A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

46 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

But I wouldn't be surprised if Trump just calls everything privileged and makes the Special Master sort it out since it would take longer. 

Bingo. 

But thankfully none of this matters since the classified docs are already excluded and being used to hopefully indict Trump. 

Although you would think Trump might realize this at some point instead of wasting money with the other docs. At the same time, this is all grift money so he never cares that he wastes other people's money. That's his entire life. Commit Fraud, blow the money, commit more fraud. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Goredho said:

An effective response to a pithy quip about your bloviation is not 3 paragraph-long sentences that communicate ultimately nothing.

Those are paragraph-long sentences?  Is this?

Also, people have been asking lots of questions about how this thing works and they're getting the answers right here.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Agree on Trump New York.  The Chicago Tower is nice looking, though.  

I stayed at the Chicago Trump a few times 10-15 years ago when Trump was just a goofy TV personality and “developer”. Tasteful modern luxury hotel - I really liked it. Clearly he played no role in the design. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

I stayed at the Chicago Trump a few times 10-15 years ago when Trump was just a goofy TV personality and “developer”. Tasteful modern luxury hotel - I really liked it. Clearly he played no role in the design. 

I've been in Trump Tower because it's kind of a curiosity on 5th Avenue among the stores.  Just seems like another fairly modern building, doesn't really stand out other than it's actually fairly small by Manhattan standards.

And the Plaza Hotel.  And it is but a former Trump property.  But that's it as far as I can recall.

I wouldn't now patronize a Trump property for anything but an upper decker.  Before his presidency, I had no especial animus, but no real interest either.

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I've been in Trump Tower because it's kind of a curiosity on 5th Avenue among the stores.  Just seems like another fairly modern building, doesn't really stand out other than it's actually fairly small by Manhattan standards.

And the Plaza Hotel.  And it is but a former Trump property.  But that's it as far as I can recall.

I wouldn't now patronize a Trump property for anything but an upper decker.  Before his presidency, I had no especial animus, but no real interest either.

Agreed. Back when I went to the Chicago hotel I thought nothing of Trump. He was just a self-aggrandizing real estate guy and it was just a nice higher end hotel. Wouldn’t step into one of his places now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

wtf does "I hope you can help help and help out" mean? hoping that goes on his fucking tombstone

I’m Pretty sure his grave stone is going to say “here lies president covfefe.  Many people are saying he was the bigliest president ever.  He is survived by his wife ivanka “

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

^

There's no bottom for this fucking guy.  Not only was his senior staff worried about him seeing it, one of the dipshits without any understanding of nautical technology or even basic physics, went so far as to request that the ship "not be detectable at all, even to sonar or radar" in the off chance Trump would see images and ask what ships those were.  And that's from a 4-star admiral who's had some spats with Trump in public. 

We were only saved as a Republic because Trump, his inner circle, and a huge chunk of his base were the dumbest fucking Americans to ever live.  5% more intelligence on the part of these people and we'd all be dead right now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Also, regarding the categories of documents in the Case Management Order that Trump objects to:

a. Attorney-client communication privilege;
b. Attorney work product privilege
c. Executive privilege that prohibits review of the document within the executive
branch;

d. Executive privilege that prohibits dissemination of the document to persons or
entities outside the executive branch;

e. The document is a Presidential Record within the meaning of the Presidential
Records Act of 1978, 44 U.S.C. § 2201, et seq. (“PRA); see id. § 2201(2); and/or

f. The document is a personal record within the meaning of the PRA; see id §
2201(3)

Whoever prompted or devised items c and d relating to EP, apparently and most likely Dearie himself, really seems to get executive privilege.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Well, while it appears that the investigation began in August or thereabouts, it also happened to commence with the perps  confessing the scheme and attempting to involve an undercover FBI agent.

That tends to make things a little easier to prosecute.

40 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

that sounds like something Don Jr. would say and I'd nod along and say "Yeah man, totally..." so he'd keep pouring out more blow on the vanity.  

eh, that sounds more like weed talk.

blow is more about discussing the intricate details of all these trips you're going to take with a huge group of your best friends that you met earlier that night.  we're gonna get that time share in peru, just you wait.

Wait, I thought we were getting that place in Bolivia?  Might be my inner-McInerney talking...I need to call him.

Yeah, I guess that does sound more like a Pinto conversation after his first time smoking out.  I never could have those deep weed-induced conversations about the cosmos because the few times I smoked, I just hacked and coughed due to a lung issue I wouldn't learn about until later in life.  So I'd recuse myself, cough for an hour outside, and come back to everybody else saying, "Yeah man, and that's how we come together as a society across the astral plane."  Basically, I looked as uncomfortable in those moments as Eric Trump's resting face.    

As if there was any doubt that Cannon isn't beholden to Trump.  Overruling the special master that she granted and selected.

Getting slapped publicly by Dearie and the 11th circuit wasn't enough.  Either she thinks she is smarter than they are, or is too fucking dumb to realize these folks weren't fucking around with their rulings in contradiction of her.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

Agreed. Back when I went to the Chicago hotel I thought nothing of Trump. He was just a self-aggrandizing real estate guy and it was just a nice higher end hotel. Wouldn’t step into one of his places now. 

The Champions Grill at Trump Doral has a very good deconstructed burger. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Fuck You 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement