A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

This is the one that kills me.

• 2024: *Dems eke out a 1.5-point victory over a dude that literally said he wants to throw out the Constitution. Several more years of legal and electoral fuckery ensue.*
  • NY Times/CNN/coastal liberal types: "STUNNING REBUKE OF TRUMPISM!!"

So frustrating. Better than the alternative, I guess.

43 minutes ago, Red Five said:

FTC: "Hey family, I see your Dotard shrine is still up. I guess it doesn't bother you that he hangs out with nazis and wants to shred the Constitution."

FTC's family: "Oh well we don't agree with EVERYTHING he says...."

Sometimes the lord sends his message in the form of a salty sailor! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

FTC: "Hey family, I see your Dotard shrine is still up. I guess it doesn't bother you that he hangs out with nazis and wants to shred the Constitution."

FTC's family: "Oh well we don't agree with EVERYTHING he says...."

GOP guy on Face the Nation yesterday: “Trump says a lot of things.”

• Like 1

I think it's probably more important to look into what various GOP members do vs say at this point.  They can't be completely honest in their reactions to what dumbfuck orange wannabe dicktater says without politically damaging themselves and the party in general.  So I wouldn't expect to see anything more publicly critical of Trump than what Mitch McConnel has said.

But, I think it will be telling to see who in the GOP is still actively trying to protect and bolster trump.  Not in tweets, but in their floor votes, rulings, etc...  Take the big twitter Hunter Biden reveal.  You see most in the GOP using it as a means to damage Biden, not promote Trump. Who else in the GOP other than him is saying lets throw out the constitution and have a do-over?  I have to believe there are more than a few on the right that are open to assisting in Trump's downfall as long as they can do it mostly in the background and without indicting themselves or their party.

A lot of their constituents want it.  Of the people I know who still identify as conservative, almost all share my desire to see Trump choke on a cheeseburger.  They don't want to cede US politics to the dems, but they damn sure want Trump to go the fuck away forever and for someone new (DeSantis) to emerge.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Who else in the GOP other than him is saying lets throw out the constitution and have a do-over? 

Weren’t there over 120+ candidates across the country just these midterms who were election deniers? Kari Lake and certain secretaries of state come to mind. 

Edited by Pig Bellmont

14 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Weren’t there over 120+ candidates across the country just these midterms who were election deniers? Kari Lake and certain secretaries of state come to mind. 

Plus any of the members of Congress that voted against vertifying the election on January 6th 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

The cabinet could have 25th amendment'd the motherfucker and rid themselves of the headache forever.  The elements of the GQP that may want to backchannel Trump's demise are the "fringe" of the party.  They hold no real ability to do anything to affect his stranglehold on the party.

It's up to the voters to continually deny him and his minions the offices they run for since the government apparatus is built to conspire for the GQP and Trump has rendered any internal revolution impotent.

He will be powerful culturally and politically until he dies which is hopefully soon.  How much McDonald's beef can one consume before you succumb to it?

Edited by Old Freak Nasty
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

The cabinet could have 25th amendment'd the motherfucker and rid themselves of the headache forever.  The elements of the GQP that may want to backchannel Trump's demise are the "fringe" of the party.  They hold no real ability to do anything to affect his stranglehold on the party.

It's up to the voters to continually deny him and his minions the offices they run for since the government apparatus is built to conspire for the GQP and Trump has rendered any internal revolution impotent.

He will be powerful culturally and politically until he dies which is hopefully soon.  How much McDonald's beef can one consume before you succumb to it?

Hell, McConnell could've ridden this country of DOTARD forever back in Feb 2021 if he'd wanted to.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Mormons are the only faction of the GQP coalition who are openly out on Trumpism and consistently vote so.  It's the only place in the country that Romney can voice that much opposition to Trump, vote for impeachment, etc without risking being primaried.

I imagine they do like Cheney but polls there have no bearing on GQP polls in any of the other 49 states.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Trump merchandise = Beanie Babies for the 2020's.

And the Venn diagram of Beanie Babies collectors and Trump fans is probably mostly overlapping.

HEY!

My daughter collected those.  There's got to be an exception for elementary school girls.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goredho said:

Of the people I know who still identify as conservative, almost all share my desire to see Trump choke on a cheeseburger.  They don't want to cede US politics to the dems, but they damn sure want Trump to go the fuck away forever and for someone new (DeSantis) to emerge.

Counterpoint: fuck their evil fucking asses.  The ONLY problem they have with Trump is that he says certain things out loud.  Their problem is with his MANNERS, not what he actually supports and want to do.  They are all in on hate, fascism, racism, xenophobia, oppression of women, hatred of gays and trans people, etc. etc. ad infinitum.  They just prefer that someone use better language when they talk about these goals.

RUDE: "exterminate the jews!"

JUST FINE: "find a final solution to the jewish problem."

Fuck 'em.  Fuck 'em all.  Fuck 'em all, all the way to hell, and then keep fucking 'em all another layer lower, so even Dante says "whoa, I never even THOUGHT of that level of hell."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This Jon Cooper dude is the dumbest motherfucker on twitter.  It's not a loan *TO* a foreign creditor, it's *FROM* a foreign creditor.  Also, Daewoo has "ties to North Korea" about the same way that Nike does.

Thank you. There are a handful of these accounts (like Cooper) that are just clickbait bullshit.

Quick tip: If you are following a non-journalist on twitter and they like to begin tweets with:

THIS IS HUGE!:

BREAKING!!:

HOLY HELL!!

THIS JUST IN!!

Then you should understand that what you're reading is likely bullshit

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Thank you. There are a handful of these accounts (like Cooper) that are just clickbait bullshit.

Quick tip: If you are following a non-journalist on twitter and they like to begin tweets with:

THIS IS HUGE!:

BREAKING!!:

HOLY HELL!!

THIS JUST IN!!

Then you should understand that what you're reading is likely bullshit

TOP 4 SIGNS THE TWEET YOU ARE READING IS BULLSHIT!!!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint: fuck their evil fucking asses.  The ONLY problem they have with Trump is that he says certain things out loud.  Their problem is with his MANNERS, not what he actually supports and want to do.  They are all in on hate, fascism, racism, xenophobia, oppression of women, hatred of gays and trans people, etc. etc. ad infinitum.  They just prefer that someone use better language when they talk about these goals.

Fuck 'em.  Fuck 'em all.  Fuck 'em all, all the way to hell, and then keep fucking 'em all another layer lower, so even Dante says "whoa, I never even THOUGHT of that level of hell."

I understand the outrage, but for my kid’s sake, I’m most interested in seeing how we can most quickly and pragmatically neutralize the threat that Trump and his movement within the GOP represent.  The least efficient and most violent path is through a war to the death with everyone who identified as and voted Republican in 2016 and beyond (the “fuckemall” approach).

Trump and his movement have enemies in the Republican party.  They have enemies among conservative voters who want to see a return from the brink.  If our goal is to make our nation a better one for the next generation as quickly and painlessly as possible, those Republicans and conservative voters should be empowered, promoted and embraced, not bludgeoned with outrage.  We should do that for no other reason than it increases the barriers that Trump and his movement must overcome to cement their ideology as the law of the land.

I don’t give a fuck if a Republican voted to not impeach Trump two years ago.  If they are willing to help bury his ass today, they are an ally.  I don’t care if a conservative voter pulled the lever for Trump in 2020.  If they are willing to primary his ass in favor of another conservative who does not as successfully operate his hate engine, that voter is an ally.

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But here's the thing: there are a lot of people who love that he says "Exterminate the Jews" out loud.  And they're not going to vote for someone who doesn't say it out loud.

That was the entire reason he won Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan in 2016.  There are a ton of people in those states (and across the country, really, but those states were the ones that were sufficiently close to be decisive) who fucking hate The Jews, hate The Blacks, hate The Gays, hate . . . pretty much any group you could reasonably put the definite article in front of. 

And they never felt like they could participate in American politics.  For them, there are just two parties that are really one (e.g., the "Business Party" or the #uniparty), because neither party is willing to say out loud the things they believe.  So they never voted.  I mean, what's the point, really?  If you fucking hate immigrants, why would you vote for George W. Bush, who talks about immigration reform and creating a path to citizenship?

Trump spoke directly to those people.  He called them "very fine people," and they loved him for it.  They had never voted before in their lives; they voted for him.

But if Trump is not the nominee, and it's someone like DeSantis--i.e., someone who has the sense not to call Nazis "very fine people," then we just go back to the status quo ante.  Why the fuck are these people going to vote for either party, when neither says what they think?  A lot of them will just fade back into the woodwork.  They're still there, shooting up electrical substations in rural North Carolina, mind you.  But you're not going to see them at the ballot box voting for someone like Ron fucking DeSantis.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I understand the outrage, but for my kid’s sake, I’m most interested in seeing how we can most quickly and pragmatically neutralize the threat that Trump and his movement within the GOP represent.  The least efficient and most violent path is through a war to the death with everyone who identified as and voted Republican in 2016 and beyond (the “fuckemall” approach).

Trump and his movement have enemies in the Republican party.  They have enemies among conservative voters who want to see a return from the brink.  If our goal is to make our nation a better one for the next generation as quickly and painlessly as possible, those Republicans and conservative voters should be empowered, promoted and embraced, not bludgeoned with outrage.  We should do that for no other reason than it increases the barriers that Trump and his movement must overcome to cement their ideology as the law of the land.

I don’t give a fuck if a Republican voted to not impeach Trump two years ago.  If they are willing to help bury his ass today, they are an ally.  I don’t care if a conservative voter pulled the lever for Trump in 2020.  If they are willing to primary his ass in favor of another conservative who does not as successfully operate his hate engine, that voter is an ally.

Counter-counterpoint: still, fuck 'em all.

They're just as bad as he is.  They're just more polite about it.  And they will return to supporting people as bad as he is in a split second, with ZERO hesitation.

You don't appease evil.  You defeat it.  And yeah, that's gonna get ugly.  They set the rules of the game and insisted that we play it.  We need to quit being fucking pussies, and we need to play to WIN.  We need real domestic terrorism laws, so we can lock these violent christofascists up by the truckload for 50 years.  We need violent police raids on their homes, giving them every fucking chance to "defend themselves" and get perforated repeatedly in response.  We need to punch fucking nazis in the face.  We need to harass them when they are in public.  We need to call them fucking names in restaurants, at football games, everywhere.  We need to fucking drive them into submission.

De-nazification works that way.  It's the only way it works.

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, safe sex said:

See: Reconstruction & Jim Crow, Civil Rights aftermath, Watergate & Nixon's pardon, etc. Root out the rot and burn it this time.

THESE.  ALL OF THESE THINGS.

We keep dealing with this shit because we never had our full reckoning.  Time to fucking have it.  And bonus: THEY WANT IT.  So, let's give 'em what they want.  Let's give it to them good and hard.

All I'm suggesting is that we treat all of Y'all Qaeda and their sympathizers and supporters EXACTLY like we treat Al Qaeda and its sympathizers and supporters.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Counter-counterpoint: still, fuck 'em all.

They're just as bad as he is.  They're just more polite about it.  And they will return to supporting people as bad as he is in a split second, with ZERO hesitation.

You don't appease evil.  You defeat it.  And yeah, that's gonna get ugly.  They set the rules of the game and insisted that we play it.  We need to quit being fucking pussies, and we need to play to WIN.  We need real domestic terrorism laws, so we can lock these violent christofascists up by the truckload for 50 years.  We need violent police raids on their homes, giving them every fucking chance to "defend themselves" and get perforated repeatedly in response.  We need to punch fucking nazis in the face.  We need to harass them when they are in public.  We need to call them fucking names in restaurants, at football games, everywhere.  We need to fucking drive them into submission.

De-nazification works that way.  It's the only way it works.

We'll have to agree to disagree that everyone in the GOP or who voted for them the past couple cycles is irredeemable and must be made to pay for their sins.  I know yours is probably the more popular opinion here, but I firmly believe it is the path to becoming exactly what they say you are and further perpetuating the problem.  There are plenty of historical examples where forced atonement has had the opposite to desired effect, and I hope there are people with more power than you or I that are seeking to leverage those who have been wrong in the past, but who are willing to work on the right side of history now.   I know for a fact there are many conservative voters who desperately want another conservative option than what they had and voted for in 2016 and 2020.

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Don't trust anything a "conservative" tells you.  If they are not telling you that "all we want is to win, and for all who oppose us to suffer for our gain," they are lying.

So you are telling me I should trust a random person on the internet (you) when you tell me that people I know closely in reality (not you) are awful, horrible, irredeemable and have no place in American society?  People who I know for a fact are generally good, kind people who are guilty only of falling for an unprecedented political scam that has fooled millions?  Sorry, that does not align with the reality I have directly observed with my own two eyes.

If everyone keeps cheering for blood, they will get it soon enough.  Perhaps that of their enemies, Perhaps their own.  Or perhaps that of someone they love.  70 million people voted for Trump in the last election.  If they all must fight or die to exist in your America, you're no better than what you are railing against.

• Hook 'Em 9

40 minutes ago, Goredho said:

People who I know for a fact are generally good, kind people who are guilty only of falling for an unprecedented political scam that has fooled millions?  Sorry, that does not align with the reality I have directly observed with my own two eyes.

so will they vote for trump in 2024 if he is the gop nominee?  do they know it was a political scam?  if they don't, are you able to reason with them and convince them it was a scam?  do they think pulling the lever for (r) is what's best for the country, regardless of the name next to it?

i'm honestly asking.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

^^^

Yep.

And every one of the supposed good and decent people referenced above -- EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM -- will vote for him for POTUS if he's the GQP nominee in 2024.  Don't listen to the excuses.  Watch what the GQP DOES.  They protect him at all costs.  They excuse him.  And when ASKED if they'll decline to vote for him if he's the nominee, they just won't say (because the truth is -- they will of course vote for him).

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And my point is simple.  The third reich and all of its horrors wouldn't have succeeded if it depended on just the relatively small group of "Nazi monsters."  It succeeded, and caused unspeakable horror, precisely because of those who went along with it.  The folks you would call otherwise "good people."

And right now, at this moment in our history, those accessories don't want redemption.   They just want someone who will be more polite and electable, but pursue the EXACT same things that their fuhrer pursued.  They want Hitler with a better haircut, without the silly mustache, and with a more refined tone.

It's awful to believe that people we thought were good are actually happily on board with what is objectively evil.  But.....as awful as it is to believe, it's even more awful that it's true.  When the kind person, who would give you the shirt off his back, ALSO helps facilitate The Final Solution, we don't know how to reconcile that.  And maybe we shouldn't.  Maybe my point is that "otherwise good and decent" doesn't mean jack fucking shit when you support a political movement that wants to machine gun brown people at the border, wants to overthrow our government, deny the vote to poor/minorities, condemn women to die if they have a troublesome pregnancy, etc.  I don't care if you work a shift at the food kitchen, or help your elderly neighbor, or any of that shit.  Enough.  At long last, enough.

You forget one extremely important detail.  The one that changed the course of Western History for centuries.  Eventually, almost everyone in Germany went along with the NSP.  And yes, they vilified intellectuals, academics, et. al.  But in the end, that percentage was relatively small compared to the non-Jewish portion of the Reich Protectorate.  They started at the top, the wealthy, ruling class, highly educated, business owners, proud Germans sick of being brow-beaten by the post-WWI climate.  We forget it took 15 years to get that mechanism to trickle down to the masses.  What Trump figured out was to start at the bottom and trickle up.  He made them realize that without his undercurrent of populist hatred, their power was temporary...and revocable.  What Himmler, Goering, and Goebbels took nearly 20 years to accomplish...Trump will do in less than 10.  It can all end in a month, but this nation lacks the spine to get MAGA on the trains.  So beware what comes next.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

We'll have to agree to disagree that everyone in the GOP or who voted for them the past couple cycles is irredeemable and must be made to pay for their sins.  I know yours is probably the more popular opinion here, but I firmly believe it is the path to becoming exactly what they say you are and further perpetuating the problem.  There are plenty of historical examples where forced atonement has had the opposite to desired effect, and I hope there are people with more power than you or I that are seeking to leverage those who have been wrong in the past, but who are willing to work on the right side of history now.   I know for a fact there are many conservative voters who desperately want another conservative option than what they had and voted for in 2016 and 2020.

But if they don’t get that other option than they’ll happily vote the same way in 2024 as they did in 2016 and 2020. And maybe they really just want the same option with a different face like, say, DeSantis. He’ll still hurt the right people but he won’t be quite as in-your-face Trumpy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

But if they don’t get that other option than they’ll happily vote the same way in 2024 as they did in 2016 and 2020. And maybe they really just want the same option with a different face like, say, DeSantis. He’ll still hurt the right people but he won’t be quite as in-your-face Trumpy. 

yep.  wanting it to be a more palatable trump doesn't get you off the hook 6 months later when you pull the lever for actual trump.

the other side of that is also true.  wanting it to be desantis because trump is a piece of shit doesn't absolve you when desantis shockingly behaves like said piece of shit.  i didn't realize the leopard would also be eating my face.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement