A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

15 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

This guy has been negotiating for a long time. Didn't the feds reel him in a couple of years ago? Anyway, the phalanx of crooks begins to break formation. Were you feeling a little safer yesterday, Donald, in your bunker?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, UrbanAchiever said:

I call B.S. I used to work in San Rafael (not holding or spinning signs), and I can't think of any local who made reference to a West Marin. Maybe I wasn't part of the Marin 2% crowd.

I'm certainly not part of that crowd, but I do hear "West Marin".  Basically just implies you are over by the national seashore or Bolinas up through Pt. Reyes Station as opposed to San Rafael or Mill Valley.

west-marin-visitors-center-point-reyes-s

Edited by The Original Greaser Bob
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This guy has been negotiating for a long time. Didn't the feds reel him in a couple of years ago? Anyway, the phalanx of crooks begins to break formation. Were you feeling a little safer yesterday, Donald, in your bunker?

spacer.png

It appears he’s getting off light. From the NYT:

A senior executive at Donald J. Trump’s family business who was charged with participating in a yearslong tax scheme is nearing a deal with Manhattan prosecutors but will not cooperate with a broader investigation into Mr. Trump, according to three people with knowledge of the matter.

If it becomes final, a plea deal for the executive, Allen H. Weisselberg, would bring prosecutors no closer to indicting the former president but would nonetheless brand one of his most trusted lieutenants a felon…

The company will not join Mr. Weisselberg in pleading guilty on Thursday, two people with knowledge of the matter said. And Mr. Weisselberg, while admitting his own guilt, is not expected to implicate anyone in the Trump family.

• Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

A senior executive at Donald J. Trump’s family business who was charged with participating in a yearslong tax scheme is nearing a deal with Manhattan prosecutors but will not cooperate with a broader investigation into Mr. Trump, according to three people with knowledge of the matter.

If it becomes final, a plea deal for the executive, Allen H. Weisselberg, would bring prosecutors no closer to indicting the former president but would nonetheless brand one of his most trusted lieutenants a felon…

The company will not join Mr. Weisselberg in pleading guilty on Thursday, two people with knowledge of the matter said. And Mr. Weisselberg, while admitting his own guilt, is not expected to implicate anyone in the Trump family.

spacer.png

Hmm

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

At the risk of this thread derailing any further...but I just can't help myself so I have to ask...What, exactly did you THINK I was trying to say in my post? Even though I clarified in a response to you directly already. Help me understand what you THOUGHT I was implying in my post. Specifically the whole "for her sake" park, as well as the "one stereotype people usually thinking when San Francisco is brought up" parts. What did you THINK I was trying to say, exactly? Because I'm fairly certain you're aware of my posting history and general opinions, specifically as a fairly regular Cloak Room poster. Because I Reasonably have no clue what the fuck you're talking about. 

I saw the post with the lady holding up the signs and thought, good for her, that’s pretty cool, and scrolled on by. Then I saw your post saying that for her sake, hopefully she was in San Francisco. That didn’t make any sense. So I went back and thought, surely he’s not saying what it sounds like he’s saying. Because it sounds like he’s saying she looks like a lesbian so hopefully she’s in San Francisco. That would be wildly inappropriate.

I mean, surely you’re aware that San Francisco is known for having a large gay population and it’s common to reference the city when suggesting someone is or might be homosexual. That would make more sense based on the context rather than hopefully for her sake she’s in as liberal a city as possible while holding up an anti-Trump sign or she might get shot. People protest against Trump all over the country without getting shot. It’s also true that in this community it’s not uncommon to see casual expressions even by ostensibly progressive posters of using the word “gay” as a synonym for “stupid” or “bad,” of using the misspelling “faget,” or of implying that someone is gay as if it’s supposed to be an insult.

So okay, we’ll go with that your comment just didn’t make sense. I don’t think it was at all unreasonable to question what you were trying to say. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I saw the post with the lady holding up the signs and thought, good for her, that’s pretty cool, and scrolled on by. Then I saw your post saying that for her sake, hopefully she was in San Francisco. That didn’t make any sense. So I went back and thought, surely he’s not saying what it sounds like he’s saying. Because it sounds like he’s saying she looks like a lesbian so hopefully she’s in San Francisco. That would be wildly inappropriate.

I mean, surely you’re aware that San Francisco is known for having a large gay population and it’s common to reference the city when suggesting someone is or might be homosexual. That would make more sense based on the context rather than hopefully for her sake she’s in as liberal a city as possible while holding up an anti-Trump sign or she might get shot. People protest against Trump all over the country without getting shot. It’s also true that in this community it’s not uncommon to see casual expressions even by ostensibly progressive posters of using the word “gay” as a synonym for “stupid” or “bad,” of using the misspelling “faget,” or of implying that someone is gay as if it’s supposed to be an insult.

So okay, we’ll go with that your comment just didn’t make sense. I don’t think it was at all unreasonable to question what you were trying to say. 

I was fucking joking

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

What the buck happened to this thread?

Sydney and Buckmeister need a room.  And maybe a threeway with Longhorn_Fan68

(Important footnote: I'm at a resort in the Dominican Republic with free booze.  And lots of big booty latinas and oddly enough, Russians.  I may not be ready for the LSAT or GMAT at this point.  I may not be witty or funny.  I'm ready to slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini, though).  

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

(Important footnote: I'm at a resort in the Dominican Republic with free booze.  And lots of big booty latinas and oddly enough, Russians.  I may not be ready for the LSAT or GMAT at this point.  I may not be witty or funny.  I'm ready to slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini, though).  

rules.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

How exactly does he not implicate anyone in the Trump family?

Are you insinuating that the Trumps are associated with Trump Organization and Trump Payroll Corporation and the Look At Me, I'm Trump And This Is My Trump Business, inc.? It's too early to assume these things. You're being hasty. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

image.gif.67bb53da44ce1ac693a53a428a7ba440.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

which resort ?

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

schults-knows-nothing.gif

Interesting story, this actor John Banner.  A Jew, born in what is now Ukraine, he came to the US when Hitler was rising to power.  Learned English, joined the Army.  Mofo was so good looking, they put him on a recruiting poster.   Later married a French woman that was said to be a spectacular cook of French cuisine.   He loved her cooking so much that he gained over 100 lbs.    

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

Barcelo Bavaro Palace

Oh man.  I was in the DR last year, and that Presidente is a damn good beer. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Nothing in his post made any implication about homosexuals. You’re the only one that thought this. What does that say about you?

• Haha 1

Finally catching up on news today and holy shit, Trump's team is considering releasing surveillance footage of the FBI search?

Why?  How can that possibly help them?

Did his security put up a fight and catch a beating that'll make the Feds look bad to his horde or something?

What is this fat chunk of shit trying to stir up now?

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Take the L and move on, pussy.  You are literally the only one in the entire thread that interpreted it that way. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Finally catching up on news today and holy shit, Trump's team is considering releasing surveillance footage of the FBI search?

Did his security put up a fight and catch a beating that'll make the Feds look bad to his horde or something?

“Here’s the FBI carrying 27 boxes of classified documents out of my house! Can’t you see the mistreatment?!” 

I really don’t see how that’s a good idea. Especially if the cameras can ID any of that classified info- broadcasting publicly would probably be a whole bunch of new crimes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Everyone else got it ya dense bastard.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Obviously dotard wants his cult to see the faces of the agents so they can be harassed forever.

• Rage+1 4

“Here’s the FBI carrying 27 boxes of classified documents out of my house! Can’t you see the mistreatment?!” 

I really don’t see how that’s a good idea. Especially if the cameras can ID any of that classified info- broadcasting publicly would probably be a whole bunch of new crimes

He’s hoping his nutso cult followers can get clear shots of the agents and dox them and harass them.

30 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Obviously dotard wants his cult to see the faces of the agents so they can be harassed forever.

That's what I'm afraid of.  He only speaks vendetta and even if it hurts his legal case, he'll want payback.  And he might just get some more cops killed.  The guy's like fucking Manson -- never kills anyone, but he sure can get people to do it for him.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement