A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

45 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

your smartass-ness aside, while she's there for life (or as long as she wants), there are things that can be done to put her in the corner.  the chief administrative judge for that district can give her some really shitty assignments.  s/he can pull her off the normal case assignment wheel/rotation and make her the exclusive admiralty judge for that division or the assign her all the ERISA cases that are filed to get her off a normal Art III docket.

i've seen that happen with older judges who've lost their edge to shitty judges who'd continually manage to fuck up a shovel handle to amoral predators like Sam Kent.

there's always a remedy to a problem in federal jurisprudence...

oh shit I forgot you used to live here in Galveston, didn't you? I haven't heard that jackhole Kent's name in a minute but what a pompous ass he is.

13 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

oh shit I forgot you used to live here in Galveston, didn't you? I haven't heard that jackhole Kent's name in a minute but what a pompous ass he is.

i did indeed.  all his bullshit happened long before i arrived, but his malfeasance was known statewide.  but living there and hearing the stories first-hand was fucking awesome.

dude was the very definition of a fuckstick... 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

It doesn't appear he's all that into running this time around as he probably sees there's a real chance he could become a two-time loser very easily. I think he's only running to continue the grift -- he needs this desperately -- and also thinks being a POTUS candidate helps shield him from DOJ and other legal proceedings.

sigh. How many times do I have to explain it to you people? He is running because his narcissism won't let him not run. He lost, and he can't deal with that. He has to prove to himself that he is not a loser; he has to run again. When he loses again, it will be because of "rigged elections, believe me."

The grift is just the ketchup on the burnt steak.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 8:07 AM, Eskimohorn said:

To go from 45 white house, an impeachment, survive a coup attempt, another impeachment, then follow that Thing to MLago, just wow. Then have the consciousness to make a judgment that things are going from weird to weirder? And still staying. You show great compassion to accept her.

btw, pics of your cousin not showing up.

Picture Melania but 28. She doesn’t have a political bone in her body. It’s actually funny that she’s told him “no, we aren’t putting this out” several times and got him to stop . With the lunacy he posts, i can only imagine what made her draw that line. What’s surprising to me is how nice he has been to her. Like he’s been overly kind. Never hit on her, etc. 

FBI called my mom after they raided Mar-A-Lago because she’d visited a couple weeks before that went down.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Listen, I hear you, I do. I understand in the legal community this a big judicial rebuke. I fully comprehend many will now consider her a joke, if they didn't already, and she will waste away in the doldrums of menial jurisprudence. To the lay person or the twelve people without a law degree on this website, these type of consequences means jack and shit. 

i see no lies.  appreciate the perspective, apologies for the snark. 

i lose sight of that sometimes...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Question -- specifically, why did Ways and Means want his taxes?

it's probably the Oversight subcommittee that wants them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Ways_and_Means_Subcommittee_on_Oversight

Ways and Means is responsible for taxes and the Oversight committee covers matters related to the tax code. 

So they can look at his taxes and make a criminal referral if the doofus goofed on his tax returns (which he probably did). 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Quite a few of us expected this ruling. There are no special rules for individual criminal defendants (equal protection and due process). An exception for one would be an exception for all — and the judicial branch knows that would wreck the criminal justice system. 

Judge Cannon needs an ethics investigation. Horrible misuse of her equitable powers.

Good decision by the Eleventh Circuit. 

Yep, I thought the analogy to attorney-client privilege stuff, as in the search of an attorney's office might provide a basis for it, but no.

And I think it's a valid concern that this would open up any search warrant to dilatory proceedings like this.  

I do wish, however, that some of these batshit notions he's raising about the PRA and executive privilege had gotten swatted down early instead of complicating a criminal case later.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, elguapo said:

Can't wait to see what consequences the Trumper judge faces since she was found to have "abused her discretion!"

Abuse of discretion is a term of art.  Reversals and vacaturs on appeal happen all the time, including on abuse of discretion, which is what is found when a judge gets it wrong on a question on which s/he has discretion.  The other standard, for errors of law and fact, is clear error.

This is mostly meaningless, except for the government and Trump.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

your smartass-ness aside, while she's there for life (or as long as she wants), there are things that can be done to put her in the corner.  the chief administrative judge for that district can give her some really shitty assignments.  s/he can pull her off the normal case assignment wheel/rotation and make her the exclusive admiralty judge for that division or the assign her all the ERISA cases that are filed to get her off a normal Art III docket.

i've seen that happen with older judges who've lost their edge to shitty judges who'd continually manage to fuck up a shovel handle to amoral predators like Sam Kent.

there's always a remedy to a problem in federal jurisprudence...

I get your point about ERISA, but why would Admiralty be a bad gig?

Picture Melania but 28. She doesn’t have a political bone in her body. It’s actually funny that she’s told him “no, we aren’t putting this out” several times and got him to stop . With the lunacy he posts, i can only imagine what made her draw that line. What’s surprising to me is how nice he has been to her. Like he’s been overly kind. Never hit on her, etc. 
FBI called my mom after they raided Mar-A-Lago because she’d visited a couple weeks before that went down.

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Anyone working for him has more than a few political bones in their body.  Holy shit, the insurrection wasn't enough for her?  She decided to ride that out but she 'doesn't have a political bone in her body'?  The stolen classified documents weren't enough for her to nope out?  The entire party is turning on him (for now, anyway) and she's just gonna see where this goes?  Does she even have a line she won't cross?

And that ends my yearly trek to the CR. You’ve got her nailed to a T though. Proud of you. 

On 12/1/2022 at 8:07 AM, Eskimohorn said:

To go from 45 white house, an impeachment, survive a coup attempt, another impeachment, then follow that Thing to MLago, just wow. Then have the consciousness to make a judgment that things are going from weird to weirder? And still staying. You show great compassion to accept her.

btw, pics of your cousin not showing up.

I guess last thing before I’m out, lol. I see her twice a year. Christmas and thanksgiving. We don’t talk or text or have family group chats going on. It was just a normal thanksgiving. Of the people there, I would be it would be 70/30 blue. It’s not like we are sitting around in MAGA hats and worshipping to the temple of the orange headed fuck. Politics were maybe 2% of the conversation. Mostly cooking, football, family stories, etc. Hell, she could be looking for another job, I don’t know. I didn’t ask. I may not like who she works for, but I can talk about our grandparents or play tennis or share a meal with her without even batting an eye. 

• Hook 'Em 5

I guess last thing before I’m out, lol. I see her twice a year. Christmas and thanksgiving. We don’t talk or text or have family group chats going on. It was just a normal thanksgiving. Of the people there, I would be it would be 70/30 blue. It’s not like we are sitting around in MAGA hats and worshipping to the temple of the orange headed fuck. Politics were maybe 2% of the conversation. Mostly cooking, football, family stories, etc. Hell, she could be looking for another job, I don’t know. I didn’t ask. I may not like who she works for, but I can talk about our grandparents or play tennis or share a meal with her without even batting an eye. 
Fuck that. Can't normalize what that orange fuck has done to America.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I get it. My 1st cousin is an ADA who ran for District Judge as a Republican, my sister is former Associate Parliamentarian of the USHOR who used to work in the Clinton WH (conveniently left off the resume Dennis Hastert reviewed when he hired her) and when we get together its all about family.

But my takeaway from ocugolf’s post was “Melania, 28, bone.” My doctors are amazed at my mental acuity.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

In other news. Katie Porter is awesome 

On Sunday, July 1, 2018, a vocal proponent for pardoning the Hammonds shared in a tweet that “President Trump called me to say he is 'seriously considering' pardoning Dwight and Steven Hammond.” This was the first public acknowledgement that a pardon was under consideration.

On Monday, July 2, 2018, the next business day, the Federal Election Commission database shows that Mr. Ingram made a $10,000 out-of-cycle donation to the America First Action, Inc. Super PAC. The America First Action, Inc. Super PAC describes itself as “dedicated to supporting President Trump | We are the only Official Pro-Trump Super PAC.” On Tuesday, July 10, 2018, President Trump signed Executive Grants of Clemency (Full Pardons) for both Hammonds.

Mr. Ingram made only one other $10,000 donation during the 2017–2018 non-presidential election cycle. That donation was the subject of the Committee’s criminal referral regarding the Villages at Vigneto development. In that case, Ingram and 12 other individuals, many of whom maintained personal or professional relationships with Ingram, donated nearly a quarter of a million dollars to the Trump Victory Fund and the Republican National Committee on the same day or within just a few days that a major federal action regarding Vigneto was made in Ingram’s favor. All other donations from Ingram during this election cycle were $5,400 or less.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Anyone working for him has more than a few political bones in their body.  Holy shit, the insurrection wasn't enough for her?  She decided to ride that out but she 'doesn't have a political bone in her body'?  The stolen classified documents weren't enough for her to nope out?  The entire party is turning on him (for now, anyway) and she's just gonna see where this goes?  Does she even have a line she won't cross?

No butt stuff 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Tom Hicks implicated in the letter from Porter.  Also, 10k seems cheap for a pardon.

Read again. It was 250K

I don’t think Hicks was implicated. She just requested all communication from PAC and listed board members. Didn’t know Hicks was MAGA though, but it makes sense. 

Edited by Neonmoon

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement