and Reform seeks additional documents from the National Archives as part of its investigation into Trump’s handling of White House records. 

Spring 2022: Investigators from the Justice Department and FBI visit Mar-a-Lago to get more information about classified materials taken to Florida. Federal officials also served a subpoena for some documents believed to be at the estate.

(Trump Ignores Subpoena)

June 3, 2022: Jay I. Bratt, the top counterintelligence official in the Justice Department’s national security division, visits MAL and inspects the storage of documents. Mr. Bratt and his team left with additional material marked classified

Mid June 2022: Trump lawyer sent signed statement that all documents marked as classified and held in boxes had been given back. 

Mid June 2022: The Justice Department subpoenaed surveillance footage from Mar-a-Lago recorded over a 60-day period, including views from outside the storage room. The footage showed that, after one instance in which Justice Department officials were in contact with Mr. Trump’s team, boxes were moved in and out of the room.

Aug. 5, 2022: U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart in South Florida approves an application for a search warrant, finding the FBI had probable cause to search Mar-a-Lago. 

Aug 8, 2022: The FBI executes the search at Mar-a-Lago 

Aug. 12, 2022: Judge Reinhart unseals the warrant that authorized the FBI to search Mar-a-Lago, along with court papers showing that agents recovered 11 sets of classified records. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

§ 51.7 Passport property of the U.S. Government. (a) A passport at all times remains the property of the United States and must be returned to the U.S. Government upon demand.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/22/51.7#:~:text=CFR-,§ 51.7 Passport property of the U.S. Government.,the U.S. Government upon demand.

This.

The USG can take away your passport whenever it wants. I don't think they need a reason, because it's not your property. 

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So the DOJ now says they did take the passports? From DailyMail.com, so not sure of veracity. 

image.png.26dfaac26866eb7c703a295d2fa2542e.png

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Who are Evan and Jim and why are they in mountain time?

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

47 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

They seized 3 passports and 2 were expired. You dont inadvertently seize passports unless they were found with the many reams of documents properly taken

44 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Still a nothingburger. Not like he could use them

34 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Maggie tweeted this out too.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This.

The USG can take away your passport whenever it wants. I don't think they need a reason, because it's not your property. 

Maybe from a lawyer's perspective, they don't need a reason.  But as a citizen, yeah, they need a fucking reason.  You can't just have FBI agents deciding to confiscate passports. That's a bullshit position.  

Sounds like the FBI fucked up here.  But, per the email, it was two expired passports and one diplomatic one, so nothing that Trump could actually use. So, it's not really a big deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Counterpoint is that POTUS is just the tie breaker and not any more of an ultimate authority than the VP is on Senate votes other than ties. And just because those positions are under him doesn't mean that POTUS can perform their duties for them. It's possible that they both refuse his order to declassify (and of course get fired and replaced, but maybe in another non-MAGAt universe what he's asking is so crazy that he can't find anyone who will do it).

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Trump isn’t losing FOX, FFS.  His words about lowering the temperature aren’t a gotdamn olive branch, they’re a fucking threat.  Come on, people. 

“Vito, this shop is great. Beautiful. But all this olive oil, all these boxes. A fire could really spread. What can we do to make sure that doesn’t happen?”

• Hook 'Em 1

The media and everyone else needs to stop falling for Trump’s “flood the zone with bullshit” tactics. Next, Trump is going to accuse an FBI agent of taking Melania’s underwear when searching the closets. He will call it panty-gate and Fox will run 100 hrs of coverage on it over the next week while publicizing the FBI agent’s home address and phone number. By the time he’s perp walked the GOP mainstream will be full QAnon deep state “DOJ is filled with perv pedophiles” and he’ll be re-elected President from prison

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The media and everyone else needs to stop falling for Trump’s “flood the zone with bullshit” tactics. Next, Trump is going to accuse an FBI agent of taking Melania’s underwear when searching the closets. He will call it panty-gate and Fox will run 100 hrs of coverage on it over the next week while publicizing the FBI agent’s home address and phone number. By the time he’s perp walked the GOP mainstream will be full QAnon deep state “DOJ is filled with perv pedophiles” and he’ll be re-elected President from prison

How old is Melania again? 

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement