A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That has not been an automatic win for Trump.  I think the worse we've seen is one of his appointees in DC acquitting a rioter and giving relatively light sentences.

Plenty of them have poured him out in civil cases.

True. I don’t know how the process of selecting a court works but on Morning Joe today they said it was why they were choosing her court which apparently is some distance away.

9 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Will the special master comb thru classified materials that belong to the government and are highly classified? Huh?

Or are their other materials that are Trump’s property?

Yes.  And Yes.  That ODNI is being brought in means somebody (likely a few people) will stand in a blackbox room and watch over the Special Master (who will already have some government clearance and will be quickly vetted for a fuckton more) sift through the sensitive and personal docs both.  The obvious reasons are no photography, no copying, just general notetaking, etc.  But the real reason is make sure the Special Master is not memorizing them at great length or in great detail.  Because of that, they will not be permitted to just stare at the same fucking page for 90 minutes while they make their "ruling."  So this will only take a matter of days of a couple weeks to complete.  Those ODNI agents can't stand and watch over you for 24 hours straight with no physical concern for themselves.  But they are not gonna let somebody stare at the same shit over and over again.  There will be a literal timer on the table.  

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Each side is supposed to submit names for consideration.  Judge picks one.

I notice from the docket that some outfit has already submitted itself for consideration.

That was me. I need the money.

Also, I was just amused by the thought that maybe Trump's self-pardon and those for his henchmen were confiscated. If they exist, that'd be hilarious.

Might be worth a movie farce whether it's true or not. Imagine them handwritten in Sharpie.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, there's actually quite a bit of precedent for it in the context of search warrants executed on law firms and lawyers, where attorney-client privilege is at issue.

Most recently invoked by Cohen and Giuliani.  And it goes to a district judge, not the warrant-issuing magistrate.

The magistrate lacks jurisdiction over this because the relief is injunctive in nature, at minimum.

Where she's fucking up is on the executive privilege issue.  But, again, if this works to identify the claims, have Biden formally waive executive privilege, and then have Trump fail to show entitlement to override the incumbent President, then I'm all for it.

I have no idea why you're still giving this judge the benefit of the doubt.

• Hook 'Em 5

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah.  The no wifi in the courthouse was a tell. The judge is going to do something indefensible and doesn't want scrutiny.  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised as trump's arguments are so bananas, no one who's not a full on Kool Aid drinker would buy them.  But I'm not holding my breath.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm not, exactly.  But, what he said was not correct.  Although I imagine that this filing was an attempt to forum-shop away from Reinhart, it's not something they could have filed on the search warrant docket.

I'm not automatically going to assume that every Trump appointee judge is in his pocket.

15 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Asha is a hottie, and I'd love for her to sit on my face, respectfully.

I have three relatives and many friends in the LGBTQ+ community, whilst also enjoying copious oral pleasuring of my lovely wife.  

But I was today years old when I learned that one (straight, gay, or anything else) could "respectfully" request a gal to sit on one's face.  I'm used to either begging or insisting.  Never occurred to me to use Robert's Rules of Order.  "Respectfully ma'am, I move that you move onto my face with thine haunches with most expedience!"  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Well sadly I am.  Given his track record of successfully avoiding consequences by exploiting every opportunity to delay, it feels like the same playbook under a favorable judge.  My only consolation is TS/SCI people find no humor in this shit and hope it turns out like my post last night about 2021 Bedlam…pleasantly surprised for once after years of finding every way to lose.  

I can’t imagine they’re going to hand over those documents to anyone not cleared for it.  Just because you have TS clearance doesn’t mean you can read anything you want at TS or below. 

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 3

How concerned should we be that some of this has occurred while the names of US spies were in documents found in the lap drawer of Trump’s desk?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/05/us/politics/cia-informants-killed-captured.html

WASHINGTON — Top American counterintelligence officials warned every C.I.A. station and base around the world last week about troubling numbers of informants recruited from other countries to spy for the United States being captured or killed, people familiar with the matter said.

The message, in an unusual top secret cable, said that the C.I.A.’s counterintelligence mission center had looked at dozens of cases in the last several years involving foreign informants who had been killed, arrested or most likely compromised. Although brief, the cable laid out the specific number of agents executed by rival intelligence agencies — a closely held detail that counterintelligence officials typically do not share in such cables

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

How concerned should we be that some of this has occurred while the names of US spies were in documents found in the lap drawer of Trump’s desk?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/05/us/politics/cia-informants-killed-captured.html

WASHINGTON — Top American counterintelligence officials warned every C.I.A. station and base around the world last week about troubling numbers of informants recruited from other countries to spy for the United States being captured or killed, people familiar with the matter said.

The message, in an unusual top secret cable, said that the C.I.A.’s counterintelligence mission center had looked at dozens of cases in the last several years involving foreign informants who had been killed, arrested or most likely compromised. Although brief, the cable laid out the specific number of agents executed by rival intelligence agencies — a closely held detail that counterintelligence officials typically do not share in such cables

We will never find out.

6 hours ago, chainsaw said:

He needs cat songs to calm him down

Soft kitty, worm kitty little ball of fur...

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Each side is supposed to submit names for consideration.  Judge picks one.

I notice from the docket that some outfit has already submitted itself for consideration.

Cyber Ninjas

3 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Will the special master comb thru classified materials that belong to the government and are highly classified? Huh?

Or are their other materials that are Trump’s property?

Spaceballs Comb The Desert GIFs | Tenor

Spaceballs Found GIF - Spaceballs - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not, exactly.  But, what he said was not correct.  Although I imagine that this filing was an attempt to forum-shop away from Reinhart, it's not something they could have filed on the search warrant docket.

I'm not automatically going to assume that every Trump appointee judge is in his pocket.

Out of his 60+ lawsuits about the election that went nowhere, probably quite a few were Trump appointees.

And any special master has to have a lot of clearances and pass a strict vetting process, and there’s probably not many that have that kind of clearance that are going to be Trump-friendly, given that they will take top secret documents more seriously than Trump.

So Close Fall GIF by Archer

• Hook 'Em 4

So how long before the GOP goes the Reagan route with Trump? “Oh, he was the best president ever, but he is obviously suffering from some age related deterioration. Let’s keep his movement alive, but bury him as fucking deep as we possibly can.”

• Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement