A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

On 9/29/2022 at 8:54 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Those are paragraph-long sentences?  Is this?

Also, people have been asking lots of questions about how this thing works and they're getting the answers right here.

I love the legal analysis we get here.

I think the "shop talk" comment refers to you guys getting in the weeds debating minutiae or you hit on a hard disagreement and keep batting it back and forth. I start skipping posts when y'all are doing this.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i think what roma is trying to say is this:

0 lawyers = not ok

1 lawyer = ok

2 lawyers = not ok

I was in a curio shop in New England years ago and there was a throw pillow embroidered with the following:

One lawyer in a small town will starve, but two can make a pretty good living

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I was in a curio shop in New England years ago and there was a throw pillow embroidered with the following:

One lawyer in a small town will starve, but two can make a pretty good living

it's pretty commonly used when pitching a tv show.  let's say you're writing a show about a small curio shop in new england, because there's nothing like that on the air.  you'll tell the producer "look, there shouldn't be 2 shows about a curio shop, but there shouldn't be zero either".  it's all about appetite.

Nero likely sawed  a judicious drone.

“In a request to the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday, the Department of Justice (DOJ) asked for an expedicted appeal of the special master, who was appointed to review government documents seized from Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate”

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-special-master-2658378563/

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Seth Meyers Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

For context, I believe Trump also claims he was cooperating with the DOJ.  I guess the alternative is pleading the fifth, right?

Is Bobb the one who signed the everything-was-returned-because-someone-told-me-everything-was-returned affidavit?  Unless she was outright lying on that affidavit (and now admitting to it), I don't know if she will really add much.  The whole point of the way it was phrased implied she didn't know much directly. Maybe it could help build an obstruction charge.  

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Needed something new to fundraise with

Why, this hit my spam folder just this afternoon.  And the thing of it is, Elise Stefanik is using this to fundraise.  Wonder how much of a cut Trump is getting for allowing her to use his name:

Spoiler

Francisco,

This has NEVER happened before.

For the next hour only, we’re DOUBLING your chances to win the HISTORIC VIP TRUMP EXPERIENCE in sunny Miami, Florida.

If you’re chosen as one of our ten lucky winners, 
your flight will be covered, your hotel will be covered, and you’ll get to MEET and take a photo with President Trump.

You are NOT going to want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime event, Francisco. Your odds of winning will NEVER be better. 

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

Been waiting for this eventuality.

Doesn't something have to be, ya know, false, to be defamation?

I don't think this is gonna go well for the fat con man or his legal team...

What are you talking about?  People will pay good money to watch tfg try and stick to the libs at CNN.  And when he doesn't, he'll just distract them with another shiny object that he only asks VIPs $150 for the privilege of buying for him.  

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

What are you talking about?  People will pay good money to watch tfg try and stick to the libs at CNN.  And when he doesn't, he'll just distract them with another shiny object that he only asks VIPs $150 for the privilege of buying for him.  

exactly, he's fighting the establishment and this suit serves two purposes. First, its an ideal fundraising angle. And second, when this suit gets tossed  it will just be more proof to Rube McShitforbrains that the deck is stacked against his orange lord and savior. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

it's pretty commonly used when pitching a tv show.  let's say you're writing a show about a small curio shop in new england, because there's nothing like that on the air.  you'll tell the producer "look, there shouldn't be 2 shows about a curio shop, but there shouldn't be zero either".  it's all about appetite.

Come on, this is a great idea. Look at the characters. You've got all these freaks on the show. A woman with a mustache.  I mean, who wouldn't tune in to see a woman with a mustache? You've got the tallest man in the world, a guy who's just a head...

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

For context, I believe Trump also claims he was cooperating with the DOJ.  I guess the alternative is pleading the fifth, right?

Is Bobb the one who signed the everything-was-returned-because-someone-told-me-everything-was-returned affidavit?  Unless she was outright lying on that affidavit (and now admitting to it), I don't know if she will really add much.  The whole point of the way it was phrased implied she didn't know much directly. Maybe it could help build an obstruction charge.  

Correct.  She may not be in particular jeopardy unless she refuses to divulge the circumstances leading to that certification.

The question then becomes, does she shit on Corcoran or more directly on Trump, or both.  Corcoran prepared the certificate, purportedly.

The new defamation case is assigned to a different Trump appointee, Anuraag Singhal.

As noted above, the statements are not defamatory, they're more akin to opinion.

The complaint also makes some noise about the actual malice standard of NYT v. Sullivan, which is what Thomas wants to get rid of.  But this case is lousy to take to the Supreme Court.

I have learned lately that defamation cases are surprisingly easy to dismiss at "failure to state a claim" level, meaning early.  So, I think this would be a good candidate for that.

Unlike the special master case, this isn't something with much/any judicial discretion, it's a pretty pure question of law.  We'll see what this Trump appointee does.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Trump himself eventually packed the boxes that were returned in January, people familiar with the matter said. The former president seemed determined in February to declare that all material sought by the archives had been handed over, said the people, who like others interviewed for this article spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal conversations.

Around the same time The Washington Post reported that the archives had retrieved documents from Mar-a-Lago, the people said, Trump asked his team to release a statement he had dictated. The statement said Trump had returned “everything” the archives had requested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Why, this hit my spam folder just this afternoon.  And the thing of it is, Elise Stefanik is using this to fundraise.  Wonder how much of a cut Trump is getting for allowing her to use his name:

Reveal hidden contents

Francisco,

This has NEVER happened before.

For the next hour only, we’re DOUBLING your chances to win the HISTORIC VIP TRUMP EXPERIENCE in sunny Miami, Florida.

If you’re chosen as one of our ten lucky winners, 
your flight will be covered, your hotel will be covered, and you’ll get to MEET and take a photo with President Trump.

You are NOT going to want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime event, Francisco. Your odds of winning will NEVER be better. 

I have settled on a new course of action in dealing with GOP spam emails and text messages.  I simply google something like "gay man bukkake gif" or "transsexual spitroasted gif" and send them the first image that pops up.  I figure if anyone is reading replies they really enjoy that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement