A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

16 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Jack Smith will have his ass in jail before Christmas.  Then Fani is going to go to work on him. 

You're probably being facetious, or fatuous, but in case anyone thinks Trump is going to jail once he is indicted, think again.  Although there may be pretrial conditions placed on him that could be interesting, like travel restrictions.

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

You're probably being facetious, or fatuous, but in case anyone thinks Trump is going to jail once he is indicted, think again.  Although there may be pretrial conditions placed on him that could be interesting, like travel restrictions.

I was being neither; I was being uninformed. Come to think of it, there seem to be a lot of people who have been indicted or convicted who are still walking around free, doing podcasts, etc.

Since we're talking about it, what do you think the general timeframes would be?

Let's say he's indicted on December 15th.  What are the next things to happen and how long do they take?  

On 11/24/2022 at 6:22 AM, HenryJames said:

Trump is going to destroy this weirdo.

"The Free State of Florida".   

I can head to one of the 5 recreational dispensaries within a few miles of my house and buy all the weed I want.  Floridians cannot do that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I was being neither; I was being uninformed. Come to think of it, there seem to be a lot of people who have been indicted or convicted who are still walking around free, doing podcasts, etc.

Since we're talking about it, what do you think the general timeframes would be?

Let's say he's indicted on December 15th.  What are the next things to happen and how long do they take?  

Well on the bail/pretrial detention subject, the original purpose was to secure the defendant's appearance for trial.  That has been perverted to some degree in that now notions of public safety, preconviction, seem to dominate the inquiry.  The federal system tends toward pretrial detention, without bail, if there is the remotest hint of violence involved in the crime.  That does not extend generally to white collar offenses, they don't get detained, but they do get "supervised" to one degree or another.  I doubt Trump would be detained pretrial.

A federal criminal trial can take place six months to two years after indictment, possibly longer.  I might suspect a trial judge will push for the earliest trial possible and hopefully the government (as they always should be) is immediately ready for trial.  Trump, of course, will delay, but I'm not sure the usual practice of appealing every pretrial ruling will work this time around, because there are not many "interlocutory" appeals (before final judgment of conviction or acquittal) available in criminal cases, even to a former President.  This is where rulings in other cases regarding executive privilege and similar issues could come in real handy.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well on the bail/pretrial detention subject, the original purpose was to secure the defendant's appearance for trial.  That has been perverted to some degree in that now notions of public safety, preconviction, seem to dominate the inquiry.  The federal system tends toward pretrial detention, without bail, if there is the remotest hint of violence involved in the crime.  That does not extend generally to white collar offenses, they don't get detained, but they do get "supervised" to one degree or another.  I doubt Trump would be detained pretrial.

A federal criminal trial can take place six months to two years after indictment, possibly longer.  I might suspect a trial judge will push for the earliest trial possible and hopefully the government (as they always should be) is immediately ready for trial.  Trump, of course, will delay, but I'm not sure the usual practice of appealing every pretrial ruling will work this time around, because there are not many "interlocutory" appeals (before final judgment of conviction or acquittal) available in criminal cases, even to a former President.  This is where rulings in other cases regarding executive privilege and similar issues could come in real handy.

Interesting.  Doesn't seem like that orange jumpsuit is coming in the near future.  

I've been trusting of the process but hope that things don't drag into early 2025.  While I like the Democrat's chances of keeping the White House I would hope things are done by then, particularly with the "open and shut" documents case.

54 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Blacks for Trump just love the man !!!

Since he’s now released multiple statements defending taking the dinner with Kanye and Fuentes, I’m guessing it’s not the fake news that he’s feeling the pressure from.

And it’s got to be pissing him off that after Fuentes met with him, he still endorses DeSantis.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Since he’s now released multiple statements defending taking the dinner with Kanye and Fuentes, I’m guessing it’s not the fake news that he’s feeling the pressure from.

And it’s got to be pissing him off that after Fuentes met with him, he still endorses DeSantis.

One candidate seeking a white supremacist endorsement, the other already has it. 

Great look there GQP. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

More from an NBC report:

The source familiar with the dinner conversation said the dinner grew heated after Ye — who announced another run for president in 2024 on Thursday — asked Trump to be his running mate. Trump then began insulting Ye’s ex-wife, Kim Kardashian, according to the source and a video that Ye posted to Twitter on Thanksgiving Day recounting the dinner.

The source also said Fuentes is helping to advise Ye in his second presidential campaign. The rapper has said the campaign would be managed by Milo Yiannopoulos, a far-right provocateur and former Breitbart editor who was banned from Twitter in 2016 for inciting a racist campaign against comedian Leslie Jones.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/f-ing-nightmare-trump-team-damage-control-dines-ye-white-supremacist-n-rcna58780

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

I would have liked to see the look on Trump’s face when he asked him to be his running mate.  Trump would have flung his burnt steak and ketchup across the table, screaming “DO I LOOK LIKE A VICE PRESIDENT TO YOU?”

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would have liked to see the look on Trump’s face when he asked him to be his running mate.  Trump would have flung his burnt steak and ketchup across the table, screaming “DO I LOOK LIKE A VICE PRESIDENT TO YOU?”

Apparently only Trump wants his VP to be hung….

9FCA9DC6-DD58-42FB-9B6D-F10D1D014ADD.gif

Edited by brown water
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

When do the democrats get his tax returns? Need to get them before January.

The oversight committee has had them since September.

Because Congressional committees get them doesn't mean we get them.  Leaks are possible to inevitable, but otherwise  . . . .

11 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

One candidate seeking a white supremacist endorsement, the other already has it. 

Great look there GQP. 

I love how a portion of the GQP is fig leafing their political calculation behind moral opposition. "Trump hosting a Hitler-praising, Holocaust-denying, dictatorship-advocating fascist is a bridge too far! I'm throwing my support behind the guy who is endorsed by that very fascist."

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Very stable genius ….

could you imagine being like "hey let's go eat at mar a lago" and actually doing it? what kind of person would have that idea cross their minds and then actually follow through on it? what are the choices that got you to that point in life?

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

could you imagine being like "hey let's go eat at mar a lago" and actually doing it? what kind of person would have that idea cross their minds and then actually follow through on it? what are the choices that got you to that point in life?

there are posters here that would suck his dick to pay for an over priced dinner at mar a lago. I mean, they’re sucking dick anyway, but sucking off their broken orange Cheeto idol would be a life’s goal for them 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

He probably walks through every hour or so, 2-3 times a night, every night.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Do they have that deconstructed hamburger?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

He probably walks through every hour or so, 2-3 times a night, every night.

Also-fucking-lutely this. His ego needs fluffing 24/7. His evenings consist of:

• ranting on Truth
  • walking through MAL looking for applause
  • crashing weddings so he can steal the microphone and rant while groping the bride
  • going back to his suite and getting pissed when he can't find the gorilla channel on TV
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Also-fucking-lutely this. His ego needs fluffing 24/7. His evenings consist of:

• ranting on Truth
  • walking through MAL looking for applause
  • crashing weddings so he can steal the microphone and rant while groping the bride
  • going back to his suite and getting pissed when he can't find the gorilla channel on TV

You forgot the Diet Cokes and McDonalds meals ( even though he has chefs working there).

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

@TwiceHorn Why?

I might guess that for one thing, the appointment of a Special Counsel means they're not going to "chicken out" on indicting him for political reasons.  Why appoint it they seriously doubt their willingness to prosecute.  Now it's a matter of is the case "prosecutable"?

Too, I think, they have advised him that his usual bullshit isn't going to work very well in any criminal case.  And that he's not protected as he was from Mueller by being a sitting President.

Finally, unlike Mueller, Smith is a lifelong prosecutor, not an investigator, not an FBI director, not a DOJ bureaucrat.  Mueller had some prosecutorial chops, but more than half his career was in management.  Not true of Smith.  His most bureaucratic job was five years as the head of the DOJ public integrity section.  His boy Trusty has to know him and is probably afraid of him.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement