A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

I feel the same way about Hunter ‘scandal’ as I do about Texas GOP railing against democrats causing power/tax/gun/etc issues here or Hillary Clinton…y’all motherfuckers have had years in total control of your respective governments to do something about it.  

If his life is all a big scandal that’s threatening our institutions under some genius coverup, then where has the massive public spectacle  of investigations been?  

Makes me think of Louis CK famous bit about arguing with his youngest…”does it taste like a pork cookie motherfucker?  Oh it tastes like figs, fucking interesting that!”

Edited by Homercles
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

read my mind.

she ain't dressed for an appearance in any federal court, much less one at this level with these issues.

And not even carrying any sort of briefcase or file.  Even if you have "sherpas" doing the heavy lifting on evidence and file boxes or cases, a serious lawyer at least has a legal pad, a laptop, an ipad, a rule book, something.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Honestly? She's the only reason I watched more than about 10 seconds. 

Same. I'd hate fuck her into next week if given the opportunity.

35 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And not even carrying any sort of briefcase or file.  Even if you have "sherpas" doing the heavy lifting on evidence and file boxes or cases, a serious lawyer at least has a legal pad, a laptop, an ipad, a rule book, something.

At least she brought her Dreams Journal.

20 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Sidney Powell just might kill herself

Said the exact same thing to Mrs. C-Man last night.

20 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Current reports indicate "confusion" about her appearance date, so it may not be as big a deal as it first seemed.

again-there-you-go-again.gif

What on god's green earth leads you to believe that this is an honest mistake and not just another delaying tactic from trumpco? We should be sentencing powell to the worst fate known to americans: to be tried as a black adult

Spoiler

Edited by Captainant
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What on god's green earth leads you to believe that this is an honest mistake and not just another delaying tactic from trumpco? We should be sentencing powell to the worst fate known to americans: to be tried as a black adult

Hide contents

Geezus Christ dude.

I'm just repeating what's been reported.  If in fact there was confusion about her appearance day, which happens, this is not going to be a big deal.  If it is something more intentional then it is.

You need to fucking take a chill pill.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Hide contents

I have never seen that before 🤣🤣😂😂

17 hours ago, Mudcat35 said:

I usually only read the football board, but I popped in here today.   Good Lord, this is absolutely glorious.

see, CR trolls? this is how you pop in without being an asshole

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Secretary McKenzie would pee on your leg

Home Alone Thats My Fetish GIF

10 hours ago, Tuco said:

I think McAffee was better with laptops. 

Sad Koala GIF

Interesting news from Arizona yesterday: a judge ruled the Jan. 6 committee can see phone records of Arizona Republican Party head Kelli Ward.

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-rules-jan-6-committee-013554361.html

The Arizona Republic newspaper says that the fake electors need to be jailed.

https://news.yahoo.com/judges-ruling-arizona-fake-electors-131400886.html

Spoiler
EJ Montini, Arizona Republic
Fri, September 23, 2022 

A photo posted on Twitter by the Republican Party of Arizona showed the electors sitting in prayer before casting their votes for Donald Trump on Dec. 14, 2020. Despite Joe Biden winning Arizona, the Republicans filed documents with Congress falsely claiming to be Arizona's true electors.

A photo posted on Twitter by the Republican Party of Arizona showed the electors sitting in prayer before casting their votes for Donald Trump on Dec. 14, 2020. Despite Joe Biden winning Arizona, the Republicans filed documents with Congress falsely claiming to be Arizona's true electors.

They were part of a scheme involving other Republicans in other states that tried to overturn the results of a democratically decided presidential election.

There should be a price to pay for that.

It should involve prison.

At the very least they should be publicly exposed and vilified and, thanks to U.S. District Judge Diane Humetewa, there’s a slightly better chance that will happen.

Judge Humetewa said the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection could subpoena the records of Arizona Republican Party Chair Kelli Ward.

Ward and her would-be band of bungling election thieves put together a phony electoral slate and sent it sent to Washington, D.C., attempting to cast Arizona’s ballots for Donald Trump instead of rightful winner Joe Biden.

When do we start the Hillary chant?

They’ve since tried to argue that the phony electors were only meant to be considered the real thing “in the event that the legal challenges to the Arizona results succeeded.”

Except that nothing in the document sent by certified mail to the U.S. Senate and National Archives spoke of legal challenges. Instead, the document falsely asserted that the 11 Arizona shills were the “duly elected and qualified” presidential electors, with no conditional language.

Just a backup: Ward asserts fake electors were only meant as a fail-safe

Lock.

Them.

Up.

You may recall how, in July, The New York Times reported on emails that displayed what the article describes as the “often slapdash efforts of advisers” to then President Trump used to try to subvert the election. The names of reactionary Republican notables like Arizona’s Kelli Ward and attorney Jack Wilenchik show up in the article.

The report quotes an email from Wilenchik to Trump adviser Boris Epshteyn that reads, “We (Arizona Republicans) would just be sending in ‘fake’ electoral votes to Pence so that ‘someone’ in Congress can make an objection when they start counting votes, and start arguing that the ‘fake’ votes should be counted.”

Substituting  'alternative' for 'fake'

Imagine that.

Blatantly admitting that the electors were “fake.”

Kind of damning, don’t you think?

Perhaps that is why the report noted that Wilenchik sent a follow-up email saying, “‘alternative’ votes is probably a better term than ‘fake’ votes,” followed by a smiley face emoji.

It’s uncertain what Ward’s phone records will reveal.

The fact that Ward and her cohorts have tried so hard to keep them out of public view doesn’t bode well … for them.

What we know for sure is that the phony electors and their crackpot scheme put our electoral process – our country – in danger.

An attempted breach of that process should have the same consequences that are facing the insurrectionists who breached the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Real consequences.

Jail.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Any fake elector should be charged with attempted overthrow of the govt. I have an open mind to hear their excuse and explanation when they're on trial.

I'm also open to the idea of execution as the punishment depending on the circumstances. What they attempted was one of the worse crimes in the history of the US. Not succeeding isn't much of a defense.

agreed.

some are pleading ignorance and some actually have a good case on that - but those point to handlers and organizers who should be locked under the fucking jail. 

40 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Interesting news from Arizona yesterday: a judge ruled the Jan. 6 committee can see phone records of Arizona Republican Party head Kelli Ward.

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-rules-jan-6-committee-013554361.html

The Arizona Republic newspaper says that the fake electors need to be jailed.

https://news.yahoo.com/judges-ruling-arizona-fake-electors-131400886.html

Reveal hidden contents
EJ Montini, Arizona Republic
Fri, September 23, 2022 

They were part of a scheme involving other Republicans in other states that tried to overturn the results of a democratically decided presidential election.

There should be a price to pay for that.

It should involve prison.

At the very least they should be publicly exposed and vilified and, thanks to U.S. District Judge Diane Humetewa, there’s a slightly better chance that will happen.

Judge Humetewa said the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection could subpoena the records of Arizona Republican Party Chair Kelli Ward.

Ward and her would-be band of bungling election thieves put together a phony electoral slate and sent it sent to Washington, D.C., attempting to cast Arizona’s ballots for Donald Trump instead of rightful winner Joe Biden.

When do we start the Hillary chant?

They’ve since tried to argue that the phony electors were only meant to be considered the real thing “in the event that the legal challenges to the Arizona results succeeded.”

Except that nothing in the document sent by certified mail to the U.S. Senate and National Archives spoke of legal challenges. Instead, the document falsely asserted that the 11 Arizona shills were the “duly elected and qualified” presidential electors, with no conditional language.

Just a backup: Ward asserts fake electors were only meant as a fail-safe

Lock.

Them.

Up.

You may recall how, in July, The New York Times reported on emails that displayed what the article describes as the “often slapdash efforts of advisers” to then President Trump used to try to subvert the election. The names of reactionary Republican notables like Arizona’s Kelli Ward and attorney Jack Wilenchik show up in the article.

The report quotes an email from Wilenchik to Trump adviser Boris Epshteyn that reads, “We (Arizona Republicans) would just be sending in ‘fake’ electoral votes to Pence so that ‘someone’ in Congress can make an objection when they start counting votes, and start arguing that the ‘fake’ votes should be counted.”

Substituting  'alternative' for 'fake'

Imagine that.

Blatantly admitting that the electors were “fake.”

Kind of damning, don’t you think?

Perhaps that is why the report noted that Wilenchik sent a follow-up email saying, “‘alternative’ votes is probably a better term than ‘fake’ votes,” followed by a smiley face emoji.

It’s uncertain what Ward’s phone records will reveal.

The fact that Ward and her cohorts have tried so hard to keep them out of public view doesn’t bode well … for them.

What we know for sure is that the phony electors and their crackpot scheme put our electoral process – our country – in danger.

An attempted breach of that process should have the same consequences that are facing the insurrectionists who breached the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Real consequences.

Jail.

They do need to be jailed.  It is treason by any reasonable definition.  And they should pay.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just ran into former AG Barr here at AT&T hotel.  Literally ran into him whilst looking at surly. I thought of all the things Brisket would say to him if given the chance.  He was all alone just dicking around in his phone like me. But my inner surly took over.   I looked up and said, “whoops, pardon me.”  And he gave me the weirdest look.  /csb        He gets my inner Freud

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Just ran into former AG Barr here at AT&T hotel.  Literally ran into him whilst looking at surly. I thought of all the things Brisket would say to him if given the chance.  He was all alone just dicking around in his phone like me. But my inner surly took over.   I looked up and said, “whoops, pardon me.”  And he gave me the weirdest look.  /csb        He gets my inner Freud

I choose to believe this is real. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Probably wondered what you were offering $$$$$$$$$

• Hook 'Em 1

He’s still in the lobby you want proof.  I’m assuming he’s speaking at TribFest.    Though I don’t recall seeing him on the agenda.  Funny thing as I typed this, Bobby Chesney walked by him and asked the guy with him, “hey is thst Bill Barr?”  And I thought, how can our new Law Dean not know what Bill Barr looks like?  Barr is taller than I would have thought.  Anyway; not name dropping.  It’s cool for our school to have folks like this in Austin for shit.  Just adds to the gravitas of UT.  

anyway, so much shit I wanted to say but unlike on here where I type vomit, in real life, I’m polite.  But for some reason I say “pardon me” instead of “excuse me” which I never do around men, only my children.  Obviously his brain and mine clicked on the distinction.  Anyway, any other year at trib fest, i’d already be at the bar.  

There is some serious talent on campus/downtown today.  fYI to you single gents.  I saw a bachelorette and in one of those mini double decker buses roll down 7th a few minutes before.   The token “fat/ugly” one they bring along in every group, even she was a solid 8.   God bless this town.  How we don’t get every five star we Host is fucking beyond me.  

• Haha 2

He must be on the pompeo diet.  He looked like he lost a decent amount of weight.  Looks like we both picked the same time to quit sniffing glue.  Yeah; the Moranis glasses is a good callback.  I don’t know why I thought he was short ‘stout.  But he caught me off guard when I bumped into him.  He was a hint shorter than me and I’m 6’1”.  Unless he stole Trump’s lifts before he left.   

honestly, my subconscious brain recognizes that mole thing above his frameS, realized he was in town for tribune deal, and said pardon instead of excuse me.  Parts Of my brain they’ve been dormant are coming back online.  Fun times.  

past lobo would flipped a quarter at him with no idea who he was and said “take a bus to mar a lago and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face.”

Don’t recall denying it.  Literally posts Numbering in the dozens outed me weeks ago.  I left for a UT related reason and came back for a personal connection to some folks going through something similar on DT.  But if I denied it, I don’t recall.  But certainly possible. First few weeks was still a very thick brain fog.  But not good, bad, or indifferent but literally dozens of posts by others made mention of it a long while back.  Nobody obfuscated the connection, least of all me.  

also, I thought a sock was like a parallel account an active regulaR poster used.  Or somebody that’d been banned used.  If I qualify as either of those; that’s news to

me.  But great detective work Lou

Edited by YGIFS

9 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Have some goddam self respect and give yourself an avatar, ll

Edited by YGIFS
Can’t edit for some reason. Traumababe-you’d be interested to know I’m surrounded by anti-Hillary protestors.
  • Haha 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement