A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Shaka : Beard :: Mueller : Smith

we can only hope.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So same amount of suck, smith is just more of an asshole about it?

that's what i fear will happen. i'm really tired of all the hyping only for nothing to materialize. this has been going on for six years already.

On 11/26/2022 at 2:08 PM, Gil Bang said:

"The Free State of Florida".   

I can head to one of the 5 recreational dispensaries within a few miles of my house and buy all the weed I want.  Floridians cannot do that. 

plenty of people think florida and texas are two of the most free states in the nation.  not surprising they don't fully understand what "freedom" means in this context.  just say you crave fascism and get it over with. 

these same people won't dare step foot in the terrifying hellscape that is california.

29 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Yall need to keep Charles Enertainment Cheese out your mouth when discussing and comparing Trump. It may be a shitty franchise, but it's brought a bit of joy and happiness to some. That's nothing DJT has ever achieved.

Not true.   He made two ex-wives happy when they stopped having to be his wife.   

3 hours ago, WBT said:

Damn he loves tacky gold shit

If I had the the money, well I still don’t think I’d buy a big fucking jet with it, but if I did, I’m going to have it painted up like a generic cargo jet, because I sure as fuck don’t want my own name in the side, so that when I fly into some shady place, people instantly notice.    Hell, I’d put Trump’s name on the side before I put my own.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yall need to keep Charles Enertainment Cheese out your mouth when discussing and comparing Trump. It may be a shitty franchise, but it's brought a bit of joy and happiness to some. That's nothing DJT has ever achieved.

I bet Marla Maples got some joy out of divorcing his wretched ass.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Who hasn’t gotten shitfaced at Chuck E Cheese on a Tuesday? 

Never heard of such a thing. I’ve been to Showbiz Pizza way more than Chuck E. Cheese. I haven’t been to either since I became of drinking age. Getting my drink on at a cheap children’s pizza joint doesn’t sound like a good time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Oh My God Reaction GIF

This is a great example.  Smith was out securing convictions at the highest level six months ago at the Hague.

The last time Mueller tried a case was probably a decade ago, maybe two.

Also, look at the guy.  He's not some super-attractive, slick dude, or even the ex-military officer type with his jaycees haircut (Mueller) trying cases.  A guy that looks like that and wins convictions has to be a good trial lawyer.

He was chosen to make a decision on indicting Trump and convicting him, not merely to investigate.  Although the special counsel rules are not nearly as robust as they once were (Starr era), they do decouple him from a lot of the political considerations.

Also, I have been reading a lot of editorializing on the appointment of a special counsel.  I have concluded that the procedure is there for circumstances just like this -- perceived conflict of interest -- and, regardless of whether the procedure is effective at reducing/eliminating that, I think the grand scheme of things, and history, required the appointment.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Jonathan Frakes Oops GIF by FILMRISE

I had to Google it. The closest store is 2 hours away in Canton. And oh look, they have a pumpkin pepperoni pizza. That sounds fun. Must be a seasonal offering.  :)

A pool hall or bowling alley is more my speed. Fewer kids and I’ve never cared much for Skee-Ball. 

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is a great example.  Smith was out securing convictions at the highest level six months ago at the Hague.

Also, look at the guy.  He's not some super-attractive, slick dude, or even the ex-military officer type with his jaycees haircut (Mueller) trying cases.  A guy that looks like that and wins convictions has to be a good trial lawyer.

He was chosen to make a decision on indicting Trump and convicting him, not merely to investigate.  Although the special counsel rules are not nearly as robust as they once were (Starr era), they do decouple him from a lot of the political considerations.

Also, I have been reading a lot of editorializing on the appointment of a special counsel.  I have concluded that the procedure is there for circumstances just like this -- perceived conflict of interest -- and, regardless of whether the procedure is effective at reducing/eliminating that, I think the grand scheme of things, and history, required the appointment.

4ED30EBD-D408-474F-979F-6C546AB8AEE2.thumb.jpeg.d5fafd82108daf6a0ce4abc5f4fc7fcd.jpeg

“Former federal prosecutor and General Zod’s cousin Jack Smith. Kneel before Smith!”

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

it's also my understanding that smith is either a registered republican or has voted that way in the past.  in fantasyland, you would get somebody non-partisan, like we pretend judges are.  but now it has to absolutely be beyond reproach. 

i've mentioned this before (but it still bothers me).  during trump impeachment part 1 (i think?) they had 3 constitutional scholars there to testify and give straightforward educational information.  they all agreed on the facts and how trump was egregious in trampling on the constitution.  but 2 were dems and 1 was a republican. 

that was an unforced error, and fox news (and everyone else) jumped on it.  then, before you know it, it didn't matter what they said, people only saw red and blue.  some people were like, "yeah, they should've been equally represented."  no, they shouldn't have.  they should've all 3 been republicans.  the law is the law and the constitution is the constitution and partisanship doesn't matter. 

these days you have to bend over backwards to give them no room to complain and nothing to point at.  3 republicans would've given the exact same interpretations (they weren't strangers, they knew what they would say).  having mostly republicans talk during the j6 hearings was intentional.  the jack smith choice was intentional.  that's just the world we live in, and i'm glad they finally caught on.

getting someone who's been going after war criminals, spies, traitors - in short "universally bad people" - was the only way to do this.

i've long since past the point of thinking trump will spend one day in jail.  my goal this whole time is that trump spends time being "uncomfortable".  whether it's financial, legal, whatever.  jack smith is clearly making him uncomfortable, so my low bar is met.  the waiting is the hardest part.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Meh.  Almost all of the testimony the J6 Commission aired was from Republicans, many of whom were in Trumps inner circle.  It did not matter one bit.  People see what they want to see.  

Those people were all RINOs who Trump has never met.  Do your research!

I had to Google it. The closest store is 2 hours away in Canton. And oh look, they have a pumpkin pepperoni pizza. That sounds fun. Must be a seasonal offering.  
A pool hall or bowling alley is more my speed. Fewer kids and I’ve never cared much for Skee-Ball. 
Per the wikigoogles, showbiz and chuck e cheese have been the same company since the mid 80s and all locations operated under chuck e cheese since the early 90s.

Pretty much the only time I went to either was visiting family in c-bus. We went to the one on Hamilton Road just south of 70 in the mall.

22 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Per the wikigoogles, showbiz and chuck e cheese have been the same company since the mid 80s and all locations operated under chuck e cheese since the early 90s.

Pretty much the only time I went to either was visiting family in c-bus. We went to the one on Hamilton Road just south of 70 in the mall.

I know where a Chuck E. Cheese used to be fairly near me in Dublin but they closed years ago and I never went there. I spent my adolescence in northern Indiana and we used to go to the Showbiz in Mishawaka. The only Chuck E. Cheese I’ve been to was in Fort Wayne. That was twice as far away, though, and I only went there twice.

They used to hold teen dance parties at Showbiz on Friday nights in the summer. I used to go to those when I was 18. You had to show your ID to prove you were a teen and no booze was served, obviously. But we could watch the guys break dancing and hit on South Bend chicks. I couldn’t break dance but I still looked cool in my parachute pants.

😎

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Meh.  Almost all of the testimony the J6 Commission aired was from Republicans, many of whom were in Trumps inner circle.  It did not matter one bit.  People see what they want to see.  

i think it mattered.  the midterms seem to suggest it mattered.  most people were expecting them to be a snoozefest but i think many were pleasantly surprised.

were you expecting them to put trump in cuffs during the series finale?

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They used to hold teen dance parties at Showbiz on Friday nights in the summer. I used to go to those when I was 18. You had to show your ID to prove you were a teen and no booze was served, obviously. But we could watch the guys break dancing and hit on South Bend chicks. I couldn’t break dance but I still looked cool in my parachute pants.

😎

vanilla-ice-ice-ice-baby.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

On 11/28/2022 at 6:16 PM, Neonmoon said:

Who hasn’t gotten shitfaced at Chuck E Cheese on a Tuesday? 

My kid's friend had his birthday party at a Chuck E Cheese last year. I bought the dads the first round of beers, and while at the counter, loudly proclaimed "We're only going to have 2-3 beers max okay? Because I don't want you guys fighting inside a Chuck E Cheese again."

The staff behind the counter were cracking up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Holy shit, I didn't see it until you said it.  Now I can't unsee it.  It's the bags under his eyes, shape of the head, and the mouth, exactly the same.  The beard and receding hair line are just icing on the cake.  

Man, Season 3 of Ted Lasso is gonna be lit as fuck.  I love how Coach Beard will, just a couple times per season, reveal something else he did way earlier in life like win a lumberjack contest or some shit.  And Ted responded once (speaking to either Rebecca or the shrink), "That man has lived many lives...served many masters."  I could see Beard missing all of summer camp and showing up like, "Sorry Coach, was busy at the Hague trying war criminals all summer."  And Ted responding casually, "THE Hague?  How cool does your town have to be to get 'THE' put in front of it?  I mean, I don't get to say I'm from 'THE' Wichita, do I?  And that's a pretty cool place, least it was when we were there, amirite Coach?"  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i think it mattered.  the midterms seem to suggest it mattered.  most people were expecting them to be a snoozefest but i think many were pleasantly surprised.

were you expecting them to put trump in cuffs during the series finale?

I think you're both right.  For the base, it's meaningless.  I think there are a few more "reachable" people out there than the board gives credit for.

I think there were a goodly number of people, not particularly enamored of Trump, that thought his culpability was minimal, The Committee showed otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think you're both right.  For the base, it's meaningless.  I think there are a few more "reachable" people out there than the board gives credit for.

I think there were a goodly number of people, not particularly enamored of Trump, that thought his culpability was minimal, The Committee showed otherwise.

While I’m sure many will still pull the lever if he’s the candidate in ‘24, when I look around at all of the Trump voters I know, the response these days is mostly lukewarm compared to 2016 and 2020, with the exception being the Qanon/low information types that were looking beyond what they think the GOP provides them regardless of who is the candidate.

I know he kept the True Believers away from his announcement rally for whatever reason, but still, I’m not seeing many people I know supported him, who are still into MAGA stuff, buying Trump 2024 gear, etc.   

Like I said, most would still pull the lever if he’s on the ticket, but just lukewarm support.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Rage+1 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement