A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trumps-truth-social-post-midterm-freakout-2022-1234628698/

Don’t Believe the Papers That I Got Mad — Trump’s Post-Midterm Freakout Is in Full Swing

The plates are hitting the wall at Mar-A-Lago

BY NIKKIMCCANNRAMIREZ

•  

NOVEMBER 10, 2022

I gotta give Trump a lot of credit for being unintentionally hilarious. How does he come up with the masterstroke touches of putting Stable Genius in quotes for absolutely no helpful reason at all

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Neat little trick.

Hey everyone, we beat Oklahoma St 34-0 a few weeks ago!

They definitely should have stopped the count at halftime

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i'd like to see fox criticize him before assuming they are off the trump train.  these are individuals that are as closely tied to trump as possible -- hannity is texting with him at all hours, showing up to campaign events. trump endorses all their books and helps them hock shit, they return the favor.   i think even if the murdochs give instructions from above to stop, it would take a while to turn the ship around. 

they are eskimo brothers with michael cohen too

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That’s someone else’s fault, not his. Trump doesn’t give a fuck about the GOP (unless they’re paying his legal bills). Trump only cares about Trump.

How much cash does he have on hand at this point? He raised $250 Million off his supporters for a non-existent “election defense fund” just in the first 5 months after the Jan 6 insurrection. We know that the RNC has been paying a lot of his legal bills. Every new attendee at one of his rallies gets added to the email list and then is hounded for donations using high pressure sales tactics. I’ll bet his campaign war chest dwarfs that of any other candidate. The only question is how much of that he’ll be willing to spend on his campaign and how much he’ll want to siphon off into his own pockets. 

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2022/11/03/desantis-record-breaking-haul-positions-him-for-2024-00065046

Desantis still with 100M left.  And one guy alone, Ken Griffin, who absolutely hates Trump, could lob 100M himself.  He threw 75M at state elections in just IL the last 2 years.  It’s great.  Spend it all down fucking eachother up, then the Dems slide in for another 4 years.  That’s the dream anyway.  

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I understand that. I’m saying it’s different this time. In the past, the media and key power brokers weren’t aligned. Now they are. How many times in the last 6 years did Fox rip Trump? 

The 2016 primary.  Until trump won it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/27/us/politics/trump-feud-fox-debate.html

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

hahahahaha

Replies on this are great too. Judge basically says sanctions aren’t enough to stem the bad behavior from his lawyers and that the bar ought to do something. And the one plaintiff was awarded legal fees paid by opposing counsel, and there’s 29 more defendants that can expect the same if they ask. 

28 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Replies on this are great too. Judge basically says sanctions aren’t enough to stem the bad behavior from his lawyers and that the bar ought to do something. And the one plaintiff was awarded legal fees paid by opposing counsel, and there’s 29 more defendants that can expect the same if they ask. 

Lol. Lawyers police their own profession for misconduct instead of just drug addiction? Come on. That’s like asking Doctors to punish doctors for hurting people instead of just limiting the ability of hurt people to sue. 

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

hahahahaha

Hopefully, some of the bigger defendants, that spent more money and did the heavy lifting on the motions to dismiss filed for sanctions, also.  That will start to add up.

Edit:  they did, but not for Rule 11, which requires an unfiled request to withdraw the offending pleading.  Looks like only this Dolan cat did that.  Not sure it will make much difference.  But it might, because Rule 11 essentially permits a "punitive" award in addition to attorneys fees.  The other rules for sanctions do not.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/63184300/280/trump-v-clinton/

They're asking for more than $500k in attorneys fees.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I always wonder how they pick out which locations to hold these pointless rallies in. Robstown??
Locations that are willing to host an asshole that doesn't pay his bills are getting harder and harder to find..

That simple. Other venues said fuck that, so you get a cotton field with the one port a can vendor that hasn't gotten screwed over already
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

I always wonder how they pick out which locations to hold these pointless rallies in. Robstown??

They wanted a South Texas rally that wasn’t in a district where he could rile up voters and lose 

Or he’s a huge Brooks Kieschnick fan 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He wants to siphon off all of it, and it’s the easiest money he’s ever made,

And I still question if he will run, because he doesn’t want to run if there’s a chance the GOP does not have either chamber, or could lose it in 2024.

He won’t run.  He’s going to raise money until the last possible minute and then be like “America doesn’t deserve me.”

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Isn't Trump admitting that he sent in the FBI and the DOJ to stop the vote count and isn't that a crime?

Believe it or not, that may not actually be a crime.  It might shoehorn into some other crime, but interfering with the vote, per se, is not a federal crime, that I am aware of.  Maybe a civil action under 1983/14th Amendment.

Trump is coming on too strong now.  I am reading posts from all sorts of diehard friends who are Trumpkins on Facebook that they are done with him and ready for the next new thing ... DeSantis, who they know nothing about other than he's 44 years old.  One quote:  "Trump is MySpace. Desantis is Facebook."

• Haha 2

Once the House/Senate is figured out, doesn't it make most since for GOP to rip the band aid off an take the short term loss of kneecapping Trump by cooperating with J6 Panel and DOJ?  But that's a risk for the GOP if it generates a third party as a result.  I think that risk is super low, though.  If I was McCarthy/McConnell, and I guess DeSantis symbolically, I'd consider that.  It could even be done through silence (which seems to be what leadership is doing now).  Cruz will get on board.  Let the MTGs and Gaetz's of the world fight for Trump and the GOP can get back to their typical evil ways.

Rick Scott is the interesting player in all of this.  He sees Trump as a useful idiot and hates DeSantis.  I think Scott's presidential chances are nil, but the dude always seems to rise fast to the top of the power structure somehow.  

On 11/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, BrickHorn said:

If the Dems had a killer instinct, they’d let this play out and then bombard Truth Social and the Chans and TexAgs and other seedy dens of frothing idiots with troll accounts bemoaning the GOP’s betrayal of God’s Chosen President. And they’d set up PACs to fund a third party run for one of the Trump heirs.

Instead, they’ll waste our time repeatedly getting baited into the idiotic culture war de jour. 

Why don't we do it for them?

• Drool 2

52 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Trump is coming on too strong now.  I am reading posts from all sorts of diehard friends who are Trumpkins on Facebook that they are done with him and ready for the next new thing ... DeSantis, who they know nothing about other than he's 44 years old.  One quote:  "Trump is MySpace. Desantis is Facebook."

You might point out that Meta (née Facebook) stock is crashing and they’re laying off 11,000 employees

Also, we’ve heard it before.

And then...

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement