A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

26 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

giphy.gif

I'm going to guess that's more 1/6 related than this latest imbroglio.  I'm going to guess they're going to come up mostly empty because that lying sack of shit didn't follow any of the rules.  But, he's stupid enough to have logged a bunch of calls with Eastman and the usual suspects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Finally catching up on news today and holy shit, Trump's team is considering releasing surveillance footage of the FBI search?

Why?  How can that possibly help them?

Did his security put up a fight and catch a beating that'll make the Feds look bad to his horde or something?

What is this fat chunk of shit trying to stir up now?

fuck yo couch GIF

Smash The Amazing Race GIF by CBS

Salad Dressing Cooking GIF by Rooster Teeth

So back to that boring attempted coup thing...

If he gets the hook for that (big if), does that mean all those people involved in the stolen election scheme from Rudy to Pillow Guy to everyone on stage at the January 6 rally ("fight like hell!") go to jail for conspiracy? 

Also, I just Googled Four Seasons landscaping to see who was at that press conference. Man, that might be the one of the weirdest chapters of American history that already gets kind of forgotten. 

Finally catching up on news today and holy shit, Trump's team is considering releasing surveillance footage of the FBI search?
Why?  How can that possibly help them?
Did his security put up a fight and catch a beating that'll make the Feds look bad to his horde or something?
What is this fat chunk of shit trying to stir up now?

My guess is that after reviewing the tapes of dozens of people for several hours, there are instances of them doing disrespectful or unprofessional things. Espionage is acceptable if you catch someone picking their nose. He needs another Strzok/Page affair. He needs a tangent to distract from the main point.
Also, if the FBI releases the security tapes of Trump staff obstructing justice (prior to the raid), he needs to confuse the conversation by pointing to other security tapes that he will claim bolster his case.
It’s all about muddying the waters. That’s all he has. And it frequently works for him.
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

14 minutes ago, Tuco said:

My guess is that after reviewing the tapes of dozens of people for several hours, there are instances of them doing disrespectful or unprofessional things. Espionage is acceptable if you catch someone picking their nose. He needs another Strzok/Page affair. He needs a tangent to distract from the main point.
Also, if the FBI releases the security tapes of Trump staff obstructing justice (prior to the raid), he needs to confuse the conversation by pointing to other security tapes that he will claim bolster his case.
It’s all about muddying the waters. That’s all he has. And it frequently works for him.

Yeah, that sounds about right.  Preemptive what-about-ism.  Yeah, I'm a traitor who rapes people and provokes insurrections that get cops killed, but see how they manhandled my sock drawer??

I'm also wondering what kind of creative editing they could do.  Not to change anything, but to remove context.  Anything that makes the FBI look like jackbooted thugs would serve his purpose.

Trump and the GQP have succeeded in making truth finding a painful and frustrating, borderline impossible task. The result is a huge demographic that doesn't care about truth anymore because it's all so frustrating and upsetting, and so they just accept whatever they hear first or makes them feel best. MAGA all the way, baby

Fantastic analogy, particularly the part about the Chinese knockoffs looking like Wally. Disinformation has graduated from photocopied newsletters, to email forwards, to professional looking websites, to cable news programs. If you didn’t have the context, it would be difficult to distinguish them from legitimate news. It doesn’t help that during this time, the legit news has degraded, losing field reporters and moving towards sensationalism and personality driven content. There is plenty to criticize them for, which lowers their credibility.

Murrow said, “to be persuasive, we must be credible. To be credible, we must be believable. To be believable, we must be truthful.” Unfortunately, he was wrong.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Trump and the GQP have succeeded in making truth finding a painful and frustrating, borderline impossible task. The result is a huge demographic that doesn't care about truth anymore because it's all so frustrating and upsetting, and so they just accept whatever they hear first or makes them feel best. MAGA all the way, baby

Kinda like reading preseason football practice reports.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

every single day i think at least once about how unreal it is that a nakedly and unapologetically corrupt piece of garbage who everyone, everyone knows would step on his own mother's/wife's/children's neck to achieve some sort of aggrandizing or praise is the object of a cult of personality comprised of people that he fundamentally disdains.  i would have preferred my historical figure that reveals how awful that segment of our society truly is and how hostile they are to foundational democratic beliefs to have at least a modicum of intelligence and charisma.

dude so clearly belongs in prison for so much that it becomes an overwhelming stream of bullshit.

Somewhere the House Committee was called the Investigation into things we saw with out own eyes.

If there were ever a truth that was self-evident, it's what you describe. 

9 minutes ago, sidis said:

I would have preferred my historical figure that reveals how awful that segment of our society truly is and how hostile they are to foundational democratic beliefs to have at least a modicum of intelligence and charisma.

I am glad his capacity for evil is only superseded by his capacity for stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 1

tl;dw:

1. He said getting paid wasn't an issue (but interesting that it was the first thing he discussed - might be normal or might be that Trump's reputation for being a deadbeat required it);

2. He talked to the Trump folks for a few days and considered taking the gig. Bailed when they started threatening FBI agents and judges.

3. Reason he didn't take it was "commitments to my other clients". 

"These guys are crooked as hell and I couldn't represent them ethically" is what I got out of it. 

He does think they get a good defense team at some point - the lure of representing a former president is too much to ignore. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

tl;dw:

1. He said getting paid wasn't an issue (but interesting that it was the first thing he discussed - might be normal or might be that Trump's reputation for being a deadbeat required it);

2. He talked to the Trump folks for a few days and considered taking the gig. Bailed when they started threatening FBI agents and judges.

3. Reason he didn't take it was "commitments to my other clients". 

"These guys are crooked as hell and I couldn't represent them ethically" is what I got out of it. 

He does think they get a good defense team at some point - the lure of representing a former president is too much to ignore. 

at this point he would probably settle for anyone with any federal criminal law experience whatsoever. Habba is a hack and that OAN host probably is Googling “how to challenge a search warrant”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I gotta say, having cameras in your bedrooms is just fucking creepy.   I wonder how many I.T. guys have watched Trump beat his little mushroom meat in his bedroom,while Melania is using her Hitachi in her bedroom down the hall. 

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-aides-suspect-family-mar-a-lago-informer-guardian-2022-8

Trump aides think a family member informed on him to the FBI because agents knew where to find a specific leather case, report says

My guess is she finally had enough of his shit and wants to quit the charade.

She'll move to Paris and try to become Macron's side-piece.

18 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I gotta say, having cameras in your bedrooms is just fucking creepy.   I wonder how many I.T. guys have watched Trump beat his little mushroom meat in his bedroom,while Melania is using her Hitachi in her bedroom down the hall. 

She'll move to Paris and try to become Macron's side-piece.

She's not old enough for Macron.

• Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What rotten luck that everyone around the trump family or businesses turns out to be a criminal or incompetent. They just can’t catch a break. 

How was he to know that his CEO was part of the deep state and willing to go to jail just to get dear leader? One in a million shot, doc.

45 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What rotten luck that everyone around the trump family or businesses turns out to be a criminal or incompetent. They just can’t catch a break. 

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

How was he to know that his CEO was part of the deep state and willing to go to jail just to get dear leader? One in a million shot, doc.

This. Any criminal and civil issues with Trump, his businesses, and his partners/employees are all the doings of the Deep State trying to undermine him.

That's the defense my magat brother uses.

10 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

This. Any criminal and civil issues with Trump, his businesses, and his partners/employees are all the doings of the Deep State trying to undermine him.

That's the defense my magat brother uses.

So how is he supposed to drain the swamp if he can’t even keep his own house clean?  Oh yeah he didn’t. 

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

The bolded.  Here's the fundamental conflict.  As an attorney, one has two inviolate duties:

1.  Allegiance to the Constitution.  It's literally the first line in the oath:

I, [NAME], do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitutions of the United States, and of this State; that I will honestly demean myself in the practice of law; that I will discharge my duties to my clients to the best of my ability; and, that I will conduct myself with integrity and civility in dealing and communicating with the court and all parties. So help me God

2.  A fiduciary duty to the client (that is, to put the client's interests above all else).

When the client's interests are patently opposed to the Constitution (as well as other duties, such as candor to the court/tribunal), you literally cannot do both: follow your oath and represent Trump in many of these matters.

And unstoppable Dotard meets an immovable Constitution.  And here we are.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 6

6 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So back to that boring attempted coup thing...

If he gets the hook for that (big if), does that mean all those people involved in the stolen election scheme from Rudy to Pillow Guy to everyone on stage at the January 6 rally ("fight like hell!") go to jail for conspiracy? 

Also, I just Googled Four Seasons landscaping to see who was at that press conference. Man, that might be the one of the weirdest chapters of American history that already gets kind of forgotten. 

When someone has a shit cannon pointed at you it's hard to recall individual pieces of shit that hit you in the face.

• Drool 1

21 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Hopefully by then Trump has been sent to a gulag

Imagine trump living in putin’s place with him. Odd couple rebooted would be his biggest ratings ever.  Maybe that’s why McDonald’s is moving toward getting back into Russia. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Unpossible. Those folks operate in total secrecy or wheels fly off the bus.

Garland and the DOJ are a year too fucking slow. The DOJ has failed its oath to defend the Constitution. Which was written to balance power, and ought be understood that way, whenever questions about original intent arise.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement